Re: Thank You All

Bogie, take care my friend, remember all the old days of drinking together and just having fun.  I was there at the first show in TX when you took over, we were a little shocked with the little bass drum on the front and all wanted to know what the hell it was LOL.  You'll be missed, not sure who's going to take over the kit for you, but you're an amazing drumer.  Take care, and stay in touch!
Barry

Love, Peace, Beatles and JOE!!!

Bogie- I've been reading the forum for several months now, but this is the first time I've posted anything and I wish it was for a reason other than the news of your departure. I was just wondering the other day how in the world Joe finds musicians that are willing to be out on the road and away from home so much; I have a lot of friends that are musicians and I know the lifestyle can be tiresome.

Watching you have such a great time is one of the highlights of the RAH DVD and we were really looking forward to seeing live and possibly meeting you this Spring on the swing through Iowa. But, we wish you all the best and look forward to seeing what you do next.

Dan

Bogie

Thank you for your time with Joe and the band -go on to greatness and happiness. I will follow your career with interest and look forward to hearing you play some more.

Tom

Bogie

Sorry to hear you go. Thanks for past good years.

Best wishes!

Dang Bogie, this is sad news for us fans for sure,but we understand,and wish you nothing but the very best. You are one awesome drummer to say the least,and leave some huge shoes for someone to fill. Someone else doing the drums on ,"Happier Times" I just can't see it.  hmm  big_smile  I do hope you'll sit in at one time or another. Best of everything to ya,and Merry CHRISTmas.

114 (edited by Count Juan Chutrifo 2010-12-17 15:46:50)

I've seen you many times with Joe in the U.K Bogie & you compliment him & the rest of the band perfectly. Joe has some rather large boots to fill.

May I say you will be sadly missed by the whole family.

Good luck with everything you choose to do sir & Thank you.

Aww man, this is a sad day.  I remember the first show I saw the "new" band play with Joe (Hagerstown MD Blues Festival in 2007 IIRC) and really liked what I heard.  I can't remember if you did your solo at that show, but in subsequent shows I was blown away with your solo in Dazed and Confused.  Shoot, I even made a thread about it:

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtop … mp;login=1

I remember I used to watch these three videos of you over and over again and would show them to any friend that would watch.  Two have already been posted, but might as well post again for good measure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofj6uyJhzGI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__q5bPG2-Lg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkgTayuSdmk

It's been a pleasure watching you play over the last 5 years, I hope you keep rocking!  Joe has some big shoes to fill!

Oh my god bogie!
                      Can't take it in that your not comeing back!
                      All the very best in every thing that you doin the future and thaks for the music!!!!!
                       Russ (chad123)

117 (edited by cathysiler 2010-12-18 07:01:02)

I'm still mourning the end of the Bogie Era. It's that smile. He radiated J-O-Y!!! I will miss that!! But, I am aware this is a good thing for him. Lots of luck to the next guy. I promise to be open..but could you ask him to smile???    Cathy  sad

edit - errant apostrophe removed  wink

Haven't posted in a long time but.......OUCH! This hurts. sad  Of course we all would got to a Joe show, but I always have my eyes scanning the band and you could always tell when you were "on." (all the time)  The worst Joe show we saw was in Albany when we couldn't see you or Carmine because of the set up of The Egg.  Good Luck Bogie...did I mention, "this hurts?"  wink

"Is it the new blues mobile or what?"                                                                                                                                                                                                     "Fix the cigarette lighter."

Hate to see you leave, but I'm sure you've given it a lot of thought and made the right decision. I've seen you at the Vredenburg in Utrecht and in the Carré in Amsterdam twice, and I've enjoyed you so much! I wish you all the best both in your personal life and in your future professional plans.

THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC!

120 (edited by bigjeffjones 2010-12-17 18:44:20)

Damn Son, you be geting some LOVE.  I will say this: 
The first time I walked on the Bonamassa Bus (to talk to Cosby Loggins of all people  big_smile ) I was flipping a "coin."  This grinning face appears and said, "I can do that too!"  I laughed out loud and gave him a bear hug. 

InstantLove
FDOL

By the way, Cosby said OMG, you're like my dad's age.  Respect.   lol   roll  lol

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Bogie,

You will be sorely missed.  I wish you nothing but the BEST in everything YOU do, now, and in the future.  I feel blessed I was able to watch you play this past Dec 4th.

Thanks Very Much!

sad

122 (edited by ThePurpleGoddess 2010-12-17 19:05:10)

You will be very much missed :'o(

Thank you, you were wonderful in Glasgow in October !

All the best !  cool

'Catch the rainbow'

I haven't been around here for a while, but I think this is the right time to come back.

I met you in Brussels, last year. You may not remember, of course. I first thought you were a roadie, and I asked you some silly questions about meeting Joe. I then realized you were much more than just a roadie when I saw you on stage. It was so awkward, I felt just like a fool...

So long Bogie, you were an amazing drummer and you'll surely be missed! I wish you all the best, and thank you for what you've been doing with the band!

Follow me on Twitter, join me on Facebook

Bogie,
I'll will miss you man.  I always loved to watch you smiling and having a good time up on the stage. You are an excellent drummer and your talent will take you wherever you want to go.

Thanks for all the great shows!

It's nearly all been said above!
Should visit here more often..
Like a few of the others here, I'm a guitar player but I've never enjoyed a drummer as much anywhere else......and I've seen "a few" being the age I am.

One of the best things about Bogies performances for me besides the obvious talent, is the fact that he always seems to be throughly enjoying it. Like all the band really. His smiles during performances were brilliant and said so much.

I have had the pleasure of meeting him and he is one of those instantly likeable people.

He is special and I will be looking for his next moves. Never really done that before (oh, except for with Bill Nelson when he folded Be Bop Deluxe! See told you I was at "the age I am" )

Thank you Bogie. A major star  cool

If you look up the word,"Drummer" in Websters,theres no words,just a picture of Bogie. wink  Gonna miss ya man,be safe ,fly high and thanks again.