Re: Who's Your Supergroup?

I can't begin to limit my choices to one or 2 people on each instrument, especially with my appreciation of several genres. I have been grateful for all this Vh1 talk this month, because I might have otherwise missed "Metal Month." It's like a flashback to MTV in the early 80's...you remember, back in the days when MTV showed music videos? I almost forgot how much I loved metal!!!

Stu, you a metalhead? I used to watch the "Headbangers Ball" every week.

David wrote:

Stu, you a metalhead? I used to watch the "Headbangers Ball" every week.

Definitely a metalhead at heart! I'm all over the map though, I'm going to David Gogo tomorrow night, and have tickets for Al Green in July.

That's great. I'm the same way. Unfortunately, it seems like  alot of people are limited to one type of music. Take my co-worker for example. All day she has on a station that plays pop music like Britney Spears. Gag!

I banged my head so much to music tame by actual metal "standards" that when they put the metal plate in my head I became a metalhead...when I cloned myself I became the first metal group! Betcha dint know!

Bang On & Keep the head plate screwed on tighty,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

This is sort of brutal really.  If I was making a blues band...in the traditional or electric blues, not in the Judah bauer direction...

Drums...John Blackwell from New Power Generation...few have that stable of a groove.
Bass...Johnny B Gayden...if you have a blind pig or alligator early record...you have Johnny
Singer...No idea really, its so hard.
2 Guitar PLayers...Magic Slim, and Scott Holt

I think that band would be amazingly smooth and groovy

If I had to pick a super group...

2 guitar players...Thurston Moore and Dan Auerbach
Drummer...Sugar Sim Cain
Bass Player...Melvin Gibbs
Singer...Maybe Melvin from Tool

But if I had to pick the best band on the road right now...Prince's band.  Interesting little internet rumor/sighting....Clatpon is rumored to have been in the house for 20 dates this past year.  If Clapton is watching that is something.

alright

guitar---duh
rhythm/countermelody guitar---Jimmy D lane
vocals---Mark May
drums---maurice "moe" taylor (drummer for Ronnie baker brooks)
Bass---tommy shannon
Keyboards?----well if he were still alive, reese wynans

ca=heck out all the people I mentioned. Jimmy D lane is really good and mark may has a cool guit ar and voice.

I woke up this mornin', cant find my shoes.