55 (edited by Spider 2011-01-28 11:50:13)

Re: Is this the "Goldie" Auction?

xcorporate wrote:

If everybody in this forum sent $10 to a "fund" we could collectively outbid anybody for the guitar, then give it to Joe.  Now that would be fun.   cool

+3

Absolutely! Goldie is singing out "I know where I belong"!!

Rocket wrote:

Angela, it's always going to be bittersweet hearing Reconsider, Baby for me... neutral

Rocket,
Not to get too philosophical, but if Goldie starts wailing RECONSIDER BABY, let's just hope its not because she's homesick!!   big_smile

I'm a little atypical when it comes to Goldie.  When I first 'met her', I was very judgmental & I thought she was really flashy and gaudy, and didn't think Goldie fit the profile of her owner.  It wasn't until I absorbed the BRILLIANCE of the guitar player, that I came to appreciate Goldie's beauty.    SO, IT'S LIKE THAT

I think if Joe wanted Goldie back, he wouldn't have given her up for adoption...   cool

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I gotta say that  looking at Goldie sitting there with a price tag makes me a bit short of breath.. That guitar traveled so many miles with me.  A foot note about it.. When I was 19,  I was at rock bottom.  I lost my record deal, I had a horrible squeaky voice.  I tried several different styles of music and fell flat on my arse.  It was the most crossroads time of my life.  I actually gave up the guitar.. I sold all my guitars.. 10 in all to my dad and at vintage guitar shows and gave up for 6 months.. But, the only guitar I kept was..... you guessed it..  Goldie.  Its is with mixed emotions and a pure heart that this guitar goes to a good home.. 
Joe B

THIS is why I love you, JB, and this place. Your humanity matters.    XX   Cathy

Reading this thread about Goldie musta got to me, yesterday...   I just bought a sparkly strat body on ebay. tongue

Another Goldie shot. Taken at Gilly's in Dayton Ohio august 2004.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee88 … goldie.jpg

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I gotta say that  looking at Goldie sitting there with a price tag makes me a bit short of breath.. That guitar traveled so many miles with me.  A foot note about it.. When I was 19,  I was at rock bottom.  I lost my record deal, I had a horrible squeaky voice.  I tried several different styles of music and fell flat on my arse.  It was the most crossroads time of my life.  I actually gave up the guitar.. I sold all my guitars.. 10 in all to my dad and at vintage guitar shows and gave up for 6 months.. But, the only guitar I kept was..... you guessed it..  Goldie.  Its is with mixed emotions and a pure heart that this guitar goes to a good home.. 
Joe B

Class Joe, that's what you have, Class! cool

My only regret is I wish I had enough money to outbid everyone and then give it right back to you with an agreement that you would not put it up for auction again. That guitar belongs in the hands of it's Master and the only one that can fill those shoes are you, yourself Joe.

Roy

Joe is the Best!

61 (edited by Rocket 2011-02-01 05:51:12)

samjp4 wrote:

Joe - I think you should bid on her (one of us would be glad to be your proxy!)   big_smile   If that doesn't happen I truly hope she goes to someone who really appreciates her.

My guess at the final bid?  $32004.

I went thru my pictures looking for some of Goldie in action, and though I saw Joe use her several times I only have a couple of pictures.  They are in this set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24057301@N … 436771559/

First guitar I ever saw Joe play.  Excuse me while I go join Patty in a sob-fest.

Sandy

It wouldn't surprise me if Joe HAS a proxy and is going to donate money to Crossroads "secretly".  Yes, he'd still have the guitar, but he can keep her stashed and then break her out one day saying he bought her, which will be truth, even though he bought her from himself.  And he might never break out her either, if that were the case.  Just to have.  To always have.  Only one should have her just to have her.  She was duped without permission, so maybe it's just better to let her go, too...........
Regardless, it is altogether fitting that she is up for auction, and given Joe's "rock bottom" breath-stealing reminiscence, let's not forget that The Crossroads Centre is for those who are truly at their rock bottom and in need of help that is finally coming around to revive their life, it's spirit, and their innermost soul!  It is a wonderful, gracious, and loving gift of the highest (no pun intended) order! Class indeed!!! Thanks to you Joe, and blessings upon you as they are upon others from you.

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Beautifully written Rocket.  Joe...nothing but class....God Blesd You

Bonaburst #18, JB Epi #191, MusicMan Darklord, LP Cherryburst Traditional Plus, Gigliotti GT, Takamine, Takamine 12 string, Martin D-28 & GPCPA1, Fender Amer STD Strat, Fender Custom Shop Gold Metalflake, Custom "OSU" Wagner Tele, Gibson SG Limited Govt Model, Jim Kelly Combo

I hope it goes to on someone who will use it and not stuck away in some private collection. I will be bidding but don't think I have anywhere near enough sare cash at the moment, maybe a remortgage is in order  big_smile

In my experience of auctions for the sale of a lot at this estimated price the bids will probably move in increments of $500 within the guide price and $1k when it exceeds it. If the auctioneer is aware of keen interest in an item he or she will start the bidding at or very near the upper end of the guide price. We can therefore be sure that the final bid will be a multiple of $1k. You may therefore want to revise your final bid price, Rick.

Me? I won’t be bidding, but I’m going for $36k.

It would be ironic (and could make for some interesting comments here after the auction) if two forum members are bidding against each other and push the price higher and higher. yikes

If you are intending to bid, don’t forget to set your maximum bid before the auction and stick to it. Oh and don’t forget, there’s a buyer’s premium to be paid on top of the winning bid.

Before my UK friends ask; no, the above was not gained from watching Flogit on day time TV. roll

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Wooders wrote:

In my experience of auctions for the sale of a lot at this estimated price the bids will probably move in increments of $500 within the guide price and $1k when it exceeds it. If the auctioneer is aware of keen interest in an item he or she will start the bidding at or very near the upper end of the guide price. We can therefore be sure that the final bid will be a multiple of $1k. You may therefore want to revise your final bid price, Rick.

Me? I won’t be bidding, but I’m going for $36k.

It would be ironic (and could make for some interesting comments here after the auction) if two forum members are bidding against each other and push the price higher and higher. yikes

If you are intending to bid, don’t forget to set your maximum bid before the auction and stick to it. Oh and don’t forget, there’s a buyer’s premium to be paid on top of the winning bid.

Before my UK friends ask; no, the above was not gained from watching Flogit on day time TV. roll

Phil

We'll get you dyed mahogony and call you 'David'!

I too hope Goldie goes to a good home.  I guess guitars need to be played rather than kept in a glass cage so I hope it doesn't go somewhere like the Hard Rock cafe. 

I know nothing about auctions, and rather less about guitars, but will play along and say it will go for ..... $28,500.

32,500 for me then to make it even.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

I hate to low ball it, but

$22,000.00 NPB_EST.1979
$24,500.00 Rocket
$27,000   Jane H.
$28,500  LynB
$29,999.99    pattyluvsjoe
$32004 samjp4
$32,500  RickB
$35,000 Michael
$36000 Wooders
$52,000 Mandi S.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

68 (edited by PathMan 2011-02-01 12:35:24)

Hey, I'm in!

$20,001.50   PathMan
$22,000.00   NPB_EST.1979
$24,500.00   Rocket
$27,000       Jane H.
$28,500       LynB
$29,999.99   pattyluvsjoe
$32004        samjp4
$32,500       RickB
$35,000       Michael
$36000        Wooders
$52,000       Mandi S

Change mine to $31,999 - don't want to go over ( and thanks a lot Rick for going so close over mine!  LOL)

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

samjp4 wrote:

Change mine to $31,999 - don't want to go over ( and thanks a lot Rick for going so close over mine!  LOL)

Sandy

I was closer before it was changed to round numbers.  wink

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Hi Jane, There were around 30 guitars and probably around 20 amps plus some other bits and pieces, eg a framed facsimile of the Beano comic from the Bluesbreakers LP presented to EC. The guitars ranged from a child sized sunburst Strat style guitar called a MiniMax given to EC by Barry Gibb with a guide price of $400-600 to some estimated to reach $20-30k. I'm not much into guitars, but I think most were pretty new as I believe most of EC's older guitars were sold long ago. I think there was a custom Strat made as a standby for the Cream Reunion concert included, which should fetch a good price. There were also replica Blackies and a very authentic looking replica Tele of Jeff Beck's guitar that he played in the Yardbird's. It really did look like it had the wear of a 50 year old guitar. I can't remember the guide price for this.

The amps were pretty knocked about as can be seen in my pics and estimated prices of these were mostly around $5-10k. I assume all pieces are sold as seen.

Sorry I can't remember much else but I just skimmed through most of the stuff on my way to Goldie.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Adding my two cents!

$20,001.50   PathMan
$22,000.00   NPB_EST.1979
$24,500.00   Rocket
$25,750       David A.
$27,000       Jane H.
$28,500       LynB
$29,999.99   pattyluvsjoe
$31,999       samjp4
$32,500       RickB