Re: You Tube Stars..

I use my Gibson Les Paul Studio and  Fender Super Champ XD and Champion 600 everywhere  big_smile Not that I have a choice...lol

I don't get the point of not using the amps if you are gigging, if its a great amp....it doesn't make complete sense to use them at home but not to play live?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLJzThYQwIc

With Springsteen.  I'm using a Fuchs ODS into a 2 x 12 Geezer Sound cab w G12-65's and a Geezer Sound cab w Vintage 30's.  Shoulda watched the vid before I posted.  I'm either playing a '92 PRS or a Dapra Bouron Burst '59 LP.  Let me know smile

Many more clips on youtube bootlegged from the audience.  Just search Bruce Springsteen and Joe Grushecky

Wow DannyG that must have been the thrill of a lifetime!

Gits: '03 Gibson Historic R7 Goldtop, '06 Gibson R8 Plaintop, MIJ '62 RI Strat,  and others...
Amps: '99 Marshall 1987x Plexi RI, 1969 Fender Super Reverb

My band: www.meanbones.com

DannyG wrote:

With Springsteen.  I'm using a Fuchs ODS into a 2 x 12 Geezer Sound cab w G12-65's and a Geezer Sound cab w Vintage 30's.  Shoulda watched the vid before I posted.  I'm either playing a '92 PRS or a Dapra Bouron Burst '59 LP.  Let me know smile

Many more clips on youtube bootlegged from the audience.  Just search Bruce Springsteen and Joe Grushecky

That's very cool. What's the story, how did that come about?

That was awesome....

DannyG wrote:

Didn't want to hijack a thread.  No intentions.  Sorry.

Bruce Springsteen and Joe Gushecky have been best friends since the early '80's.  Ian Hunter and Stevie Van Zandt were producing Joe's second record in NYC.  Stevie called his 'Boss' and said he should check this guy (Joe) out.  They immediately became close friends.  Shared much in common.  Bruce and Joe co-write a lot of material together..even have a complete record in the vault somewhere.  In'95 Bruce produced the Houserockers 'American Babylon' CD and subsequently toured as a Houserocker doing 18 dates.

I joined the Houserockers in 2006 when I met and played with Bruce for the first time.  We usually play together once or twice a year. Bruce actually appears on 4 tracks on our newest release  'East Carson Street'

After a rousing 2 hour and 45 minute set with us at the Paramount Theater in Asbury Park last January Bruce wanted to do a couple smaller theater dates to celebrate the 15th Anniversay of American Babylon.  We played two sell out shows in Pitsburgh on Nov 4 and 5th...most of which are on YouTube.  I hope to see Bruce again in January for annual Light of Day Benefit in Asbury Park.

It's certainly a thrill.  Bruce is a very cool, very down the earth and fun guy to hang with although he's not very interested in gear smile  He used two Deluxe Reverbs...one a backup.  Dimed!!  He uses a Bradshaw Boost and or a Fulldrive for solos and a Boss DD3 I think.  That and about 7 or 8 Teles.

By the way.  These were the shows that I was trying to get the Fuchs and the Marshall 2550 Jubi to work together.  I was trying to run the Fuchs into G12-65's and the Marshall into the Vintage 30's.  Without the proper switcher (try to find one in Pittsburgh!!  I didn't have time to order and check one out) they just wouldn't play well together.
So.  I opted to run both cabs with the Fuchs.  Amazing how Marshally the Vintage 30's made the Fuchs sound.  I charted out for our FOH engineer what cab to boost for solos...whether I wanted a Marshall vibe or the D/Fuchs thing.  Seemed to work well.  Sounded great onstage with 4 12's going.  G12-65's and Vintage 30's made a nice match

The Geezer Cabs are freakin' amazing cabs.

DannyG wrote:

Didn't want to hijack a thread.  No intentions.  Sorry.

Bruce Springsteen and Joe Gushecky have been best friends since the early '80's.  Ian Hunter and Stevie Van Zandt were producing Joe's second record in NYC.  Stevie called his 'Boss' and said he should check this guy (Joe) out.  They immediately became close friends.  Shared much in common.  Bruce and Joe co-write a lot of material together..even have a complete record in the vault somewhere.  In'95 Bruce produced the Houserockers 'American Babylon' CD and subsequently toured as a Houserocker doing 18 dates.

I joined the Houserockers in 2006 when I met and played with Bruce for the first time.  We usually play together once or twice a year. Bruce actually appears on 4 tracks on our newest release  'East Carson Street'

After a rousing 2 hour and 45 minute set with us at the Paramount Theater in Asbury Park last January Bruce wanted to do a couple smaller theater dates to celebrate the 15th Anniversay of American Babylon.  We played two sell out shows in Pitsburgh on Nov 4 and 5th...most of which are on YouTube.  I hope to see Bruce again in January for annual Light of Day Benefit in Asbury Park.

It's certainly a thrill.  Bruce is a very cool, very down the earth and fun guy to hang with although he's not very interested in gear smile  He used two Deluxe Reverbs...one a backup.  Dimed!!  He uses a Bradshaw Boost and or a Fulldrive for solos and a Boss DD3 I think.  That and about 7 or 8 Teles.

Great story, Thanks!

Awesome Danny!!!!!!!!!!!  Your're obviously a pro player, but I'm sure it still excites you to play with greats like Bruce.  Feel free to further elaborate on your experiences, I wouldn't take it in a conceded way, etc - just interesting.  Do you know Tommy Byrnes, guitar player for Billy Joel?

No.  Can't say I've crossed paths with him.  Tried to meet this guy named Joe Bonamassa once when he came through Pittsburgh though with no luck:)

T...I do know Pete Hewlett though very well who used to be a utility backup singer/guitarist with Billy Joel's band during the '80's.  Pete's from Pittsburgh.

Never met him, I'm close friends with Billy's Tour Manager and over the last 4-5 years I guess, when BJ tour comes to So Cal, I go hang with band (minus BJ) at Ritz Carlton and have drinks, talk gear, etc - great guys.  Last sound check I went to, while standing on stage in front of an empty 15k arena, Tommy's plexi sounded like a wall of sound- my hair on my arms stood tall..lol.  I'm hoping next time around, they'll throw me a guitar for a quick 2-3 minute jam at end of sound check - that would be a blast for me with that band.

i am not a professional musician but not because of not trying  big_smile   with that said....yes, my "rig" was about an $8000 rig and I took it everywhere I played....and still do although I dont play as often now.

i saw no point in making that investment in the equipment and then not using it.  yeh it' s made for some repairs, scuff marks and stress at times but I have really enjoyed having what I wanted at the time on the stage with me providing the tone I wanted.

There's no better feeling then hearing an open E or A ringing through several thousand watts of power tongue  Just the feel of that much thunder in your hands.  You sorta feel like Thor or something.

So true Danny...I would imagine..lol.  Occasionally, I'll turn up my 50-Watt OTS through two 1x12's for 2-minutes before my windows shadow and or neighbors come screaming..lol.......why I now resort to my new 20-watt TR Jet - at least I can get it close to it's sweet spot.

DannyG wrote:

No.  Can't say I've crossed paths with him.  Tried to meet this guy named Joe Bonamassa once when he came through Pittsburgh though with no luck:)

Who? Nope, never heard of this Bonamassa fellow.

big_smile

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Sorry..  This is the second time I ve tried this..  I was just up like all gear heads watching You-Tube video of boutique amps..  I noticed something troubling..  None of these so called amp " experts" actually used the amps on show days.  They were all in hotel rooms  ( aka amp shows) basements, studios, ect..  So I was thinking.. does anybody actually use these 5k plus amps on gigs?    I figured because Bonamassa gear freaks are way cooler than the gear page nay sayers I would start a thread for people posting photos, videos of your gear on a gig night.  That honestly is the only way to judge your equipment.. It doesn't have to be played at the enormo -dome or your local hockey arena.  just on a gig.. pub, club bbq, wedding, or soccer club.. anything goes.. just you all  playing live music.. 
Thanks.. Looking forward to your responses...
Joe B...  cool

No boutiques just one old 2203, one old twin reverb and one old jubilee, all halfstacks.  Club owners look at me funny when I walk in! As soon as I can get a motivated drummer I would be glad to youtube it,  had a bad run with drummers (3 ish) this year.  I thought singers were difficult!

Where the hell does one get a black-backed gold top anyway?

DannyG wrote:

There's no better feeling then hearing an open E or A ringing through several thousand watts of power tongue  Just the feel of that much thunder in your hands.  You sorta feel like Thor or something.

I know the feeling.  I get it every time I plug into my Super Lead in my 10x10 room.   roll  lol  lol  lol

Guitars: '79 LP Custom, '01 Dickey Betts Goldie - 80 of 114, '00 Chandler Lectraslide
Amps: '00 Marshall 1987x, '70 Marshall 1959 SL, 4x12 JBL D120s
'64 Vibroverb - JBL D130, '66 Super Reverb - CTS Alnicos
'77 Peavey Deuce (great for melting stubborn ear wax)