Topic: Traverse City, MI - Dennos Museum - Feb 2, 2007

Saw Joe last night playing at the Dennos Museum in Traverse City, Michigan.  What a performance.  In a word he is unbelievable, his guitar playing is at a level untouchable by most.  Joe’s acoustic guitar solo blew me away, very fast.  The venue was outstanding and since I had front row center seating I felt like Joe was playing in my living room.  The drum solo was great as well.  Joe was running at 110% last night, WOW!!!

2 (edited by Demonsterastratofixation 2007-02-03 12:17:35)

Re: Traverse City, MI - Dennos Museum - Feb 2, 2007

Nothing like a new member and their excitement! Welcome and flip us through the setlist if you can recall it....Since it's actually impossible to be running anything but the starship Enterprise above 100%, let me fill you in on a little secret about Joe Bonamassa-He SEEMS to be at 110% even when he's down in the weather, tired, hungry, his ax needs a little sharpening (not his guitar, shall we say the other one that needs grinding perhaps),got something itching the back of his mind, etc.  That acoustic soloing is certainly a Bonamassa Fide highlight of the shows! Glad you had an unbelievable WOW experience! Was there no Bass solo or did they not play the salute to "Spoonful"?

Re: Traverse City, MI - Dennos Museum - Feb 2, 2007

here is the setlist for this show :

just got paid
walk in my shadow
so many roads
mountain time
bridge to better days
new day yesterday > spoonful
miss you/hate you ( acoustic)
woke up dreaming ( acoustic )
joe solo electric >
the whole band jammin' >
had to cry today >drum solo > had to cry today > heart of the sunrise > starship trooper ( the wurm )
         encore :
asking around for you w/piano solo & bass solo

the show was very well played but the keyboard player needs to be turned up . the only time is was able to here him is when the rest of the band was real low and during his solo otherwise another kickass smokin' joe bonamassa show