73 (edited by t92780 2010-11-08 13:52:59)

Re: Perhaps the best Dumble tone? (my .02)

I've in the past used my Tweed Blues Jr with a T-Rex Replica up front as last pedal in line and had no real bad issues, though I use it for subtle effect.  I think other pedals before it can hurt it or not, etc, ..experiment a bit I guess.

Here's and old clip/noodle of mine with Blues Jr with Replica up front:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FMx3ISyqtM

EDIT: I believe the more you use Distortion, the more the problems exist with delays up front, but others can be more helpful on site.

74 (edited by aussiemeats 2010-11-09 10:54:13)

Good Day,

To Alexander....

SkipZ Circuits makes an internal Effects Loop Kit which I installed externally on my

77 Marshall JMP 800 50 watt combo

here's the site:

http://www.skipzcircuits.com/TBFX.html

it's USDLRS $60.00, Buffered Parallel kit. I wired mine in, and mounted the kit

in an external enclosure, so that if I ever decided to sell my JMP I could

convert it back to stock, with no residual damage to the amp.

The instructions are detailed, and in color, and you don't have to be able to read

a schematic to do the wiring. Skip was there by phone, and email for support

I was very happy with the results.

No matter what anybody tells you, An effects loop IS the way to run delay and Chorus

effects properly. They just don't sound the same running them upfront.

I'm pleased I modified my amp, it sounds great.

Check out SkipZ circuits.

He does make a kit for the Blues Jr.

Cheers

jgalvan8804 wrote:

Alan,
I didnt mean to be rude.  I made a pact to myself to not respond to Dumble Threads and that is exactly the reason. 
I'll try to be more polite on the forum, I have a great deal of respect for everyone here and I love posting here because its nice to be in the company of people who are really picky about getting a similar tone. 
Sorry for making the thread appear to be hostile.

My Bad...

-Jeremy

No worries Jeremy. Just making the point that you will lose your point even if you censor the words.
I'm English, I swear like a trooper in conversation, but for some reason it never translates well on the screen.

aussiemeats wrote:

Good Day,

To Alexander....

SkipZ Circuits makes an internal Effects Loop Kit which I installed externally on my

77 Marshall JMP 800 50 watt combo

here's the site:

http://www.skipzcircuits.com/TBFX.html

it's USDLRS $60.00, Buffered Parallel kit. I wired mine in, and mounted the kit

in an external enclosure, so that if I ever decided to sell my JMP I could

convert it back to stock, with no residual damage to the amp.

The instructions are detailed, and in color, and you don't have to be able to read

a schematic to do the wiring. Skip was there by phone, and email for support

I was very happy with the results.

No matter what anybody tells you, An effects loop IS the way to run delay and Chorus

effects properly. They just don't sound the same running them upfront.

I'm pleased I modified my amp, it sounds great.

Check out SkipZ circuits.

He does make a kit for the Blues Jr.

Cheers

Thanks so much man!  I will look into that asap.  It sounds like something I could do myself and cheap enough that it would be worth it to achieve a nice subtle delay.  I also just bought a ZenDrive 2 which should be a great addition to my tone.  I also got 50 wiring with the best pots and old oil and paper capacitors in both my Sheraton and my LP.  It was also a cheap fix that should make a huge difference.  Thanks for you help!

It's just a funny video - hopefully no one is too offended by it (well I guess TAG might be - I'm not sure who he is as I'm fairly new to TGP). TGP is great - it's a shame when people start taking ANYTHING too seriously - especially guitars and amps!

Big Mike wrote:
kevman13 wrote:

This should sum up all of this Dumble nonsense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_inwqzxLqmY

Still one of the funniest things I've seen.  lol

Problem is, it pigeonholes and cliche's the good TGP members, that arent blind sheep like that.

That's what drives me nuts. THe forum I put a lot of time into gets judged by a few people that get rabid over a certain topic.

Gits: '03 Gibson Historic R7 Goldtop, '06 Gibson R8 Plaintop, MIJ '62 RI Strat,  and others...
Amps: '99 Marshall 1987x Plexi RI, 1969 Fender Super Reverb

My band: www.meanbones.com

I haven't participated much since page 2 but here's hoping to pumping some new life into this thread:

My Ceriatone HRM100 dialed pretty much noon with a little verb and echo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8cWzKlx3mM

The amp is actually on it's way out if the new buyer holds up on his end  sad   BYE BYE Dumble......  sad   sad   sad

I still totally recommend this amp to anyone who plays guitar really, especially those curious to explore the wonderful World of Dumble on a budget.  If I get back into these type of amps I wonder if a Two Rock Custom Reverb Sig V1 or Carol Ann OD2-100 wouldn't scratch my Dumble itch better....

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

I thought that amp sounded good - why are you selling it? Don't tell me this is due to the upcoming marriage??  yikes

Gits: '03 Gibson Historic R7 Goldtop, '06 Gibson R8 Plaintop, MIJ '62 RI Strat,  and others...
Amps: '99 Marshall 1987x Plexi RI, 1969 Fender Super Reverb

My band: www.meanbones.com

80 (edited by Mac Daddy 2011-03-25 21:52:16)

Billion81 wrote:
jimmydweed wrote:

Am i the only person in the world who doen't particularly like the Dumble tone.

Likely not.

That said- how many have you heard? No doubt the Dumbles have there detractors and with good reason. Dumbles and TrainWrecks garner much drama on the forums.

There are around 6 major Dumble variants (circuits) and of those there are myriad different setups-

I happen to love certain circuits that are essentially staged/shared gain circuits based on some key ingredients.

You may not like this (Below) tone- but I think this tone is not what most think or hear in their head when they think Dumble . This is a Clone circuit based on a particular 90s era Dumble , El34 HRM circuit (#183 to be exact) but with a special Marshall Transformer set up.  A friend of mine built this for me.

Don't pay attention to the playing but the tone that this thing gets. Pardon the foul language but I was caught off guard at how this thing sounded. This is right out of the box, No loop or effects of any kind. Just a JB Les Paul straight in to the Head with a 2X12 cab with Eminence Delta Pros (Eminence version of EVM12L)

Again- perhaps not your cup of tea which is totally cool- but I thought this was a pretty sick tone and not at all like "typical" dumble tone....if there is such thing.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so … ID=9793799

On that note- It's understandable that Joe or anyone else who have a fairly defined D tone to think Peter's amp was a Fugazi. It was at low volume and set for a particularly thin tone so as not to swamp the mic on the recorder so the sound was pretty meek.

The Gear Page dudes can get really cukoo over stuff. I got roasted by a dude who went mental when I suggested that his recommended amp builder might just be human and not capable of "building anything you want".

Cool-

Hey Now
The Dumble in question #183, Is actually  a late 80's Non HRM Skyliner EL34

Here's a much better clip of what a Dumble is all about , From Clean , Boost , OD, OD Pab
Cheers

Demo Clip Played by Mr Scott Lerner

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/dumble/ … tLast2.mp3

Hey everyone, my name Sam and I'm new in this forum, but active in TGP, Rig-Talk and HRI. Peter Lerhe is my friend and I got the amp borrow, and of course I recorded the session smile The amp is a real deal and I tell the truth, I forgot to breathe when I hit first chord with my Fano JM6, so it was quite impressive ...

I can´t post any links in this thread, but you can find my clip with Lerche´s amp from YT, thanks ..

cheers

/sam

- tone is everything -