19 (edited by suhl 2011-04-17 08:04:48)

Re: Dave Osti -Gentlemans Blues Club

I finally got around to getting the acoustic cd.  I could only find it available for digital download despite searching high and low so I ended up getting it on itunes.  Excellent album.  The electric album is ok, but there are so many people out there playing that kind of thing that a lot of the albums have started running together for me.  The In the West album, on the other hand, is one of the best albums I've heard in a really long time.

As an aside I'd say my friend loves the Grooveyard album, and I probably would too had I not burned myself out listening to TONS of that stuff over the past several years

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCdNsm7gvu8

If wine and pills were hundred dollar bills
I might keep you satisfied

wow thanks for getting that in the west, yeah its only digital download for now ,one time i was at a small bar in the city of "Cool" California yes thats the name of the town...and a guy came out of the audience and played one of the songs from that album and he was missing a finger too he played it perfect and i was blown away, in some strange town someone had that record and actually learned one of my tunes and played it for me in person when i happened to be there, it doesn't get better than that for a song writer... I thank you again for listening to the folky stuff....
best regards...

suhl wrote:

I finally got around to getting the acoustic cd.  I could only find it available for digital download despite searching high and low so I ended up getting it on itunes.  Excellent album.  The electric album is ok, but there are so many people out there playing that kind of thing that a lot of the albums have started running together for me.  The In the West album, on the other hand, is one of the best albums I've heard in a really long time.

As an aside I'd say my friend loves the Grooveyard album, and I probably would too had I not burned myself out listening to TONS of that stuff over the past several years

Dirty D

21 (edited by Curby 2011-04-17 10:12:47)

The music of Dave Osti has always been close to me.  Towards the end of April 2008 when my wife was in an Indianapolis hospital with two ventilator tubes in her mouth it was the music on my iPod that got me through.  It was Dirty D's "The Thorn" that was on replay alot then.  I still get a lump in my throat listening to that song.  I've also listened to "Brother Ray" and "Walkin Dead" many times thinking about my estranged older brother, addicted and homeless in the City of Angels.  I'm no nine-fingered guitarist, but just like that guy we've both been touched by a troubadour named Osti and better off for it.

I am Honored deeply by your story of taking to heart something I have rendered in song, I just had a guitar student in the studio and he asked why Do I keep making music no matter what? then I showed him your last posting and said "thats why" its not about fame and cash...I am completly Honored Curby and hope you have peace always.

Curby wrote:

The music of Dave Osti has always been close to me.  Towards the end of April 2008 when my wife was in an Indianapolis hospital with two ventilator tubes in her mouth it was the music on my iPod that got me through.  It was Dirty D's "The Thorn" that was on replay alot then.  I still get a lump in my throat listening to that song.  I've also listened to "Brother Ray" and "Walkin Dead" many times thinking about my estranged older brother, addicted and homeless in the City of Angels.  I'm no nine-fingered guitarist, but just like that guy we've both been touched by a troubadour named Osti and better off for it.

Dirty D

Dirty D wrote:

I am Honored deeply by your story of taking to heart something I have rendered in song, I just had a guitar student in the studio and he asked why Do I keep making music no matter what? then I showed him your last posting and said "thats why" its not about fame and cash...I am completly Honored Curby and hope you have peace always.

Curby wrote:

Thanks Dave for that post.  It means alot to me and if "Trouble" is an indication of what's to come and GBC is getting back together then the future's bright for you.  Keep on truckin brother!

Dirty D wrote:

grooveyard gary whas, up...hahahaha...thanks for the cool plugs man...

gary wrote:

Dirty Dave!!!! If you are still around I just would like to say that I loved the Voodo Guitar cd!!!!! do love the whole amped up hendrixian guitar thing,cant get enough of it.I guess thats why I like Grooveyard records.I am not as much into the acoustic thing.Dont mind a track or two on a cd.Also loved the GBC disc as well.I was actually checking your site a while ago to see if you ever get to Chicago.I would love to see you live.I hope you keep in the electric blues rock world >Gary

Hey Dave keep up the good work>get a gig in Chicago!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Hi Gary, man I wish I could Tour but it cost so much to move a band around and I cant find an Agent in this day and age? I know i could make someone a profit somewhere, im finishing up new Grooveyard trax right now and hope they mix well in the end...

gary wrote:
Dirty D wrote:

gary wrote:

Dirty Dave!!!! If you are still around I just would like to say that I loved the Voodo Guitar cd!!!!! do love the whole amped up hendrixian guitar thing,cant get enough of it.I guess thats why I like Grooveyard records.I am not as much into the acoustic thing.Dont mind a track or two on a cd.Also loved the GBC disc as well.I was actually checking your site a while ago to see if you ever get to Chicago.I would love to see you live.I hope you keep in the electric blues rock world >Gary

Dirty D

Dirty D wrote:

Hi Gary, man I wish I could Tour but it cost so much to move a band around and I cant find an Agent in this day and age? I know i could make someone a profit somewhere, im finishing up new Grooveyard trax right now and hope they mix well in the end...

gary wrote:
Dirty D wrote:

Its a shame when someone as talanted as you and the GBC cant make a good living off touring.I know most of the blues rockers go to Europe.It drives me nuts that I cant see most of the bands I like in the 3rd largest market in the good ol USA

Your rock candy baby

suhl wrote:

Hey Suhl I think I will check out sound bites on the West albumn if they are available.I am not opposed to "broaden my horizons" a little. I guess I never get tired of amped up electric blues/blues rock.But I hear you in the fact that things can get stale.I do think there is still enough variety in the genre.Of course Joes the best example of that so far!

Your rock candy baby

Dirty D wrote:

gary wrote:
Dirty D wrote:

Any little tidbits you can part on what your doing for the new GYR trax?

Your rock candy baby

Dirty D wrote:

Speaking of which, whoever recorded/engineered/mixed Shotgun Wedding and Longhorn Honeymoon sure got it right. I haven't picked up Red, White and Blue yet (I know, my bad). But anyway, those are two of the CDs I always reach for when it's time to "Show off" the sound system in my truck  cool

Stu Craig wrote:
Dirty D wrote:

Speaking of which, whoever recorded/engineered/mixed Shotgun Wedding and Longhorn Honeymoon sure got it right. I haven't picked up Red, White and Blue yet (I know, my bad). But anyway, those are two of the CDs I always reach for when it's time to "Show off" the sound system in my truck  cool

If you ever take a road trip..........blast that mutha in CHi town lol

Your rock candy baby

Yeah Alan Mirkitani engineered that stuff Al has the good goods both playing and mixing and Mike stover produced

gary wrote:
Stu Craig wrote:
Dirty D wrote:

If you ever take a road trip..........blast that mutha in CHi town lol

Dirty D

Kevin Thanks so much for listening to the in the west cd, those songs bring me peace of mind against the angst of bluesy bar rooms, hahahaha in fact if you are familiar with the great "John Stewart"RIP he was much inspiration to that album cause we had become friends during that time ,I think he may have been the first person I played it for...

suhl wrote:

Dirty D

thanks stu, this board is really cool people and im glad you guys dont mind me hangin out in here...

Stu Craig wrote:

If only <G> could see this...he is the one who turned me on to Dave and GBC.

Welcome aboard Dave. Thrilled to see you on the board here, you've got many fans here, myself included.

Dirty D

I'm not familiar with him, I'll try to seek out some of his stuff.  You're a cool man Dave

Dirty D wrote:

Kevin Thanks so much for listening to the in the west cd, those songs bring me peace of mind against the angst of bluesy bar rooms, hahahaha in fact if you are familiar with the great "John Stewart"RIP he was much inspiration to that album cause we had become friends during that time ,I think he may have been the first person I played it for...

suhl wrote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCdNsm7gvu8

If wine and pills were hundred dollar bills
I might keep you satisfied

Just did a show this week at the Domestock 3 annual party, first time in my life I have been hit in the head by flying beachballs while jamming, then a helicopter came by and shined the spotlight on the crowd from only about 200 feet above...Fun Gig and Cool scenery, Nice people. will be back maybe next year.

Stu Craig wrote:

If only <G> could see this...he is the one who turned me on to Dave and GBC.

Welcome aboard Dave. Thrilled to see you on the board here, you've got many fans here, myself included.

Dirty D

Hi G. the GYR trax are basically Done, Just waiting on Mixing schedule from Texas to line up, should be out in July.

gary wrote:
Dirty D wrote:

gary wrote:

Any little tidbits you can part on what your doing for the new GYR trax?

Dirty D