Re: New Epiphones starting to appear?

It's always worth setting up a guitar if you intend on playing it IMHO. It will make the playing experience much better. And if you learn to do it yourself, you can apply it to all your guitars, save some money, and gain a bit of self satisfaction! Only exception might be the nut as that requires special care. But action adjustments are quite straight forward.

And its never too late for lessons. Book some! smile

Sjmckean wrote:

Very nice Jonomassa!  You were playing in A, was that a Mixolydian scale scale you were playing in E?  That was a nice contrast.  Good job.

Hi, thanks for all the nice comments. I very much appreciate that, and will put more on youtube sometime this week. The scale I was using was a combination of A natural minor, and A  blues minor. Nothing fancy really. smile

Has anybody in the UK received there JB Epiphone from Andertons Music Shop as yet? I ordered mine last October.

Well, one big update!
The replacement arrived today, and what a beauty. All in one piece no,cracks a couple of inperfections in the paint work nothing to worry about. sounds "fantastic" no frett buzz, pots pretty straight and even the COA looks better. All in all 100% better than the last one
Now I can settle down to some serious playing at last. With all thats gone on, and the thought of not owning one of these I must say a big thank you to DV247 for sorting it out.
Worry over! Grinning from ear to ear now  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Serial number 10101514381

bonamassafan wrote:

Well, one big update!
The replacement arrived today, and what a beauty. All in one piece no,cracks a couple of inperfections in the paint work nothing to worry about. sounds "fantastic" no frett buzz, pots pretty straight and even the COA looks better. All in all 100% better than the last one
Now I can settle down to some serious playing at last. With all thats gone on, and the thought of not owning one of these I must say a big thank you to DV247 for sorting it out.

Sweet, im so pleased you got one sorted out, i was actually scared when unpacking mine after id read your thread. these guitars are awesome in every way so its a privelage to actually own one.

Enjoy and keep rockin

Axes: Joe Bonamassa Epi LP, Gibson 50's Tribute Honeyburst, Epiphone Goldtop LP, Epiphone Black Beauty LP, Westfield 335, Rockinbetter 360, Vintage 50's Goldtop, Gould reverse Firebird and Squire Strat

Crowy79 wrote:
bonamassafan wrote:

Well, one big update!

Sweet, im so pleased you got one sorted out, i was actually scared when unpacking mine after id read your thread. these guitars are awesome in every way so its a privelage to actually own one.

Enjoy and keep rockin

Thanks crowy.
I must admit I was a tad nervous in opening the case again and you are so right in saying its a privelage.
Will enjoy and keep rocking

Cheers!

I guess I'm a litle confused.  Are these JB Epi's from the original lot of 1,000 made or have they made more?

Rockfarmer wrote:

I guess I'm a litle confused.  Are these JB Epi's from the original lot of 1,000 made or have they made more?

Hiya mate

These guitars are from the original 1000, they have just hit europe, so had quite a wait.

Axes: Joe Bonamassa Epi LP, Gibson 50's Tribute Honeyburst, Epiphone Goldtop LP, Epiphone Black Beauty LP, Westfield 335, Rockinbetter 360, Vintage 50's Goldtop, Gould reverse Firebird and Squire Strat

I'll reiterate....

....quite a wait!

In related news...

The award for understatement of the year goes to...

Crowy79. big_smile

Well done Crowy.
Here is your prize of a virtual banana flavoured Toffo and a bottle of warm strawberry Cresta. (There, that should date me!)

What The Fuzz ?!

568 (edited by PSmith1946 2011-07-13 06:05:51)

Just had mine set up at Reidys Blackburn. The neck had no relief whatsoever and a quick truss rod adjustment has sorted it from a superb guitar to a brilliant one. So Yorkiedav look forward to yours coming back sorted.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Good news.  Can't wait to get mine back.  Hopefully this weekend.

What The Fuzz ?!

YorkieDav wrote:

I'll reiterate....

....quite a wait!

In related news...

The award for understatement of the year goes to...

Crowy79. big_smile

Well done Crowy.
Here is your prize of a virtual banana flavoured Toffo and a bottle of warm strawberry Cresta. (There, that should date me!)

Wicked I never win anything lol, please tell me gibson arent in charge of shipping that  wink

PSmith1946 wrote:

Just had mine set up at Reidys Blackburn. The neck had no relief whatsoever and a quick truss rod adjustment has sorted it from a superb guitar to a brilliant one. So Yorkiedav look forward to yours coming back sorted.

Cool signature line.  I've never seen someone reference Leonard Cohen lyrics on here.  Nice.

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio Gold Top, 2010 Epi Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Gold Top, 2010 Epi Les Paul Standard '57 Gold Top, 2010 Epi Les Paul Standard Honey Burst (autographed by Joe Bonamassa), 2006 Epi Les Paul Classic Quilt top, 2004 Eric Clapton Strat, 1989 First wife

PSmith1946 wrote:

This may seem like a bit of a dumb question, but I've never actually had a guitar in for any work before, so is there any specific etiquette (for want of a better word) when picking it up again?

Just give it a quick visual once-over before leaving the shop, I assume.
Or do some folk give it a few un-plugged bars to make sure the feel is OK before leaving?
Would anyone ask to plug in and rock the shop to check tone specifics?

I'm curious.

What The Fuzz ?!

YorkieDav wrote:
PSmith1946 wrote:

This may seem like a bit of a dumb question, but I've never actually had a guitar in for any work before, so is there any specific etiquette (for want of a better word) when picking it up again?

Just give it a quick visual once-over before leaving the shop, I assume.
Or do some folk give it a few un-plugged bars to make sure the feel is OK before leaving?
Would anyone ask to plug in and rock the shop to check tone specifics?

I'm curious.

Better business demands FEEDBACK, so crank and yank!!!
or not if you want privacy and time to develop opinion on results...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Just in case anyone is still looking, Guitar Village have a JB Epi shown as one in stock, they also have the JB Gibson studio in stock. Hope it helps someone.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

There is one on eBay uk as well, if anyone is interested. Starts at £499.

There is also one in stock at Andertons Music in Guildford