Re: New Epiphones starting to appear?

PSmith1946 wrote:

Given the packaging and the case it would need a good bash to do that damage. Its a big joint to damage, was there anything on the case? You need to get onto Epiphone themselves about this.

The reply from Epiphone today.
Talk about passing the buck
Looks like a long fight to me? I don't give up that easily.

As far as we understand, Gibson shipped the guitar to the dealer after quality control check. As I mentioned, from your description seems to be transport damage (from dealer to the customer), in that case is not responsibility of Gibson-Epiphone. Hope you can understand our position.

Regards,

Marcelo Pineda

Customer Service

It is worth the fight. If you still have the boxes and case, lots of photos to prove no damage then ask them how this damage could possibly occur through  all these non damaged layers. Im sure they can't say there is a weakness in the area of the guitar, if that was the case we would all have the same problems.

As for the control knobs mine all sway and dance as you turn them. It looked to me like the caps themselves not bent pillars , but poor on such a good product in every other way

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

FAO Bonamassafan - Just rec'd an Epi today and it's got virtually identical damage to yours - a big crack in almost exactly the same place which actually then carries on down to the body.  No damage to any of the packaging - retailer claims that they check before despatch but there's also a small chunk of finish missing on the line of the crack which isn't in the case so I really think this is a Gibson quality control issue.  Haven't taken pics and reboxed to go back to the retailer but if you want me to get some pics to back up your fight let me know

3 pics posted on JBXP now - search for Another broken Epi - don't see how Gibson can just blame so many similar issues on the couriers

Mine's due to arrive tomorrow from Dawsons at last. I will be opening up very carefully and hoping it's in one piece

Trevj wrote:

FAO Bonamassafan - Just rec'd an Epi today and it's got virtually identical damage to yours - a big crack in almost exactly the same place which actually then carries on down to the body.  No damage to any of the packaging - retailer claims that they check before despatch but there's also a small chunk of finish missing on the line of the crack which isn't in the case so I really think this is a Gibson quality control issue.  Haven't taken pics and reboxed to go back to the retailer but if you want me to get some pics to back up your fight let me know

Thanks Trevj .
These photos will sure come in handy. your damage is even worse.
Do hope yours gets sorted quickly. Will stay in touch
Cheers!

The latest from Gibson,

I can understand your frustration, just lets the dealer contact us or our Sales department to discuss about this issue. As I asked you before, send me a couple of pictures to see the problem on the guitar please.

Regards,

Marcelo Pineda

Customer Service

Photos now sent including pics of all packageing and hard case.

The last Gibson message seems a lot more positive. Wonder how many complaints there have been?

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Jonamassa wrote:

If anyone wants to hear my new Epiphone in action, please follow the link below.

Liked that Jon, really nice indeed sir.

bonamassafan wrote:

The latest from Gibson,

I can understand your frustration, just lets the dealer contact us or our Sales department to discuss about this issue. As I asked you before, send me a couple of pictures to see the problem on the guitar please.

Regards,

Marcelo Pineda

Customer Service

Photos now sent including pics of all packageing and hard case.

Sounds like they are trying to help.  Definitely send in some photos.  Hopefully it'll work out.

conorb

Don't know if it's of any interest, but DV247 have listed the Bonamassa Epi as in stock
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/epiphone-j … aul--78113

Maybe a few people changed their mind, but might be a chance to grab one.

DandyDan wrote:

Don't know if it's of any interest, but DV247 have listed the Bonamassa Epi as in stock
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/epiphone-j … aul--78113

Maybe a few people changed their mind, but might be a chance to grab one.

Listed as discontinued now....

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Bit of good news at least - my mate who my broken one was destined for has managed to get this one from DV247.  Expecting delivery tomorrow so he's got everything crossed now !!  He doesn't post on here so I'll let you all now if it's thumbs up or down

Trevj wrote:

Bit of good news at least - my mate who my broken one was destined for has managed to get this one from DV247.  Expecting delivery tomorrow so he's got everything crossed now !!  He doesn't post on here so I'll let you all now if it's thumbs up or down

Good stuff. Hope its a good one. Maybe buy a lottery ticket too as he probably scored one of the last units available in the world!

If mine ever gets lost or stolen I'm simply going to have to buy something really expensive to match how good it plays and sounds...

537 (edited by Rocket 2011-07-06 06:34:26)

DandyDan wrote:
Trevj wrote:

Good stuff. Hope its a good one. Maybe buy a lottery ticket too as he probably scored one of the last units available in the world!

If mine ever gets lost or stolen I'm simply going to have to buy something really expensive to match how good it plays and sounds...

Well said, and dandy too, Dan! In this day and age, it is a mondoful feeling to guit a bargain!!! cool

Rock ON That Thang, & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Epi Goldtop, JB arrived today 7th July 2011 from Guitar Guitar who have been patient and helpful in dealing with my frustrations over the delay.  General good nick a few minor scuffs, it'll get a few more no doubt, vol and tone top hats a bit crooked, no warranty card but a certificate, lock straps and a cheapo cable........ going into the shop for a full set up and some 11's... first job dig out the Lemon Oil....

Initial play, wow, nice for the cash, the range in the pick ups is superb and if you didn't get one but have a decent Epi or similar it would be a worth while mod.... Is it a USA Custom Shop beater?... probably not, however will I cry when it picks up a few battle scars, nope... does it sound superb?...yes sir, it sure does......going through my Cornford Carrera

Serial Number 10111507817

other guitars:  Gibson LP Classic, Gibson 50's Studio Tribute, Gretsch Setzer, Highway Strat, Starfield USA Custom..

Hi every one

Received mine yesterday from Dawsons and after a few changes, like stealing a couple of pots of my other gold top to stop the uneven turning and a heavier set of strings the fret buzz seems to have disapeared.

Just spent the last two hours breaking it in and gotta admit it's in a league of it's own, the sound and playability are fantastic, I have a Les Paul 50's studio tribute and gotta say my Epi is as good if not better.

Also had a good luck over it and can't find any sign of scratches or knocks any where on it.

Hope every one else gets sorted out with them soon, and problems solved.

Axes: Joe Bonamassa Epi LP, Gibson 50's Tribute Honeyburst, Epiphone Goldtop LP, Epiphone Black Beauty LP, Westfield 335, Rockinbetter 360, Vintage 50's Goldtop, Gould reverse Firebird and Squire Strat

Crowy79 wrote:

Hi every one

Received mine yesterday from Dawsons and after a few changes, like stealing a couple of pots of my other gold top to stop the uneven turning and a heavier set of strings the fret buzz seems to have disapeared.

Just spent the last two hours breaking it in and gotta admit it's in a league of it's own, the sound and playability are fantastic, I have a Les Paul 50's studio tribute and gotta say my Epi is as good if not better.

Also had a good luck over it and can't find any sign of scratches or knocks any where on it.

Hope every one else gets sorted out with them soon, and problems solved.

Congratulations, I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a long time.

Post some pictures when you get a chance.

conorb