Re: New Epiphones starting to appear?

Thanks for the link Jane.

Here is the like to enter an win one, http://www.epiphone.com/free.asp

Helpful as always. Thanks Jane!

21 (edited by dave_5150 2010-12-04 08:24:42)

Not sure what these will be like as I've previously found Epiphone's to very hit and miss in terms of fit, finish and sound ..but given the price, specs and limited availability I've ordered one big_smile

The company had no idea on delivery dates to the UK  though.

The guitar is now up on the gibson website and there's nothing but bad comments about it. I really think people should stop complaining about something they havent seen in person let alone played. I doubt Joe would let out a guitar with his name on it that was sub par. Personally I can't wait to get mine as i know it will be a great guitar, now all it needs is a new friend (Bluesbreaker clone)

Guitars: Epiphone JBLP, Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Amps: Marshall Vintage Modern, 18 watt clone

Just like anything else you can get a good one or a bad one including the actual Gibson model guitars today.
The MAP price with Gibson USA pickups,hard case  and signed certificate is a good deal in todays market. 
A pro-set up on any guitar makes one hell of a difference....
I think these will sell out pretty fast...Good luck to all of those who get one in their hands !!!

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

You can read the idiotic and misinformed comments that jimmydweed refers to here.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

How can this be a bad guitar when Gibson have made the RoboFirebird?!

26 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2010-12-06 09:46:46)

People that aren't in the market for a new guitar need to STOP SHOPPING for one.
Meanwhile, I'll let them know when the Continuum Transfunctioner is up and running so I can charge loads of money to beam them back to 1959, where the "holy grail" guitars would be (gasp) new and not vintage.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Well, I am going to find out how good this axe is. Ordered one from Musician's Friend this weekend. They show availability at the end of December, but you know how that goes. It took 6 months to get the ES339 I ordered last year with the Santa discount! I don't think they wanted to send it to me and kept hoping I would cancel.

I know some put down ordering online, but I have done it several times and had great results. I can't afford the Gibson version so personally I am looking forward to the Epi.

I don't think Joe would let an inferior product bare his name and a good setup can cure many ills.  smile

Nothin' but the Blues

I've got one on order. I never thought i would as I don;t really need another les paul. I just wanted to try one with a 12" radius board and those burstbuckers. I'll have to wait and see how it comes out. Anyway, the nay sayers can have their opinion. I got mine for £499 and I think that is a pretty good deal for the guitar. I have had good and bad experience with epi's off the shelf but with a little time spent setting it up then they usually turn out to be good value.

Anyone know how easy it is to reshape an epi headstock to look like a gibson?

To reshape the headstock would be a task and a half,,,not even sure if it would come out right.
Changing out the neck for a Gibson one would cost hundreds of dollars,then you'd defeat the
whole pupose of buying a Epiphone guitar.

Guitars are meant to be played...some more than others.....

Joe said himself he wanted his models to be played and used and not stashed away on a shelf someplace.

Use it & enjoy it....:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

I gues the real endorsement is for Joe to play one on stage at some point. I have no doubt that this instrument will sound fantastic in Joe's hands but he has nothing to prove. What it would prove is that the tone hounds and snobs over at gibson are full of **## and that the guitar sounds great when played by someone who knows their way around the fretboard!

jimmydweed wrote:

The guitar is now up on the gibson website and there's nothing but bad comments about it. I really think people should stop complaining about something they havent seen in person let alone played. I doubt Joe would let out a guitar with his name on it that was sub par. Personally I can't wait to get mine as i know it will be a great guitar, now all it needs is a new friend (Bluesbreaker clone)

Gibson website comments, and in many cases forum participants, are quite negative on the company in general, and most of their products (unless it's the Les Paul Traditionals).  I find far too many people that post there to be immature and uninformed.  It's not really a reflection on the product or Joe.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

i figured that today was a good day to JOIN this forum (been reading for a long time) as I couldn't resist the urge to have one of those epi les pauls.
if anyone is interested i got a great price of $599 from Nick over at monmouth music in red bank, nj.  he ALWAYS slays everyone else if you're buying gibson or epi. . . .

anyway. . . should be about a month away.

five things made me buy this guitar (in no particular order)
1 - always wanted a gold top les paulish guitar.
2 - love burstbuckers.
3 - the price
4 - the phat neck
5 - the fact that joe appears to have an eye on production

meanwhile, joe - if you're reading.  .  . i dig your stuff a lot.  very inspirational.  i'm always turning people on to your stuff.  it's so easy.  even today. . . . odering from nick. . . and then teaching a guitar lesson.  just turn on the dutch national tv spot playing 'better days'. . . .ROCKING.  probably the first thing i'm going to go for on my new gold les paul once it's plugged it.  my voice leans a little closer to winwood, but sometimes i can go for that throaty soul thang in a big way.

peace - michaeljohn

Hey guys..
    Eish... Those Comments about the Epi JB model will wake you up in the morning..  I don't know why people feel the need to bad mouth something they have never seen or played.   My favorite quote is " Joe- corporate rock Whore who cant write a song -Bonamassa.  That was really lovely especially around the holidays.  So I felt the need to kind of set the record straight why we are doing these in the first place.  I wanted Kids and those who dont have 3999.00 to spend on a guitar to have a chance get a gold top similar to the ones I use everyday.  I have the prototype and its ace.  The guitars are like 699 street.  I spoke to Gibson about the amount of request for a more affordable model and they were nice enough at Gibson/Epiphone to do this.  I really stand by the quality of these things.  They play great and from the few I have seen are really consistent.  For those who take cheap shots at something they don't get or haven't seen.. I mean I think you are better than that really.. I wouldn't do that..  Mom and Dad raised me better. Why waste the cyber trees.. Just shhhhhhhh
Thanks
JB

34 (edited by YorkieDav 2010-12-08 03:41:31)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

(snip...).  I really stand by the quality of these things.  They play great and from the few I have seen are really consistent.  (...snip)

Y'see, this is why I've got one on order.

Why would Joe go to all the trouble of getting these things in our hands if the consensus is likely to be that they're only good for firewood? I know I wouldn't.
Not only is professional reputation at stake here, but I wouldn't want to have to sit down and sign 1000 certs of authenticity just to have a bunch of no-names heckling me from behind their laptops.

I don't know Joe, I've never met him, spoken to him or anything, but it is possible get a sense of the character of the bloke and his motivations, which is why I'll trust his judgement on this.  It's also why I won't be listening to any of the tripe being posted on the Gibson boards while no-one but Joe and a few people at Gibson/Epi have played them.

When mine arrives (when, Joe? When?), I'll make my own mind up, and then that is all the opinion that matters.

What The Fuzz ?!

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey guys..
    Eish... Those Comments about the Epi JB model will wake you up in the morning..  I don't know why people feel the need to bad mouth something they have never seen or played.   My favorite quote is " Joe- corporate rock Whore who cant write a song -Bonamassa.  That was really lovely especially around the holidays.  So I felt the need to kind of set the record straight why we are doing these in the first place.  I wanted Kids and those who dont have 3999.00 to spend on a guitar to have a chance get a gold top similar to the ones I use everyday.  I have the prototype and its ace.  The guitars are like 699 street.  I spoke to Gibson about the amount of request for a more affordable model and they were nice enough at Gibson/Epiphone to do this.  I really stand by the quality of these things.  They play great and from the few I have seen are really consistent.  For those who take cheap shots at something they don't get or haven't seen.. I mean I think you are better than that really.. I wouldn't do that..  Mom and Dad raised me better. Why waste the cyber trees.. Just shhhhhhhh
Thanks
JB

I want my epi now!

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey guys..
Thanks
JB

i guess it's hard not to read that stuff, eh?  easy for folks to tell you just to turn it off. . . .
so turn it off :-D
i'm one of those "kids" who doesn't have an extra few thousand to have a decent gibson.. . . let alone a gold-top.  i've got eight years on you joe (41 and 1/2) and it's music like yours that makes me feel like a young buck everyday.  thanks for going the extra mile on this product.  you're a good kid.  i'm on a bridge to better days.  how about you?  oh. . . also - check out the new marc ford.  beautiful stuff.  you two should jam sometime. . . .
peace - MJ