Re: New Epiphones starting to appear?

dknight16 wrote:

I understand a reasonable wait. But I ordered mine back on November 1st. That was 3 months ago and AMS is now adding another month to the total. This is ridiculous.

I think your best chance of getting one is gonna be MF or Guitar center. I'd put a order in with each, and return one.  If one is busted or damaged you still have one. Thats what I should have done in the first place and I would have mine. Damn fine guitar.

I ordered mine from Sweetwater the day they were announced.

I am still waiting. I was told "any day now".

sigh...

201 (edited by Spider 2011-01-27 15:10:43)

Anybody wants one NOW! call Troy at Wildwood Guitars. He has one in. It's a heavy at 9.19 lbs.

It's on the "just arrived" page.

dknight16 wrote:

I understand a reasonable wait. But I ordered mine back on November 1st. That was 3 months ago and AMS is now adding another month to the total. This is ridiculous.

You bet on the wrong horse.  I ordered mine on December 23 from MF when their arrival date was listed as December 31.  It actually shipped on December 30, and it was in my hands on January 4...

I don't know what others' experiences with MF have been like, but mine have always been exemplary.  On a limited-quantity item like this one, I would always pick MF first, as they are likeliest to get deliveries first (and have a larger shipment to boot)...

I truly feel for those who are still waiting, but I can tell you this much:  If the one you're waiting on is anything like mine, it will be worth the wait!   wink    Hang in there!

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:
dknight16 wrote:

You bet on the wrong horse.  I ordered mine on December 23 from MF when their arrival date was listed as December 31.  It actually shipped on December 30, and it was in my hands on January 4...

I don't know what others' experiences with MF have been like, but mine have always been exemplary.  On a limited-quantity item like this one, I would always pick MF first, as they are likeliest to get deliveries first (and have a larger shipment to boot)...

I truly feel for those who are still waiting, but I can tell you this much:  If the one you're waiting on is anything like mine, it will be worth the wait!   wink    Hang in there!

+1 on all that.
i got mine right after xmas in december. . . . only ordered it weeks or so before that.
and totally worth the wait.
no more les paul jones in this house. . . .this is the one i wanted

204 (edited by dknight16 2011-01-28 20:30:03)

Cancelled my AMS order and placed a new order with MF on Monday.  Tonight I see they have removed the Epi JB LP from the website.  No idea what that means, but I'm about worn out from all the drama.  Ready to say f*ck it.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Got some good news today. My local GC store called and said my guitar is on the way. Should be in next week. Guess mine was one of three ordered at that store. I cant wait to get my hands on it.

Also it couldn't come at a better time. Me and my friend are going to record some songs next week for a new cd to pass around trying to get a few gigs in our town.

Andrew Petty

206 (edited by Chuck 2011-01-30 07:55:31)

If I had an order in at AMS, I would let it stay.  The GC and MF sites have taken the JBLP off the available list and they say they are sold out.

AMS still says they can get it on thier site, they are sold out everywhere else as far as I can tell.

I got my order in just in time it would seem, shipping by 2/11 they say. smile

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

The youtube clips showing up of these guitars are mighty impressive sounding!

208 (edited by dknight16 2011-01-30 11:05:20)

Chuck wrote:

If I had an order in at AMS, I would let it stay.  The GC and MF sites have taken the JBLP off the available list and they say they are sold out.

AMS still says they can get it on thier site, they are sold out everywhere else as far as I can tell.

I got my order in just in time it would seem, shipping by 2/11 they say. smile

For your sake I hope you are right. Customer service at AMS told me they were having trouble getting a commitment from Epiphone, could not vouch for any shipping date, and in fact, could not assure me that they would ever be getting any!  I cancelled my AMS order for 2 and switched over to MF since they were at least shipping units.  My son is going to be very disappointed if this all goes to hell.  Me too I guess.  We've been anticipating this guitar since May(?) or whenever the news first broke.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

I spoke to the guys at PMT in Southend on Saturday and they have been told that there are some JB Epi's at Gibon QC in Europe, so that being the case, they should hit the stores within the next 14-21 days, so therefore end of ebruary at the earliest.

Watch this space!!!!

Have Fun and laugh like it's your first time! You never know you might get to like it! big_smile

GC said that they have a shipment date of 2/11/11 to fill the remaining orders that they have (16) i'm not sure if thats for just GC or GC and MF. i still have my order in with GC just have to wait until 2/11/11 and see if they come thru.

I got a call Friday from my local GC store saying my guitar has been shipped(along with two others to the same store). Hopefully sometime this week I will have a few pictures to post with the guitar in my hands.

Andrew Petty

Petty wrote:

I got a call Friday from my local GC store saying my guitar has been shipped(along with two others to the same store). Hopefully sometime this week I will have a few pictures to post with the guitar in my hands.

When did you order yours, i ordered my on the 11th of Jan, and they still say 2/11/11 for shipment

Josh J wrote:
Petty wrote:

When did you order yours, i ordered my on the 11th of Jan, and they still say 2/11/11 for shipment

Way back in late November or early December.

Andrew Petty

Well the drama is finally over for me.  Motor City Guitar had two when I went in today at lunch, and I purchased them.  I also cancelled the ones I had on order from MF, so maybe that helps someone else out.  I understand that this was a limited edition instrument, and am very grateful for Joe's part in making this happen.  But this was anything but a rewarding experience.  I've learned not to bet on the smaller Internet dealers.  Which is bad for them, but getting left empty handed is just not acceptable.  I think i am going to wait awhile before I take it out of the case and play it.  I need time to get the slightly sour taste out of my mouth.  Not how I wanted this experience to be.

dknight16 wrote:

Well the drama is finally over for me.  Motor City Guitar had two when I went in today at lunch, and I purchased them.  I also cancelled the ones I had on order from MF, so maybe that helps someone else out.  I understand that this was a limited edition instrument, and am very grateful for Joe's part in making this happen.  But this was anything but a rewarding experience.  I've learned not to bet on the smaller Internet dealers.  Which is bad for them, but getting left empty handed is just not acceptable.  I think i am going to wait awhile before I take it out of the case and play it.  I need time to get the slightly sour taste out of my mouth.  Not how I wanted this experience to be.

I think you'll find they were worth the wait DKnight!  Enjoy!

dknight16 wrote:

getting left empty handed is just not acceptable.

When they're only going to make X number of a thing, people will inevitably be left empty-handed.  That is the whole point of a Limited Edition.  Since you bought two, that's at least one person less who will get to enjoy one...

I need time to get the slightly sour taste out of my mouth.  Not how I wanted this experience to be.

Events are what they are.  How we feel about them is up to us.  It is, after all, just a guitar (albeit a really nice one).  Life is too short to waste even a few minutes feeling upset about something that, in the end, turned out just fine (for you)...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO