Re: New Epiphones starting to appear?

Any sightings in the uk yet?

Don't think any have been shipped from online retailers to the UK or Ireland yet, but there is one on display in Waltons, Dublin. Mines still due to arrive on the 30th.

Guitars: Epiphone JBLP, Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Amps: Marshall Vintage Modern, 18 watt clone

Musician's Friend is still showing them as available on February 1. Don't know how accurate that will be but it might be worth checking out for those of you still trying to order one.

As I said before, GC and MF are the same company, but I have no idea how their inventorys work. They may be separate (likely) or not.

I personally have had issues with GC before, but no problems at all with MF. Might be worth checking out.

If these are indeed limited to 1000 pieces (as stated by Epiphone/Gibson) they will sell out. It's just a matter of time if they haven't already.

Nothin' but the Blues

I talked to GC custmer service last night, they stated that the have 16 orders to still fill in the US and that they have a shipment due in on the 1st of feb that would cover the backorders, she could not tell me how many are due in on the 1st, so there might be a few still left that are not claimed yet. but who knows, So i left my order as it is and if i get one in feb. then they will bill me, if not i get a refund. Thats about all anyone can do right now. Hope this info helps anyone out there.

Hello!!!

this to confirm no epiphone bonamassa in Italy yet!

I preorder it to the third Gibson dealer in Europe in november, but untill now he don't know shipment data...he say probably because the gibson/epiphone company is busy to the Namm...

He say 300 of 1000 guitar are desitinated to Europe market....I hope one of them could be mine!   tongue

I don't know how reliable this is, but just happened to notice on ebay.  For those of you still looking, you might be able to get a good buy on this.  I figured it wouldn't be long before people started selling them on there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Joe-Bonama … 19c2685b2c

In a chat with AMS customer service today, I was given a forecast ship date of 1/20/11 (Thursday). He stressed it was not a guarantee. So we'll see.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

188 (edited by YorkieDav 2011-01-18 06:58:27)

Lastest sitrep from DV247 in the UK...

Dear Sir / Madam,

We always endeavour to keep as many Gibson/Epiphone & Kramer items in stock as possible, but due to the very high demand currently being experienced for these items, there is a prolonged delay with some products.

Gibson/Epiphone have informed us that this affects the item you have ordered, and they are unable to give us a date when they may be able to supply at this point.

We really value your order and can assure you that your order is progressing through the manufacturing process. Once it reaches Gibson Europe we will have a more accurate estimate of when to expect it. We are in daily contact with Gibson so we will keep you up to date with any new information as we receive it.

Please feel free to contact us directly if you would to discuss your order further.

Option 1
Obviously we are very happy for you to leave your order in place and we will dispatch the goods to you as soon as they arrive with us. (We will send you a shipment email on the day of dispatch. Please expect a DPD delivery between 9am & 5pm on the day following the shipment date (Weekdays and UK only).
Option 2
You can leave the order in place; we can refund your card and then contact you again when the goods arrive. At this point we would have to manually re-process the payment by telephone.
EU CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING FOR OPTIONS 2 AND 3:
9. Why doesn't the charge in Euros or Dollars match the amount charged to my card?
If you have chosen to display the price online in Euros or US Dollars you will be charged and invoiced in UK pounds sterling as we do not accept foreign currency (as stated during the checkout).
At the point of payment, your card issuing bank will convert the amount paid in UK pounds to Euros / US Dollars using their current exchange rate. Please bear in mind our EURO / US Dollar display is a guide and that your bank exchange rate may be different to our online display which will reflect on your card statement.
Option 3
We will of course if you so wish, cancel your order completely, refund your card and sincerely hope that we can be of service to you again in the future.
Should you choose either Option 1 or 2 we will continue to monitor your order and keep you advised of any changes to the Estimated Time of Arrival.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.
Kind regards
Internet Customer Services
Digital Village

Dammit!

Come on Epi, pull yer finger out and get the things shipped over here.
DV247 have had my (wife's) money for over 2 months now and have no doubt trousered the interest on it (about thruppence-ha'penny, I reckon)
Of course, Option 3 above isn't really an option at all.

What The Fuzz ?!

YorkieDav wrote:

Lastest sitrep from DV247 in the UK...

Dear Sir / Madam,

We always endeavour to keep as many Gibson/Epiphone & Kramer items in stock as possible, but due to the very high demand currently being experienced for these items, there is a prolonged delay with some products.

Gibson/Epiphone have informed us that this affects the item you have ordered, and they are unable to give us a date when they may be able to supply at this point.

We really value your order and can assure you that your order is progressing through the manufacturing process. Once it reaches Gibson Europe we will have a more accurate estimate of when to expect it. We are in daily contact with Gibson so we will keep you up to date with any new information as we receive it.

Please feel free to contact us directly if you would to discuss your order further.

Option 1
Obviously we are very happy for you to leave your order in place and we will dispatch the goods to you as soon as they arrive with us. (We will send you a shipment email on the day of dispatch. Please expect a DPD delivery between 9am & 5pm on the day following the shipment date (Weekdays and UK only).
Option 2
You can leave the order in place; we can refund your card and then contact you again when the goods arrive. At this point we would have to manually re-process the payment by telephone.
EU CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING FOR OPTIONS 2 AND 3:
9. Why doesn't the charge in Euros or Dollars match the amount charged to my card?
If you have chosen to display the price online in Euros or US Dollars you will be charged and invoiced in UK pounds sterling as we do not accept foreign currency (as stated during the checkout).
At the point of payment, your card issuing bank will convert the amount paid in UK pounds to Euros / US Dollars using their current exchange rate. Please bear in mind our EURO / US Dollar display is a guide and that your bank exchange rate may be different to our online display which will reflect on your card statement.
Option 3
We will of course if you so wish, cancel your order completely, refund your card and sincerely hope that we can be of service to you again in the future.
Should you choose either Option 1 or 2 we will continue to monitor your order and keep you advised of any changes to the Estimated Time of Arrival.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.
Kind regards
Internet Customer Services
Digital Village

Dammit!

If you could can you keep us updated on this. I ordered through Andertons music in England and all they can tell me is that Gibson wont tell them anything, so at least these guys seem a bit more useful!

Mark,

Of course I'll keep passing on the updates.
To be fair to DV247, they're in a bad position as they're not the problem here. They have been really good passing on what little they know, so top marks to them.

What The Fuzz ?!

YorkieDav wrote:

Mark,

To be fair to DV247, they're in a bad position as they're not the problem here. They have been really good passing on what little they know, so top marks to them.

It's the same with Andertons, they can't do anything about it but (naturally) im eager to find out when it'll be arriving. I emailed them last week and they couldnt tell me anything so I dont want to pester them too much if theyre as much in the dark as me.
Cheers for the updates. We'll get the guitars...one day!

markjwiggins wrote:
YorkieDav wrote:

Mark,

It's the same with Andertons, they can't do anything about it but (naturally) im eager to find out when it'll be arriving. I emailed them last week and they couldnt tell me anything so I dont want to pester them too much if theyre as much in the dark as me.
Cheers for the updates. We'll get the guitars...one day!

I'm waiting for one from nevada music. They are saying the same. All we can do is take Jim Morrison's advice from Wayne's World 2.
"If you book them, they will come"

took my les paul to world-renowned luthier david petillo yesterday.
he cleaned the fingerboard and re-oiled it (it was NASTY)
then he did a 'proper' job polishing the frets and put a set of petillo strings on it. . . .
. . . and perfected the intonation

anyway, the only niggle he/we could come up with is that the NUT is a bit tall. .  . . . basically makes the f a bit sharp. 
i'll head back when i get a chance and he'll make it right as rain. . .

great guitar
great price.

you'd be hard-pressed to find another guitar with these specs at this price. . .

color me happy

Jb has to update his website newsletter that says pepiphone instead Epiphone  smile

Rafke182 wrote:

Jb has to update his website newsletter that says pepiphone instead Epiphone  smile

Just got off the phone with Musicians Friend and my delivery date has been moved back to 11 Feb 2010. This really sucks as the first one I had came in with a cracked neck at the heel. Great guitar, the wait is killing me as I had a chance to play the first one..

196 (edited by dknight16 2011-01-24 19:50:27)

Ugh. AMS moved their ship date back again (now Feb 28th) so I did the customer service chat session.  They say they are having trouble getting any in and are "working with Epiphone".  So now they can't guarantee they are going to get any.  WTF?  Should I just cancel and get in line at Musicians Friend?

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Ordered 3 days ago from GAK in the UK, stating a 2-3 week wait. Since had an email to say it'll be March or April before the guitar is in stock! I'm hoping the difficulty in getting hold of one of these guitars means they'll be mega-awesome!

I understand a reasonable wait. But I ordered mine back on November 1st. That was 3 months ago and AMS is now adding another month to the total. This is ridiculous.