Re: Ryan McGarvey

Amsterhammer wrote:

Since Bibi will not be going by motorcycle, I have eagerly accepted her kind offer to accompany her to Belgium on Saturday, so that we can see Ryan one more time! big_smile

It would have been more fun to see pix of you on the back of her bike!

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Amsterhammer wrote:

Since Bibi will not be going by motorcycle, I have eagerly accepted her kind offer to accompany her to Belgium on Saturday, so that we can see Ryan one more time! big_smile

Hey yeah yeah, one more time.

Stunning gig yesterday at the "Schwarzer Adler" in Rheinberg.
A crowd of about 100 people attended the gig and some came to see the band again and brought some other people with them. When I looked around from time to time I saw sunshiny faces.
The atmosphere was great and the audience cheered frenetically between the songs and the end of the gig.
The "black eagle" got some wings.

CU in Belgium.

Hey yeah yeah

Blues Sissi wrote:

CU in Belgium.

Hey yeah yeah

Ah, you can't resist coming along again! big_smile I understand, I would have liked to see him more than 'only' three times.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Several films from last night will be going up this afternoon, though I suffered a major bummer at the end of the show. sad

I had asked Ryan to play Hey Joe so that I could film his version, and he kindly agreed. His first encore was a 20m + !! version of Prove Myself, which I filmed, and which then morphed into Hey Joe. I stopped, and re-started filming, but after around seven minutes of Hey Joe my little camera simply seized up and stopped. I could only get it going again by removing the battery, after which I discovered that Hey Joe was lost....nothing, nada, zip.... sad

That'll have to be the first project the next time I get to see Ryan play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSPFfV3ihl4

RIP Iron Man

Another magic night yesterday night in Belgium.
The band is getting better and better and about 120 people came to see them and they had no idea what happened with them.
But I know that they are addicted and that they will not forget the night.

And one more time.
Time for another joyride but also time to say goodbye to Ryan & band.

Hey yeah yeah

A true McGarveyglut there. I saw his posts and he was thrilled at the response. That was a marathon run. George, I now carry a spare battery and time my shooting to replace it before the last gasp hits. Hard lesson learned here too.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Any McGarvey fans have any news on a new cd perhaps? I need more from this guy...First disc was so good....

Murfdog

murfdog wrote:

Any McGarvey fans have any news on a new cd perhaps? I need more from this guy...First disc was so good....

His first CD is so good but it's nothing compared with a live experience. I'm totally lost and still dreaming.
He blew me away 6 times. Every time I thought that this show could hardly be topped ... but they did it every time.
Yesterday I had once again tears in my eyes when he played "Hey Jimi" and he also announced a song from the new album that was absolute wonderful. He also played a number of slide songs  ... Wow. And the encore was an endless funky song where I could only shake my head in absolute disbelief. In Germany we say: absolut grosses Kino. Ryan & band rocked the house.

And now to your question, the chances that we will get a new album end of this year are not bad :-)
And they will come back to Europe in fall. :-)

Now that they are on their way home I'll get some sleep. I'm happy but so tired.

Blues Sissi wrote:
murfdog wrote:

His first CD is so good but it's nothing compared with a live experience. I'm totally lost and still dreaming.
He blew me away 6 times. Every time I thought that this show could hardly be topped ... but they did it every time.
Yesterday I had once again tears in my eyes when he played "Hey Jimi" and he also announced a song from the new album that was absolute wonderful. He also played a number of slide songs  ... Wow. And the encore was an endless funky song where I could only shake my head in absolute disbelief. In Germany we say: absolut grosses Kino. Ryan & band rocked the house.

And now to your question, the chances that we will get a new album end of this year are not bad :-)

Now that they are on their way home I'll get some sleep. I'm happy but so tired.

I take it Ryan made quite an impression on you???!!!   lol lol lol

Rock ON with the Ry-lights & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I can't remember the last time that I came home welcomed by some early birds in my garden tweeting "Hello good morning how are you?". After bringing Hammer home I had to take a detour because  they blocked the highway. Got to sleep at 5 in the morning. Very eager to go to see Ryan play the next evening too though! Wow, wow, and wow! Impressive! He got the full attention af the audience!
I heard there've been ppl from the cd company in the audience. No doubt they've noticed this guy is truly a talent. I so hope he gets his cd-deal! Seen him 4 times. Sissy wins hahaha, but the winning couple of fans has seen Ryan 7 times this tour!!!

Rocket - I think it's fair to say that Ryan made a HUGE impression on all who were lucky (and smart) enough to attend. I 'only' saw him three times in a week and wish it had been more. 'We' all agreed on FB that nobody, really nobody at all, had made such an impression on us since our Bonabaptisms. That wasn't just one or the other of 'us', but quite literally every single one of us!!!

Ryan's dad told me that the next two cds, one electric, one acoustic, are already in the bag, and that they also have most of the tracks for the one after these two! Yes, there are labels sniffing around, there is serious interest! I think that the huge success of this first European Tour will probably be the kick-start that was needed to get this ball rolling properly. Joe's European label, Provogue, is also interested and they went to see Ryan play. I would be very surprised if we didn't get a new cd this year! cool big_smile

Like Joe though, no cd can do this boy justice! If he is playing anywhere remotely near you, please do not hesitate to go and support him.

Ryan is a major, major talent, and a real nice guy to boot. (Where have we heard that before?)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/862/dscn0014l.jpg/

RIP Iron Man

Amsterhammer wrote:

Rocket - I think it's fair to say that Ryan made a HUGE impression on all who were lucky (and smart) enough to attend. I 'only' saw him three times in a week and wish it had been more. 'We' all agreed on FB that nobody, really nobody at all, had made such an impression on us since our Bonabaptisms. That wasn't just one or the other of 'us', but quite literally every single one of us!!!

Ryan's dad told me that the next two cds, one electric, one acoustic, are already in the bag, and that they also have most of the tracks for the one after these two! Yes, there are labels sniffing around, there is serious interest! I think that the huge success of this first European Tour will probably be the kick-start that was needed to get this ball rolling properly. Joe's European label, Provogue, is also interested and they went to see Ryan play. I would be very surprised if we didn't get a new cd this year! cool big_smile

Like Joe though, no cd can do this boy justice! If he is playing anywhere remotely near you, please do not hesitate to go and support him.

Ryan is a major, major talent, and a real nice guy to boot. (Where have we heard that before?)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/862/dscn0014l.jpg/

Somewhere we have heard something akin to that...hmmm, thought I had it memorized...
Anyway, it only stands to reason, given the friendship and similarities, including their so very welcome, thank you very much affability.  And their circles, and ours, continue to swell...friends.
Yes, a prerequisite-be a giver, live some blues.

Rock ON & Keep the Peace & Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Hahaaaaaaaaah glad I told you to wear your bluescowboyhat! I like this picture very much!

Sweet! This guy is definitely Joe inspired...I just wish he's play somewhere other than New Mexico and Europe...How about some northwest dates Ryan...throw us abone.

Blues Sissi wrote:
murfdog wrote:

Murfdog

WARNING. One bone is not enough!

The guys were so nice. That shot was made at about 1:30 am or later, Ryan played more than 3 hours, his shirt was wet all over but he had all time of the world for fans.
Cowboyhat is sweet ;-)

murfdog wrote:

Sweet! This guy is definitely Joe inspired...I just wish he's play somewhere other than New Mexico and Europe...How about some northwest dates Ryan...throw us abone.

Blues Sissi wrote:
murfdog wrote:

Ryan come baaaaack!!!!

I had a chance to interview Ryan for a podcast on Blues Rock Review. We discuss when to expect his new album, his recent tour of Europe, experiencing Eric Clapton's Crossroads and other topics. I hope you enjoy!

Ryan McGarvey Interview Podcast

Pete

BRR20 wrote:

I had a chance to interview Ryan for a podcast on Blues Rock Review. We discuss when to expect his new album, his recent tour of Europe, experiencing Eric Clapton's Crossroads and other topics. I hope you enjoy!

Ryan McGarvey Interview Podcast

Pete

lol My November is blocked. I'm ready to rock again with Ryan lol
YEAH: One album is waiting to come out. Ryan already mentioned that he has some songs in stock and I can't wait to put my hands on another CD. lol  lol  lol

Great podcast. Thank you Pete for posting it.
cool