Re: Welcome back Aynsley Lister!!!

Icon wrote:
Blues Sissi wrote:

I will miss Midus and I don't know whether I like Aynsley's business man dress.
But as long as I can wear my jeans ... I don't have a real problem with Aynsley's outfit.
2 days lol

LOL - Casual dress was order of the day again when I saw them last Monday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42034502@N … 0664/show/

Enjoy Eva!

Ian

Can't wait

38 (edited by BansheeUK 2012-04-30 08:13:40)

New show for Aynsley just announced:- Lakeland Live at Lane Farm, Crooklands, Cumbria. (Just a touch south of Kendal.)  May 26th.

10cc headlining, Aynsley supporting & Picasso Brothers opening. Gates open at 5pm, kicks off at 6pm.

Break out the wellies!!!

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Some clips of Aynsley & band (Andre, Paul & Steve), Nurmburg Wed 25th April.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qq_jaWSriQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxJsddf8i1E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNLCPPtRDM

I was at the Blue Monday 23th April 2012 in Muddy's Club in Weinheim /Bergstraße (a hot place  for hot  music!). I knew Aynsley from his Pilgrimage Tour 2006 with Ian Parker and Erja Lyttinen to Memphis and Tennessee (RUF Records). The concert was phantastic with Steve Amadeo on the bass, great.

Sorry,it's late in the evening: Muddy's Club - A COOL Place for HOT Music ...

42 (edited by BansheeUK 2012-05-24 04:41:17)

Aynsley's got some summer dates up and running, these include a couple of his solo gigs as well as a duo (with Andre bassing?). There are also dates going right through until December with the hint that there may well be a new album on offer, depending how well recording goes through July.

Jun 02 Nl Amersfoort Highlands Festival 
Jun 04 Wellingborough Diamond Games - Special Event - Solo/Duo
Jun 16 Pontypool Borough Blues Club - Solo
Jun 21 Farnham The Maltings
Jun 23 Southampton The Brook
Jun 28 Billericay New Crawdaddy Blues Club
Jun 29 Bilston Robin 2
Jun 30 Sheffield The Greystones
Jul 24 Battle Mrs Yarrington's Music Club - Solo
Jul 25 IGF Guitar Festival and Summer School, Bath
Blues Academy 2012 with special guests Matt Schofield and Chris Eaton - Tuition

Aug 02 CH Brienz Brienzersee Rockfestival
Sept 07 Wimborne Tivoli Theatre
Sept 16 Nottingham Glee Club
Oct 08 CH Pratteln Galery
Oct 09 Rankweil Altes Kino
Oct 10 CH Rubigen Muhle Hunziken
Oct 11 CH  Sempach Bierhaus
Oct 12 CH Pontresina Voices on Top Festival
Nov 09 Nottingham - SOLD OUT Lowdham
Nov 23 York The Duchess
Nov 30 Newcastle The Cluny
Dec 02 Edinburgh The Caves
Dec 05 Bristol The Tunnels
Dec 11 Scarborough The Blues Club
Dec14 Leicester The Musician
Dec15 DerbyFlowerpot

It's been announced that after 4 very happy years, Midus is stepping down as bass player in Aynsley's band. She has been away over the winter, re-couperating from surgery and has decided the time is right to move on to other projects.

Taking over on a permanent basis is long-time Ian Parker sideman Steve Amadeo. Steve has been covering for Midus over the last few months and has been invited to take over permanently. Apparently, Steve was previously with Aynsley for a time, about 10 years ago.

So, big hello to Steve and very best wishes follow Midus for the future.

Mike

Even though he's in the studio over the summer, Aynsley will be poking his head out for some fresh air:-

Jul 20 (UK)  IGF Guitar Festival and Summer School, Bath
Blues Academy 2012 with special guests Matt Schofield and Chris Eaton  (Tuition)

Jul31 (UK) Battle Mrs Yarrington's Music Club (Solo)

Aug 02 (CH) Brienz Brienzersee Rockfestival

Then the Autumn/Winter tour kicks off at Wimborne Tivoli on Sept 7th.

Mike

Better (a little) late than never; from Gary Grainger of Bishop FM...

"Aynsley Lister live on the Blues Show on BishopFM Sept. 2nd

I’m really looking forward to this session on my show. Ainsley will be picking all of the music for the show and will also play an acoustic set. We’ll be having a chat too.
How to hear the show:

The show goes out live from 6-8pm on Sunday Sept. 2nd:

In the local area (10-15 miles around Bishop Auckland) the show can be heard on 105.9BishopFM
Online we can be heard by going to http://www.bishopfm.com and click on Listen Live (top right hand side of the screen) - we have a server limit of, I think, 100 which means that only that number of people can listen online at any one time. Once we get near to that limit, you’ll experience buffering etc.

Another way to listen live - on your smartphone, download an app called Tune In and search for BishopFM - a lot of people listen around the world using this app.

After the event there are several other ways to hear the show - It will be repeated on BishopFM.com on Wednesday 5th Sept at 11.00pm

On Monday Sept 3rd the show will go out on Kansas City Online Radio at midnight UK time - and twice more during the week.

During the week following the live broadcast, i’ll put the show online at my blog: http://thumbrella.blogspot.com with a link to stream or downoad the show.

I hope this helps - if anybody has any questions please get in touch - and during the show, please send any messages to studio@bishopfm.com"

On the 7th September, Aynsley kicks off his Autumn/Winter UK/Europe tour for 2012:-
Sep07 Wimborne Tivoli Theatre
Sep16 Nottingham Glee Club
Sep18 Chislehurst Beaverwood
Sep 19 Bracknell The Cellar Bar - Solo
Sep 30 MiddlesbroughThe Empire (Mitch Laddie Trio & Tom Atkinson Band supporting)
Oct 05 Shildon Shildon Civic Hall - Tom Atkinson Band supporting
Oct 08 Pratteln CH Galery
Oct 09 AT Rankweil Altes Kino
10 CH Rubigen Muhle Hunziken
Oct 11 CH Sempach Bierhaus 
Oct 12 CH Pontresina Voices on Top Festival
Oct 13 AT St. Michael Nothwirt
Nov09 Nottingham - SOLD OUT Lowdham 
Nov 10 Sutton Boom Boom 
Nov 16 Immingham, Immingham Golf Club Solo/Duo
Nov 22 Bilston Robin 2
Nov 23 York The Duchess 
Nov 24 Reeth The Buck Hotel
Nov 29 Leeds The Wardrobe
Nov 30 Newcastle The Cluny
Dec 01 Kendal Bootleggers
Dec02 Edinburgh The Caves
Dec 05 Bristol The Tunnels
Dec 06 Farnham The Maltings 
Dec 09 Norwich The Waterfront
Dec 10 Oxford - NEW VENUE The Famous Monday Blues 
Dec 11 Scarborough The Blues Club
Dec 14 Leicester The Musician
Dec15 Derby Flowerpot
Dec22 SheffieldThe Greystones

Hopefully, Aynsley will have his new album (recording now!!) ready for some of the dates.

Mike

From Sunday's Bishop FM Blues Show:-

http://www.youtube.com/user/featcovers?feature=mhee

There's 3 clips in there; thanks to Gary Grainger & team.

Mike

OK, here’s the link to the playlist and stream for Blues Show with Aynsley Lister:
http://thumbrella.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0 … tream.html

If you click on “share” you can download the show too.
Enjoy!

48 (edited by BansheeUK 2012-09-14 02:27:24)

Anyone heading along to Aynsley's Middlesbrough Empire gig on 30th September - you may or may not know of a little confusion about the gig at the moment. Last week, the promoters put word out that the gig was cancelled, I think due to clash on the same night with a Dr Feelgood gig nearby.

While the Empire's site says cancelled, they aren't about to issue refunds just yet as they are working with Aynsley's management to re-schedule. Obviously, there will be refunds if the rescheduling doesn't come off, or the date isn't convenient to existing ticket holders; so hang tight. As I hear it, I'll pass it on.

The date on October 5th at Shildon Civic, while with same promoter, is NOT effected.

Mike

Just to update - this IS cancelled and as of the week-end, The Empire are refunding. Unfortunately, no suitable alternate date could be arranged at this time.

The rest of Aynsley's tour is unchanged.

50 (edited by BansheeUK 2012-10-08 09:04:01)

Absolutely cock-a-hoop about this gig – Aynsley & band virtually in my backyard! The guys took a chance with a new promoter and a new (to them) venue and pulled off a spankin’ night (as if the outcome was ever in doubt).

As it turned out, we got two opening bands, the first being The Sugar B’s. Rousing and romping covers band, think Dr Feelgood with a little Bad Manners. Great stuff and set a really good vibe for the evening.

Next up was the Tom Atkinson Band; Formerly known as Presence and the jaw-breaking Victims Of The Fury; a local group I like to keep my eye on as I think Tom has a lot of potential over than relying on solely covers. This evening I’m glad to say the band premiered a batch of original songs, so fresh they were hardly even titled before closing with a couple of Cream standards. Compared to the likes of Virgil, Mitch & The Mentulls, Tom maybe a comparative “late-bloomer”, but he’s earned his dues round the clubs and it’s great to see him spread himself. Hope there’s an E.P. on the way soon.

And then the turn of the main man; treading where only Wilko has trod before. Joined by the now established nucleus of the band, Steve Amadeo on bass and Andre Bassing on the keyboards and “for one night only” the Joe Bonamassa of the drum-kit, Wayne Proctor. Stop press news is that THIS is the band Aynsley has taken into the studio with him: something which, if he's done before, record with the road band, it's been a long time ago. That said, its a tight and impressive unit, and the guys delivered another blazing show, based round what's become a pretty established set, pre new album release:-

The Big Sleep
Running Out On Me
Inside Out
Crazy
Early Morning Dew
What’s It All About
Possession
Sugar
Home
Feeling Good
Hurricane
In The Morning
Encore Purple Rain

You’ll have to forgive me if the running order was a little different, very rare I’m not designated driver, so the cider was flowing freely. However, was aware enough that the sound was one of the best I’ve heard for an Aynsley set, while the atmosphere didn’t quite reach Cluny or Bootleggers level the guys won some new fans, among the familiar faces that travelled down from Newcastle & Hexham. The musical chemistry between Aynsley & Andre keeps getting more and more impressive - Andre’s now in my top 3 keyboard players and Steve’s bass-work is never less than astounding.

Well done Aynsley & team for another cracking gig, and to Shades of Rock team for getting Shildon Civic on the events map.

Mike

Edit - escaped my mind for the moment - compere for the evening was the incomparable moustache of Gary Grainger - British Blues Award Independant Broadcaster of the Year - as he keeps reminding me tongue

51 (edited by BansheeUK 2012-10-08 09:50:26)

Catch Aynsley & band in Switzerland through October (starting tonight) into November before he comes back to the UK and resumes in Nottingham (9th Nov) with an already sold-out show.

Oct
08 Pratteln Galery
09 Rankweil Altes Kino
10 Rubigen Muhle Hunziken
11 Sempach Bierhaus
12 Pontresina Voices on Top Festival
13 St. Michael Nothwirt
16 SEAT SESSION - Zug Chollerhalle
17 SEAT SESSION - Zurich X-TRA
18 SEAT SESSION - Zurich X-TRA
19 SEAT SESSION - Aarau Kultur & Kongresszentrum
20 SEAT SESSION - Aarau Kultur & Kongresszentrum
22 SEAT SESSION - St. Gallen Einstein
23 SEAT SESSION - St. Gallen Einstein
25 SEAT SESSION - Bern Kursaal
27 SEAT SESSION - Basel Volkshaus
31 SEAT SESSION - Lausanne Palais de Beaulieu
Nov
01 SEAT SESSION - Luzern Hotel Schweizherhof
02 SEAT SESSION - Luzern Hotel Schweizherhof

Back in June when I previously went down to Reeth, I enjoyed the drive down especially from Richmond to Reeth; until I passed the perfect car for the journey heading the opposite direction; an Austin Healey 3000 MkII: last Saturday the perfect vehicle would have been a DUKW. However, once at the Buck Hotel; the bar was cosy, the welcome was warm, the food was hot and the music volcanic, with Aynsley & band also braving the weather.

Not the biggest of venues, but a near full house settled for 2 searing sets from the band in their debut in this quiet corner of N.Yorks. Aynsley romping through tried and tested oldies and newbies; some great interplay with Andre on keyboards, driven along by Steve on bass and all nailed together with new boy Boneto nicely settled behind the drums. I’ll not repeat the set list but it has been juggled a bit over the past few months. However, it went down well with the polite Yorkshire audience though a few souls braved a filthy night coming over from Chester way.

Just as a side note: anyone thinking of heading to Aynsley's advertised show at The Wardrobe, Leeds  on the 29th NOV, - Don't; it's cancelled.. Not the band's fault, or the venue, but the promoters, Shades Of Rock. It seems as new players in the game, they've either been over-ambitious, naive or big on promises and short on delivery. As with the Middlesbrough gig, the band and venue have tried to salvage something but just too little notice for this tour; they will try for next time round.

Braved a drive in torrential rain to see Aynsley on Thursday at the Robin 2 and it was well worth the effort as always. Superb set, including some of the songs destined for the new album due for release early next year.

Here's one of those songs "Sugar", where Aynsley invited Virgil McMahon up for an impromptu jam - great fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X3UKj7h … ature=plcp

Ian

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

Thanks for sharing the video, Ian. Good to see Aynsley and Virgil playing together.