Re: Carmine and Stevie Ray Vaughan

Philosophically.....
At the end of the day...... we all believe what we want to hear .... rightly or wrongly!  smile

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Brack wrote:

Philosophically.....
At the end of the day...... we all believe what we want to hear .... rightly or wrongly!  smile

Exactamundo, just pick up a copy of the National Enquirer, it's all right there in print in a nationally circulated periodical. May I quote the X Files, "The truth is out there.", but they also said, "Trust no one."

Mulder!!!!!!!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Rocket wrote:
Sonicboom wrote:

I found this in an SRV interview...http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/002283.html

Did you actually do any of the live shows with Bowie?

SRV: Unh unh. There was a whole different light on the subject almost that had nothing to do with the way he offered the tour. We [Double Trouble] were supposed to open up all the shows and he was supposed to be wanting to have us in that situation to help us out. And as it turned out, I was supposed to quit them [Double Trouble] and not have anything to do with them, not do interviews or anything. And, I’m sorry, I’ve worked for that a long time. Fame and this big tour is really not that important.

But who knows, it may be just more speculation...

From the horses mouth? Don't think so.  One would have to call St. Steven out as a liar and stone him.

Rock ON & Keep the Faithful,
Rocket

Really, call him a liar and stone him?

Since you make such a statement, please fill us in on all the details. 

A fact, not speculation and you don't think so to call Stevie a liar, that Stevie did not tour with Bowie.  Fact, Double Trouble did not open on the tour for David Bowie.  So far Stevie seems to have his facts straight. 

So, please enlighten us on what you know and how you know it.  Does Bowie wear boxers or briefs?

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

Pay attention before being catty.  The statement ending sonic boom's post was "Who knows, it may just be more speculation..."
I was replying to that.  Read it once more with that in mind. Don't think so therefore refers to it NOT being open to speculation.  Do you understand?  I hope so.  Vaughan indeed has his facts straight.  You do not.  ...And IF he did not, he would indeed be labeled a liar.

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I wasn't being catty, you just weren't clear in what you were saying.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

42 (edited by Sonicboom 2010-08-21 03:11:04)

I posted the comment, so I'll clear up what I meant since the sarcasm was missed.  It was aimed at previous comments about all the speculation in the thread.  Sorry it was so subtle. 

Anything that comes by way of a third party who wasn't involved is hearsay.  Anything related to hearsay is speculation.  None of us was directly involved (I don't think smile ), so everything we post is either hearsay or speculation regardless of where or who it came from.

Those were his words transcribed from an audio interview, and I believe them to be fact.  I had hoped to find a copy of the taped interview so that I could post it, coming from the man himself.  Many of the observations made earlier were incorrect, mine included, if we believe that these were his words.

Sorry, Rocket, I, too, misinterpreted your comment.

Guitars: '79 LP Custom, '01 Dickey Betts Goldie - 80 of 114, '00 Chandler Lectraslide
Amps: '00 Marshall 1987x, '70 Marshall 1959 SL, 4x12 JBL D120s
'64 Vibroverb - JBL D130, '66 Super Reverb - CTS Alnicos
'77 Peavey Deuce (great for melting stubborn ear wax)

43 (edited by Rocket 2010-08-21 04:32:22)

Sonicboom wrote:

I posted the comment, so I'll clear up what I meant since the sarcasm was missed.  It was aimed at previous comments about all the speculation in the thread.  Sorry it was so subtle. 

Anything that comes by way of a third party who wasn't involved is hearsay.  Anything related to hearsay is speculation.  None of us was directly involved (I don't think smile ), so everything we post is either hearsay or speculation regardless of where or who it came from.

Those were his words transcribed from an audio interview, and I believe them to be fact.  I had hoped to find a copy of the taped interview so that I could post it, coming from the man himself.  Many of the observations made earlier were incorrect, mine included, if we believe that these were his words.

Sorry, Rocket, I, too, misinterpreted your comment.

I knew exactly what you meant, knew it was subtle since there was no eyes rolling icon, and knew it was in direct response to previous comments.  I was one who believe(d)/(s) exactly what the transcribed words were in plain English, Texas style-no bs when not needed.  Speculation from those words would call into play both the interviewer, (not debunked anywhere I have ever seen, and Stevie was alive still to do so if misquoted) and the interviewee, Stevie Ray Vaughan, whom I stated would have to be called a liar (has not happened anywhere I have ever seen, and Jimmie is still alive to talk to if you doubt at all).  I was being serious while tossing in a little intellectual challenge... I'm done now.
Peace, love, and damn good music to y'all!

Oh yeah, Carmine ROCKS!!!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Oh yeah, boxers unless doing a photo shoot.... neutral

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I'm in my boxers.  smile   I got the sarcasm from SonicBoom.  I got the agreement from Rocket, equally facetious, and I'm speculating that it's faithfully funny.  tongue

MuchLove
FDOL

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

45 (edited by Deezer 2010-08-21 10:04:06)

The RiverCat^-^ wrote:
Rocket wrote:
Sonicboom wrote:

I found this in an SRV interview...http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/002283.html

Did you actually do any of the live shows with Bowie?

SRV: Unh unh. There was a whole different light on the subject almost that had nothing to do with the way he offered the tour. We [Double Trouble] were supposed to open up all the shows and he was supposed to be wanting to have us in that situation to help us out. And as it turned out, I was supposed to quit them [Double Trouble] and not have anything to do with them, not do interviews or anything. And, I’m sorry, I’ve worked for that a long time. Fame and this big tour is really not that important.

But who knows, it may be just more speculation...

From the horses mouth? Don't think so.  One would have to call St. Steven out as a liar and stone him.

Rock ON & Keep the Faithful,
Rocket

Really, call him a liar and stone him?

Since you make such a statement, please fill us in on all the details. 

A fact, not speculation and you don't think so to call Stevie a liar, that Stevie did not tour with Bowie.  Fact, Double Trouble did not open on the tour for David Bowie.  So far Stevie seems to have his facts straight. 

So, please enlighten us on what you know and how you know it.  Does Bowie wear boxers or briefs?

I for one completely understood what Rocket said. He was saying that it was from the horse's mouth, and that to say it was speculation coming from Stevie, would be like calling him a liar.

And for the record, it is not speculation if you are stating facts. Is it speculation to say that America won its independence from Britain? I'm just saying.....  lol

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Thanks for the interpretation Deezer, even I wasn't sure what he was implying and I have been exposed to Rocket's wisdom for the last 8 years.

I was going to ask him and then you saved me the trouble.

there was an excellent documentary on David Bowie tonight called "Five Years" - I think that it had a lot of clips of Carmine in his hair days (looked like he was playing live prior to "Let's Dance" album? - And right at the end quite a few words from the man himself, - never heard Carmine speak before, what a posh voice he has!

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun