Re: Tea For One

...Joe and Doug did do this recently but no Bona-wood available to capture it... Donna done her best but cant link to it at the mo' ...this is the one song personally i want to see Joe do more that any other that i haven't done so already... Zep/Page best in my book!

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Pete The Cabby wrote:

... Zep/Page best in my book!

From 1969 Zeppelin were my favourite band and, apart from being a bit piqued at III when it came out, it remained that way for many, many years. Then I heard Joe's playing and almost every other guitarist's picking sounded blurred and indistinct, including Mr Page's. This is particularly noticeable to me on their live albums, which sound littered with mistakes. Of course, this may be due to the use of extra cullicular substances, but it was clear to me that Joe was head and shoulders above JP in the guitar picking stakes. However, Messrs Page and Plant remain almost peerless in their song writing ability.

The above is definitely relevant to Tea For One as, whenever I go back to the original I feel disappointed as the playing just doesn't stand up to Joe's in my opinion. We can continue this discussion on Wednesday at the RSB gig, Pete. big_smile

Would I like to hear Tea For One in London next year? You bet I would. It's one of my all time favourites from Joe and along with P&S it would be just amazing at the RAH or Shepherds Bush or Hammersmith (but not the Borderline after last week's fiasco sad - unless I win the £100m lottery tomorrow night roll ).

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Wooders wrote:
Pete The Cabby wrote:

... Zep/Page best in my book!

From 1969 Zeppelin were my favourite band and, apart from being a bit piqued at III when it came out, it remained that way for many, many years. Then I heard Joe's playing and almost every other guitarist's picking sounded blurred and indistinct, including Mr Page's. This is particularly noticeable to me on their live albums, which sound littered with mistakes. Of course, this may be due to the use of extra cullicular substances, but it was clear to me that Joe was head and shoulders above JP in the guitar picking stakes. However, Messrs Page and Plant remain almost peerless in their song writing ability.

The above is definitely relevant to Tea For One as, whenever I go back to the original I feel disappointed as the playing just doesn't stand up to Joe's in my opinion. We can continue this discussion on Wednesday at the RSB gig, Pete. big_smile

Would I like to hear Tea For One in London next year? You bet I would. It's one of my all time favourites from Joe and along with P&S it would be just amazing at the RAH or Shepherds Bush or Hammersmith (but not the Borderline after last week's fiasco sad - unless I win the £100m lottery tomorrow night roll ).

Phil

I actually was thinking about special guests at the 2013 London shows & right there I thought of how great It would be if Jimmy Page turned up & played this or any other Zep song along with Joe... Nirvana!!