Re: Anyone for Golf ?

Par 3 contest today at 2 central time.

sniff wrote:

Par 3 contest today at 2 central time.

Looks like the Golf Channel is live all day here. I'd guess they will have coverage of the Par 3

Alan

Thanks 3 PM eastern

Alan

I'm watching - luckily my partner isn't home to see me drool

Alan

Got to go back to my course today to try to get 1 of the waterheaters going, smoke a cigar and watch the Masters with a couple of friends. 1st round was enjoyable to watch as the snow piles up outside my window, still snowing today, will this winter ever DIE.

I don't understand - the Golf Channel is live but not really showing live coverage. ESPN had it live from 3-7. I've got Crossroads tonight so won't see the final holes.  Looks like the rain has really made the course difficult. Rory and Sergio going backwards. Tiger to tee off around 2 PM

Alan

Field coming back a little. ESPN will be live at 3 until we leave for Crossroads.

Alan

Yes...Joe's Portland show is slightly interrupting the Masters, but I'll live!!

Murfdog

murfdog wrote:

Yes...Joe's Portland show is slightly interrupting the Masters, but I'll live!!

Lol. The price we pay.

Alan

If Woods has one shred of integrity he will DQ himself. He implicated himself in the post round interview by saying he went back 2 yards and played the shot. This is just not fair, if it was anyone else they would have been DQ'ed

I actually agree with that.

Alan

sniff wrote:

If Woods has one shred of integrity he will DQ himself. He implicated himself in the post round interview by saying he went back 2 yards and played the shot. This is just not fair, if it was anyone else they would have been DQ'ed

I didn't get a chance to watch much of the Masters yesterday, so I'm just finding out about the situation with Tiger at the 15th hole this morning, and I have to say I would agree completely. I haven't played golf in a long, long time, but even I know that the drop was improper. I don't see how the PGA can just assess a two shot penalty in this instance. I could see assessing such a penalty in an instance where an incorrect scorecard was signed, and no other rules were broken, but not for this.

It's all about integrity. I DQ'ed myself from a club championship for playing the wrong ball, it was a par 3 and I was left of the green in the rough' walked up chipped it close to the hole and putted for my par. standing on the next tee I noticed it was the wrong ball, walked back to the last green and found my ball about 6 feet from where I hit, walked back to the tee and told my playing partners that I was done and what had happened. I went to the clubhouse had a beer and laughed with the pro and bartender, I won the next year. Tiger should step up and do the right thing. Rules officials were right there to asses the penalty on the 14 year old, but he is a "nobody". It's not the PGA, it's the tournament committee which is made up of several ruling bodies that are making this a major issue, I think CBS exec's might have had a hand in the decision, worrying about ratings. Sorry about my rant, I feel this is a major black eye in the world of golf.

I think it IS a black eye and the argument will never die if Tiger comes back to win. It's odd that I'm now watching The Golf Channel and the officials said they reviewed the issue before Tiger finished his round and only went back after seeing Tiger on TV. I'm just amazed that for the largeness of the event there isn't a rules official either on every hole or every group.

Alan

What a great Masters. Congrats to Adam Scott and Australia.

sniff wrote:

What a great Masters. Congrats to Adam Scott and Australia.

Very true. Golf avoided a black eye

Alan

I just heard that the Masters does not allow officials to walk with every group the way every other major event does. It's time to end the private club attitude. And no TV coverage other than CBS? What BS

Alan

sniff wrote:

It's all about integrity. I DQ'ed myself from a club championship for playing the wrong ball, it was a par 3 and I was left of the green in the rough' walked up chipped it close to the hole and putted for my par. standing on the next tee I noticed it was the wrong ball, walked back to the last green and found my ball about 6 feet from where I hit, walked back to the tee and told my playing partners that I was done and what had happened. I went to the clubhouse had a beer and laughed with the pro and bartender, I won the next year. Tiger should step up and do the right thing. Rules officials were right there to asses the penalty on the 14 year old, but he is a "nobody". It's not the PGA, it's the tournament committee which is made up of several ruling bodies that are making this a major issue, I think CBS exec's might have had a hand in the decision, worrying about ratings. Sorry about my rant, I feel this is a major black eye in the world of golf.

I think Tiger showed integrity. They reviewed the tapes and DID NOT initially assess him a penalty. It was not until he told them that he hit from 2 yards behind his original shot that they assessed the penalty. So had he kept his mouth shut...
I understand that many people dislike Tiger, especially after his fall from grace, but I saw no reason he should have withdrawn/DQ'd himself.

That said, congrats to Adam Scott! I was glad to see him win and shake off the disappointment from the last British Open.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"