Topic: Wanted to Introduce myself

Happy New Year to all the StreetTeam,
Sorry I have not contacted you sooner, but we are just getting used to our jobs and what rolls we need to play, in the promotion of the greatest guitarist, (in my opinion) of all time. We all volunteered for these positions because we believe in Joe and want to spread that belief across the country, and abroad, and help Joe get the recognition he deserves.

I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself, tell you a little about me, and would like to get to know you better, too. Melissa is a long time Bonamassa fan, but I have only known about him for a year or so, so I am not familiar with many of you and what you have done for Joe. I am very grateful for your help, though, as it seems we have a great bunch of folks with the same goal.

Firstly, I am soon to be 45 years old, have been married for 15 years to a wonderful woman, and have 5 dogs! I enjoyed motorcycling, till a wreck busted up the two of us, am into boating, painting and gardening. I have been a music fan all my life. I have been to literally hundreds of concerts over the years. My very first concert was Rare Earth when I was just 5 years old. My parents left me at my aunt & uncle’s house for a weekend, so they could have some time to them selves and my aunt took me to the concert. I didn’t know anything about it, but I loved it! In my teens & 20’s I enjoyed southern rock (Skynyrd, Molly Hatchett and the like) along with Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rush, AC/DC, ZZ Top, SRV, Dire Straits and too many more to list. In my 30’s I got so busy, that I didn’t see many shows and while I always listened to music, I just wasn’t floored by anybody. About 3 years ago now, I discovered Los Lonely Boys. I had their debut album, and when they came to town, I bought tickets and after seeing them live, I was hooked all over again. Henry plays a lot more blues than is represented on their debut album, and it reminded me of Stevie Ray Vaughn. I became active in their street team and helped produce a logo for them along with t-shirts, posters and stickers, and such. So one day Joe Bonamassa was mentioned (thanks Deezer) and I bought his latest, at that time, Had To Cry Today. I thought it was really good, and skipped a planned LLB concert to go see Joe. To say I was BLOWN AWAY is an understatement. I now have all of his recordings and two of the DVD’s.  I can’t believe I hadn’t heard of him before. That is why I wanted to get involved with Joe’s street team. I just figure, that if you hear Joe, you will like Joe, and it’s up to us to turn folks on to him, so that he will prosper and continue to put out music that we all love and enjoy!

I’d also like to offer you the opportunity to tell me about yourself, but don’t feel like you have to.
Thanks again for what you do, and hope to hear back from you in the near future. Maybe I’ll see you on the road. We’ll be at the Atlanta and Jacksonville shows in February! And, if you have any ideas you’d like to send along, please do so.

Keep up the good work!

Randy King   aka Roadking
Randy.king@yahoo.com

Re: Wanted to Introduce myself

hello roadking, my name is michael and im from darlington in the north east of england i have been marrried for almost seven years now, i have two beautiful boys harvey aged 3 & luke aged 1. ive been into music all my life really my favourite artist is PAUL WELLER whom ive seen live 22 times, he's fronted two very succesfull bands THE JAM & THE STYLE COUNCIL and now he's gstill going strong into his 15th year as a solo artist.
i went to see joe live at the customs house in south shields, england and i was blown away i mean what he does is just magic and got to meet him after the gig in the bar where we shaked hands and he signed my ticket.
i cant believe he not that popular over this side of the pond i think us brits have to raise his profile a bit more(any suggestions anybody). i have two of joe's albums YOU & ME & A NEW DAY YESTERDAY & i have just ordered a couple more.
i do believe he is the greatest gutarist of all time defintly on par with hendrix.
i do hope joe comes back soon i cant wait.

nice to hear from you
michael

'IN THE CITY THERES A THOUSAND THINGS I WANNA SAY TO YOU'

3 (edited by zosozep7 2007-01-12 20:59:46)

Hello Roadking. My name is Rob and I am from Michigan in the Detroit arera. I see we have the same tastes in music especially Led Zep. I play guitar for a hobby and music is my life. Especially the blues! I first heard Joe on XM radio as I was awaiting to hear my Goddess Nancy Wilson and her sister Ann from Heart dj an hour long show. I turned the radio on about 10 minutes early and there was Tea For One playing. I immediatley got up and looked to see who it was because I knew it was not Zep and I then seen Joes name and I went right to the computer and did a search on Joe. I went right to Amazon.com and looked up his albums and I went out the next day and bought you and Me and I was hooked instantly! I have since many of my friends onto Joe and I wont stop until Joe is a household name. I have met many good friends here on this board. Im glad I came here!! Hope to meet you soon at  show. Cleveland, here we come!

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

Hey Roadking,
     Thanks for sharing with us and I wish you much success in your promotion of Joe.  In case you didn't already know it, I am crazy about Joe, Mark, and Bogie.  What a trio they are!!!!  I first discovered Joe standing in a Barnes & Noble in Des Moines,IA.  I was listening to someone else and looked down and saw Blues Deluxe and was very intrigued by the cover and Joe's name.  The instant I heard the first notes of You Upset Me Baby, I said out loud"Where in the heck has this guy been all my life?"  You know the loud we all talk with headphones on????  I immediately bought 4 of Joe's CD's. (That was a Sunday.)  Then on Monday at work I was looking thru the Des Moines Datebook and saw booked at the Val Air Ballroom, Clear Lake, IA...Joe Bonamassa.  How unbelievable is that?????? It was fate,, it was destiny, it was my good fortune.....and the rest is history......pattyluvsjoe wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Roadking-
I've been a JB fan for about 3 years. My musical tastes run very wide, probably because my father was a music teacher. I've been an Allman Brothers fan forever and try to see them a couple of times a year. I joined the street team in 2005 and took over as coordinator for Tara in Connecticut almost a year ago. Like many others after seeing Joe for the first time, I could not understand why he wasn't a household word. At 49 I feel like I'm a little over the hill for the street team, but I just felt like Joe deserved more recognition so I started promoting him any way I could. There are many new converts in Connecticut but I have been surprised how many people here were already familiar with Joe. I'm currently promoting the Toad's Place show on February 18th. Flyers have been designed and printed and will be going up soon. I've also prepared an email and phone blitz for statewide radio stations and newspapers. Good luck in your new position. I hope that we can help push JB over the top.

"The Blues are the true facts of life expressed in words and song, inspiration, feeling, and understanding."
Willie Dixon

Hi Roadking and welcome. It's all Angelas fault smile

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Roadking,
My name is Bill and I've been a Bonaholic for just over 2 years.
Seriously though...I just turned 50 recently, have 2 daughters (21 & 23) and a great wife who have been forced (just joking) to become Joe fans.
I first heard of Joe when a friend offered me a ticket to see Joe literally two hours before show time (some poor soul backed out on him an hour earlier). I really had no idea what I was in for. I walked out amazed and confused...I couldn't figure out why I had never heard of someone with that much talent. I've been to 13 shows in the last two years and have spread the gospel of Joe whenever I've had a chance.
My musical tastes have always been rock and blues/rock. My favorite band prior to JB was the Allman Bros. I had gotten away from live shows in the last 15 years, but I probably saw an average of 30 to 40 shows a year during the 70's, including every major band/name that came through Chicago in that time span. Joe is at the top of my list.
Thanks for posting and introducing yourself. See you down the road somewhere.
Bill S

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

You're welcome, dude. I wish I could've converted more over there. Joe still "smokes" the competition.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Funny gsj... look at all the joy I've brought you!!!

Hey Randy- Thanks for posting...We're about the same age and have followed some of the same bands...My husband Anthony got our entire family (including 3 teenagers)  hooked on Joe about two years ago after reading an article in Guitar One...I love all kinds of music and I figure if a family of five can agree on music when you get together for a car ride, that's a sign of a great artist that has captured different generations...I'm talking The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Joe Bonamassa...

Feel free to e-mail me anytime if you need help with any ideas, I'd be happy to help. 

gsj wrote:

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Big hello to all of you! Thanks for posting!

My first Joe Show was last year in Atlanta. Decatur actually. We were going to do a 3 day - 3 show, LLB run, and saw LLB in Asheville, then Atlanta the next night and had planned to go on to Birmingham, till we saw Joe was playing in Decatur. Man, that was an awesome night! We were right up front, on Joe's side, and he rocked my world! Since then I have seen him in Dallas, and two shows in DC. We will be seeing him again next month in Atlanta and going on to Jacksonville the following day for another show! Can't wait! So if any of you will be at those shows, give me a shout. Would love to meet you, and let you buy me a beer. Oops, I meant BUY YOU ONE! Ha!
RK

Roadking wrote:

Oops, I meant BUY YOU ONE! Ha!
RK

Sounds good to me!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

Angela, I shall be for ever in your debt for introducing me to Joe.

Angela wrote:

Funny gsj... look at all the joy I've brought you!!!

Hey Randy- Thanks for posting...We're about the same age and have followed some of the same bands...My husband Anthony got our entire family (including 3 teenagers)  hooked on Joe about two years ago after reading an article in Guitar One...I love all kinds of music and I figure if a family of five can agree on music when you get together for a car ride, that's a sign of a great artist that has captured different generations...I'm talking The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Joe Bonamassa...

Feel free to e-mail me anytime if you need help with any ideas, I'd be happy to help. 

gsj wrote:

13 (edited by JBrules 2007-02-11 12:52:03)

Hi Folks..Been a fan for less than a year  , but  i quickly became an ardent supporter after seeing Joe live in June. The man and the band deserve more support and I've been turning people on to Joes music at every opportunity. His music is a gift that everyone deserves!!! Paul    Boston Ma.

Hello all.  I'm brand new to this board.  I'm similar in age to many of you (will soon be 52).  I've been a fan of rock music since the Beatles invasion in the mid-60s.  In high school I became a huge fan of Zeppelin, et. al. My favorite band that's still active is Rush.  I've played guitar since I was 12, and consider myself ok for a garage amateur.  SRV, Jeff Beck, Vai, and many others have been in my playlist.

This fall, I was on a sports-related message board when someone linked a youtube video of Joe.  To say the least, I was blown away.  I'm a Comcast Rhapsody subscriber, so I immediately did a search on Joe.  The rest, as they say, is history.

I wasn't able to make it to Nashville to see Joe in November, but when I found out he'd be in Atlanta, I made plans to attend.  I've also converted a couple of my friends.

I've been singing his praises to anyone who'll listen.

Welcome aboard Bizazz. Glad to hear you're speading the word.

Hey folks.  I'm a very recent "finder" of Joe B. I'm soon to be 47 years old and have been playing guitar since '71....all but four years of my adult life I've made my living doing that in some form. I did have a momentary lapse of sanity and worked for the USPS during the 80's but I got over it!  I've lived in the Nashville area for nearly 20 years now and run my own studio out of my home and also play regularly at a club in downtown Nashville. Earlier this year one of the patrons came up to me at the end of the show and said he liked my playing and asked me if I knew who Joe was. I said I hadn't heard of him but I'd check him out on the web. He wrote Joe's web address on a napkin and I stuffed it into the pocket of my guitar bag. After seeing the Fox video I was certainly impressed and I ordered the Rockpalast DVD and was floored by Joe's playing and even more by his impeccable tone...no matter the guitar or the pickup. I really hadn't heard any guitar player with a satchel of tones like that since the early Billy Gibbons years. I've already purchased the "So It's Like That" CD/DVD and have other cds on their merry way. The last guitar player I heard who made we want to go out and buy any and everything he played on was Steve Gaines from Skynyrd...so we're talking 30 years in the desert for me.  Since I grew up on Clapton, Page, Gibbons, Allman etc. it's a real treat for me to hear a guy like Joe make a gumbo out of all of my favorite styles and then add his own little nuances. I really dig his singing also...something I could never quite say about SRV.

anyway.....onward and upward.....I got some catching up to do!

"why isn't the number "11" pronounced "onety one"???....S. Wright.

Guitgator wrote:

Hey folks.  I'm a very recent "finder" of Joe B. I'm soon to be 47 years old and have been playing guitar since '71....all but four years of my adult life I've made my living doing that in some form. I did have a momentary lapse of sanity and worked for the USPS during the 80's but I got over it!  I've lived in the Nashville area for nearly 20 years now and run my own studio out of my home and also play regularly at a club in downtown Nashville. Earlier this year one of the patrons came up to me at the end of the show and said he liked my playing and asked me if I knew who Joe was. I said I hadn't heard of him but I'd check him out on the web. He wrote Joe's web address on a napkin and I stuffed it into the pocket of my guitar bag. After seeing the Fox video I was certainly impressed and I ordered the Rockpalast DVD and was floored by Joe's playing and even more by his impeccable tone...no matter the guitar or the pickup. I really hadn't heard any guitar player with a satchel of tones like that since the early Billy Gibbons years. I've already purchased the "So It's Like That" CD/DVD and have other cds on their merry way. The last guitar player I heard who made we want to go out and buy any and everything he played on was Steve Gaines from Skynyrd...so we're talking 30 years in the desert for me.  Since I grew up on Clapton, Page, Gibbons, Allman etc. it's a real treat for me to hear a guy like Joe make a gumbo out of all of my favorite styles and then add his own little nuances. I really dig his singing also...something I could never quite say about SRV.

anyway.....onward and upward.....I got some catching up to do!

I was hoping your website had some audio samples of your playing.

OK, so far I'm the "Elder" of this group 57 and holding. I think it's fair to call Joe a guitar player's guitar player. That's how I learned about him 2 years ago. I've always been a guitar girl. If someone says Frank, I think of Zappa(RIP) not Sinatra!! I too loved the southern rock bands of the 70's. I saw Little Feat the most. RIP Lowell George. And I was lucky enough to see SRV 3 times(RIP). And because I've always "run" with bands I've been exposed to nonmainstream artists such as Rory Gallager and Danny Gatton (again RIP both).  I give Joe dvds for presents and have even given 1 "in lieu of flowers" when a friends Mom died. I'm widowed once and divorced once and now "retired" from all that. My daughter and teenage grandchildren live in N.J. I am a Hospice RN and care for my 89y/o mom. Music is my salvation!! It's always been my best friend. Always says the right thing, doesn't judge, and continues to lead me to new and wonderful things. I also know it's possible to make things happen and am full of ideas to help get "The Word" out about Joe. Based on all my RIP's it's nice to back a young healthy guy!!!!!