19 (edited by Rik Emmett Fan 2010-05-14 21:46:44)

Re: Pre order at Wildwood!

jclark42796 wrote:
xcorporate wrote:

I shot for the prototype, I guess the owner is keeping that one,  #1 was taken  roll  So I requested #2.  Just looking for a low number.  I had all sorts of reasons set up not to buy one.

If they don't return my email I won't buy one.
If they are rude on the phone I won't buy one.
If they won't let me reserve one of the top 5 #'s I won't buy one.

He returned my email in 2 minutes, was super nice on the phone and gauranteed me #2.  damn....sold.

According to his signature, it looks like Rik Emmett Fan got #1.

I don't have it yet, just the order conformation for #01  big_smile

Gibson Joe Bonamassa Signature Les Paul, Bonamassa
Burst, VOS Finish, Maple Top, Mahogany Back and
Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, Burstbucker 2 and 3
Pickups, ABR Bridge, Aluminum Stoptail, Case, SN 01

How cool is that...

I would take #7... that's the doubled JB... Joe Bonamassa and "James Bond 007" guitar...  big_smile
unfortunately no budgets available...  roll

PIT...  cool

I would take any of the numbers... if I could afford it...  lol

Bill

LesPaul4 wrote:

When you guys called and pre-ordered, did you request a specific number?  Did they have any info on each guitar...like weight...neck size....etc

From Wildwood:

the neck profile is a '59 LP , they will be lightweight, these have a 2-piece body and are weight-relieved also, our prototype weighs 8.27 lbs., headstock is not tapered like other historic LP's, longer tailpiece studs than a historic LP, etc.

I would think that you'd want #2 to match your Carol-Ann!! big_smile   Or you could just send me the Carol-Ann to match my #2, either way works for me! hahaaah

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:
jclark42796 wrote:
xcorporate wrote:

I shot for the prototype, I guess the owner is keeping that one,  #1 was taken  roll  So I requested #2.  Just looking for a low number.  I had all sorts of reasons set up not to buy one.

If they don't return my email I won't buy one.
If they are rude on the phone I won't buy one.
If they won't let me reserve one of the top 5 #'s I won't buy one.

He returned my email in 2 minutes, was super nice on the phone and gauranteed me #2.  damn....sold.

How cool is that...

xcorporate wrote:

I would think that you'd want #2 to match your Carol-Ann!! big_smile   Or you could just send me the Carol-Ann to match my #2, either way works for me! hahaaah

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:
jclark42796 wrote:

How cool is that...

I am stunned that Joe didn’t want #01 or I would have had #02. Since I have #51 & #251 #01 is more than fitting anyway.

On a side note, your shots are great! Wildwood has THE best photograph of their inventory. Top notch pictures always.  I enjoy painting with light as another hobby, I sold my Hasselblad  501 CM and some great lenses to pay for my JBLP #251.

I am taking delivery of my Vintage MRJBM distressed Goldtop #0152498 on Monday, tried for a real JBLP or a Bonnaburst or an Epi JBLP but you guys have bought them all, 325 guitars owned by about 11 people DAMM!!!

Might not sound as good but I can afford one and its only cost me £249.00, Looks the mutts nutts though, good enough for an office/bedroom player.  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Have Fun and laugh like it's your first time! You never know you might get to like it! big_smile

Yeah I was too!  Maybe he's getting some sort of pre prototype #0001. 

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:
xcorporate wrote:

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

How cool is that...

I am stunned that Joe didn’t want #01 or I would have had #02. Since I have #51 & #251 #01 is more than fitting anyway.

On a side note, your shots are great! Wildwood has THE best photograph of their inventory. Top notch pictures always.  I enjoy painting with light as another hobby, I sold my Hasselblad  501 CM and some great lenses to pay for my JBLP #251.

I am happy with mine.... You guys get nice silk screen serial numbers... 01 -25 I get the ole silver sharpie with the word " Prototype"  on mine. Yeah I know ... Poor me..  Im sorted.. Enjoy them and thank you.. The bonaburst really came out great.  Thanks to all at Wildwood and Gibson for putting it together..
Joe B

My aged JBLP has a cool sharpie "Joe Bonamassa" signature! Beat that!  oh wait, nevermind...... lol

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I am happy with mine.... You guys get nice silk screen serial numbers... 01 -25 I get the ole silver sharpie with the word " Prototype"  on mine. Yeah I know ... Poor me..  Im sorted.. Enjoy them and thank you.. The bonaburst really came out great.  Thanks to all at Wildwood and Gibson for putting it together..
Joe B

Any update on the Epis yet Joe? I'm really looking forward to getting one!

2011 Gibson Les Paul Custom 68RI VOS Ebony
Marshall JVM410h

Well, this is is a fan forum, but am I the only one thinking JBLP inflation here? Aged gold, unaged gold, blue, burst, Epi. What's next?

31 (edited by jakey 2010-05-16 12:43:54)

I've seen and played a couple of JBLP's and the ones I have played were great, and I am sure generally they're very very good.

However, for those 'pre-ordering', can I ask, how on earth could you pre order a $4000 guitar you haven't played? I would never do that. It's crazy. Guitars are a very personal thing- and there's a lot of varience even in tightly QA'd sig models.......Surely the issue is to get one YOU like, not that someone else likes?

Sorry for being a damp squib but I just can't work this one out. I only own one sig guitar- a Gilmour strat, and I went through around 30 to find one I liked.

(actually I ust realised I have 2 sig models as have an original 90's Gary Moore LP, but I bought that because of the guitar itself, not the signature!!)

"Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips...."

JB LP Goldtop No. 290- Aged...rather like me.

32 (edited by Rik Emmett Fan 2010-05-16 21:53:46)

jakey wrote:

I've seen and played a couple of JBLP's and the ones I have played were great, and I am sure generally they're very very good.

However, for those 'pre-ordering', can I ask, how on earth could you pre order a $4000 guitar you haven't played? I would never do that. It's crazy. Guitars are a very personal thing- and there's a lot of varience even in tightly QA'd sig models.......Surely the issue is to get one YOU like, not that someone else likes?

Sorry for being a damp squib but I just can't work this one out. I only own one sig guitar- a Gilmour strat, and I went through around 30 to find one I liked.

(actually I ust realised I have 2 sig models as have an original 90's Gary Moore LP, but I bought that because of the guitar itself, not the signature!!)

You said yourself the ones you have played were great.

I don’t live in Colorado, so I can’t just stop by to play all 25 of the BonaBursts and pick out the one that I like the best. Even if I did live in Colorado, they will probably sell out before they ever even reach the store.

Gibson is only making 25, so the quality control should excellent. If not you could always return or resell the guitar to get you money back easily since it’s such a limited quantity. 

If this is truly going to be “only” a limited run of 25 BonaBust guitars everyone will be happy that they pre-ordered because they will be gone...

jakey wrote:

I would imagine most of these wont get played in anger anyway - they will be hanging on the wall or under the bed.

I actually wonder whether those that buy these expensive guitars do play them or not? If I could afford it I would get one, but as I only play guitar at home for myself it would most likely never see a stage either.

Just curious.

Wrong, I play all of mine.  This one included.  Wildwood gives a period to return the guitar if your not happy.  That's more affordable than flying to Colorado. 

Price is relative to income I suppose. 

Grey wrote:
jakey wrote:

I would imagine most of these wont get played in anger anyway - they will be hanging on the wall or under the bed.

I actually wonder whether those that buy these expensive guitars do play them or not? If I could afford it I would get one, but as I only play guitar at home for myself it would most likely never see a stage either.

Just curious.

My pre-order is in.  big_smile

Are only 25 being made or is it that Wildwood is getting the first 25? How many are actually being produced? If the answer to that has already been mentioned here, my apologies for the redundant question.

Spider wrote:

My pre-order is in.  big_smile

Are only 25 being made or is it that Wildwood is getting the first 25? How many are actually being produced? If the answer to that has already been mentioned here, my apologies for the redundant question.

Congrats! I asked Wildwood this question but didn't receive an answer.  Perhaps they don't know.

Jim