Okay, so what are you all listening to?

Me, I'm into this right now...

[img]http://www.brettgarsed.com/discs/images/big_sky.jpg[/img]

"The blues is just a good man feelin' bad"

Re: Current Playlist April '06

Puddle of Mudd

Jimi Hendrix - First Rays of the New Rising Sun

"You jump in front of my car when you.. you know all the time.. ninety miles an hour girl is the.. speed I drive.. "

Robin Trower- For Earth Below Live

Ian Moss - Six strings
Bonamassa - you and me  / FZW Dortmund
I also had a little bit Jimmy Barnes and Finn Brothers today

ralf

6 (edited by Florida Dave 2006-04-22 13:46:19)

For some strange reason, "You & Me" almost ALWAYS refuses to be removed from my car player!! Perfect "road" tunes.  ;-)
However I'm also currently listening to David Gilmour's "On An Island" (He was on "Leno" Thursday night...........of course, I MISSED it!), both "Brother" & "Diamonds & Debris" from Cry Of Love (Audley Freed) and Glenn Hughes' "Soul Mover". Been a HUGE fan of Glenn's voice for years. Can't wait for "Hughes/Thrall 2" next year!

Ralf, have you seen the concert at the FZW? I wanted to, but we were on holidays in the netherlands so I went to a show there. What did he play?
I'm listening to You and Me right now, and earlier it was Gerry Rafferty

Peace and Love!

nope wasnt at the FZW, but dl the torrent of the show yday, the setlist was the same like the netherlands gigs + starship trooper. where were u in the netherlands ? we went to zoetemeer, adam and hellendoorn. My last one this time will be the Rex in Lorsch ( 20 min from here ) 

cheers Ralf

Derek Trucks Band - Songlines

Any Joe B

ZZ Top - Tres Hombres & Fandango!

Those are my current faves right now.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Here's a musician I discovered on Blueswax. He cites Joe as one of his influences! Warning: heathens stay away big_smile

http://www.myspace.com/jimmiebratcher

Just got the You and Me cd so I'll be listening to that a lot right now. Derek Trucks sounds great too. I think I'm going to get his new cd soon, so that will be second on my list.
Julie in Green Bay

I went to Zoutermeer, too, ralf! Unfortunately that's the only one I could see sad - but after seeing it I immediately joined the street team smile

Peace and Love
Lui

Peace and Love!

I have been getting into female blues/soul/rnb singers. Currently listening to the wonderful Susan Tedeschi and my fellow Aussie Mia Dyson.

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

"You & Me" took over my CD player like a horde of Vikings pillaging ancient Europe! However, other new bluesrock currently floating my boat: Lance Lopez's "Simplify Your Vision", Eric Gales' "Crystal Vision", and "Peace Machine" by Philip Sayce. All are pretty nuclear reactor hot as well. But "You & Me" is the reigning heavyweight champ right now, and I don't forsee any contenders anytime soon!

The best of the blues new-breed you simply MUST hear: Joe Bonamassa, Lance Lopez, Eric Sardinas, Wes Jeans, Mark Cook, Mato Nanji (Indigenous), KWS (when he wants to), Eric Gales, Tommy Castro........more to come.

I have been listening to alot of Joe Bonamassa.
and also Tommy Thunderfoot. he is a local guy and i have played with him every weekend in a row for the last 4 weekends and he is one amazing guitar player.  check out his site if you want something new. www.tommythunderfoot.net

sarah

"The World misses his music, but I miss my brother."
-Jimmie Vaughan

Of course You and Me.  Also some classic AD/DC Back in Black.  Other than those complete albums my recent iTunes most played are a pretty eclectic mix, from Jim Suhler (Graveyard Train, Bad News, Devil's Hand), Michael Katon (Boogified), Aynsley Lister (Hero), and Healing Sixes (Make You Learn), Green Day (Wake Me Up When September Ends), Bon Jovi (Have a Nice Day, Who Says You Can't Go Home), Ratt (Round and Round, Lay It Down), Yellowjackets (Imperial Strut), Robben Ford (Freedom, Red Lady w/ Cello, He Don't Play Nothin But the Blues, Nothing to Nobody, Rugged Road), Bloodline (Since You've Gone, Calling Me Back) . . .

I'm listening to Walter Trout DVD Relentless, Joe Bonamasa DVD live at rockplast, Robin Trower dvd Living out of time. All are great works of art

18 (edited by Stef 2006-04-27 13:21:35)

This week, I have mostly been listening to You & Me, along with some other gems such as:

Allman Brothers Band - Shades Of Two Worlds
Ginhouse (1971)
Santana - Live at Campo De Polo Argentina Radio Broadcast 09-03-06

smile

"The blues is just a good man feelin' bad"