Re: # 52 rides again..

guitarbob123 wrote:
jim m wrote:
Ted179 wrote:

Think I read in guitarist mag that a friend of Joe,s had two
of them and decided he didn't need two of them but Joe himself did
for other reasons but only Joe himself can confirm this!

I had ordered two kind of by accident and Joe had not received all the ones he needed to tour with from Gibson. He knew I had two. I sent it to him before he went in to the studio to record BOJH. There was some exchange of goods involved but it was entirley at random which guitar I had available to send. It happened to be #52 or it could of been #38 or for that matter any of the 300. It was #52 and has become his favorite LP.

That pretty awesome. So you used to own it. Does it play as good as it sounds. Thats pretty cool that Joe wanted to buy you're guitar though.

I am not exactly a player although I can strum a few chords. I never even played it. It was delivered to me and since I had already unboxed #38 I sent it to Joe without even unboxing it. He needed it in the studio when he got there. He had never even played it. What is cool is it isn't a guitar that was hand picked or culled through it was completely at random that #52 became his Pearly Gates.

jim m wrote:
guitarbob123 wrote:
jim m wrote:

I had ordered two kind of by accident and Joe had not received all the ones he needed to tour with from Gibson. He knew I had two. I sent it to him before he went in to the studio to record BOJH. There was some exchange of goods involved but it was entirley at random which guitar I had available to send. It happened to be #52 or it could of been #38 or for that matter any of the 300. It was #52 and has become his favorite LP.

That pretty awesome. So you used to own it. Does it play as good as it sounds. Thats pretty cool that Joe wanted to buy you're guitar though.

I am not exactly a player although I can strum a few chords. I never even played it. It was delivered to me and since I had already unboxed #38 I sent it to Joe without even unboxing it. He needed it in the studio when he got there. He had never even played it. What is cool is it isn't a guitar that was hand picked or culled through it was completely at random that #52 became his Pearly Gates.

Having it given by one of his best friends certainly makes it special in it's own right!

Happiness was owned by Joe @ the Iowa City show!
Looked & sounded Joe-rriffic!!!!
                         pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

jim m wrote:
guitarbob123 wrote:
jim m wrote:

Interesting to learn about #52's background... thanks!  52 happens to be my favorite number (and it pops up often in my life)... I've always wanted to mention that.  cool

--Vik  cool

All these stories of the history of these guitars is so cool to read.  It's great that Joe has friends and fans that are very loyal and willing to share their instruments with him.
Great to hear that your Fave is back in action Joe.  Please let us know how the show goes.  Thanks

big_smile   how cool is that story... thanks for sharing this info...
good to hear that it's up and running again...  smile

Cheers
PIT...  cool

Ted179 wrote:

Think I read in guitarist mag that a friend of Joe,s had two
of them and decided he didn't need two of them but Joe himself did
for other reasons but only Joe himself can confirm this!

Couldn't the friend also confirm it???  big_smile
No, not me!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

It is very special guitar to me. 

Have you ever had to change strings on your guitars?

The first string on the first "guitar" was a bowstring)