Re: Harrisburg, April 25

RickB wrote:

Chris, you will have more success getting one made. There are a ton of sources online that will do one for about 25 or 30 bucks. A suggestion for an official license plate holder with JB script has been requested for a while with no results. I got tired of waiting and had one made and in my hands in a week for 25. Many states do not allow a custom front plate. This is one.
No patience,
Rick

That's a shame, 'cuz word-of-mouth advertising is effective.  Thanks for the tip, 'cuz I definitely want one and am willing to pay for it! (hint hint)

You bring your guitar and I'll bring the wine.  - Little Feat

ChrisM wrote:
RickB wrote:

Chris, you will have more success getting one made. There are a ton of sources online that will do one for about 25 or 30 bucks. A suggestion for an official license plate holder with JB script has been requested for a while with no results. I got tired of waiting and had one made and in my hands in a week for 25. Many states do not allow a custom front plate. This is one.
No patience,
Rick

That's a shame, 'cuz word-of-mouth advertising is effective.  Thanks for the tip, 'cuz I definitely want one and am willing to pay for it! (hint hint)

I agree but the goods available other than tees, cups,etc. so far seem more guitar-centric. A plate or holder is out there 24/7 in front of millions but how many see a pick tin?
Just sayin....

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Lol, I don't know anything. I'm learning from everyone else. wink

ChrisM wrote:
Hombre wrote:

Chris here is a previous thread on license plates & frames. http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13056I'm Im sure Alex Jr. will read it.

Thanks, Hombre.  You know everything.    lol

Chris I might be able to make you a personalized plate.  Let me know what you would like and I'll see if I can make it happen.

Awestruck

Jane, if you are like me, I start off to take notes, then become mesmerized and refuse to give a moment's distraction to anything but the music. After the show, so dazed that memory fails.
Rick

Jane H. wrote:

roadshow, if you see this, would you please post the setlist if you don't mind. next time i promise i will take notes

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

I'm pretty sure its the same as recent set lists except "Steal Your Heart Away" was added. At least the same as the Wilmington & Keswick shows.

Thats cool if Steel Your Heart Away was added.

Doug

I know it was added but I'm not sure if it replaced another song.

srxman2001 wrote:

Thats cool if Steel Your Heart Away was added.

27 (edited by ChrisM 2010-04-29 12:03:37)

woofy777 wrote:

Chris I might be able to make you a personalized plate.  Let me know what you would like and I'll see if I can make it happen.

That is so cool, and very nice of you to offer.  Don't go to any trouble on my account, because RickB tells me there are online sources where I can have one made. 

Update:  Sorry to hog this topic in the wrong place, but I wanted to let woofy777 know that I visited the local airbrush artist today and gave him my concepts for what I want, and he's making a plate for me.  I went in a different direction, and I'm sorry to say it won't be an advertisement for JB, but it will be based upon times when I've seen him.  I used two of my favorite photos to put together a souvenir for myself of the Hot August Bluesfest and it will read what's on the stage there:  "Blues is the Truth" with a silhouette of a guitarist on the side.  Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

cathysiler wrote:

Finally..Don and Jocelyn!! We've been meeting at shows for years now!! Time to jump into this community!!!

You finally get your wish, Amsterhammer and Cathy! Don and Jocelyn are now online!

We actually saw Joe at the Keswick the night before, introduced two very good friends to him, after having been singing his praises (figuratively, not literally) for years. Then, the next evening in Harrisburg, our home turf, we brought six more never-before fans into the Bonamassa cheering section.

I know at this point I'm working against my own best interest. If we keep bringing more fans to Joe, it'll get harder and harder to score front row seats! But I can't help myself. A treasure like this must be shared.

And speaking of gems, Cathy, you are always such a sweetheart, and Amsterhammer/George, it is so touching to be welcomed into this community with such open arms.

Don&Jocelyn wrote:
cathysiler wrote:

Finally..Don and Jocelyn!! We've been meeting at shows for years now!! Time to jump into this community!!!

You finally get your wish, Amsterhammer and Cathy! Don and Jocelyn are now online!

We actually saw Joe at the Keswick the night before, introduced two very good friends to him, after having been singing his praises (figuratively, not literally) for years. Then, the next evening in Harrisburg, our home turf, we brought six more never-before fans into the Bonamassa cheering section.

I know at this point I'm working against my own best interest. If we keep bringing more fans to Joe, it'll get harder and harder to score front row seats! But I can't help myself. A treasure like this must be shared.

And speaking of gems, Cathy, you are always such a sweetheart, and Amsterhammer/George, it is so touching to be welcomed into this community with such open arms.

Hey you two, great that you finally signed up! Might I suggest a post in the Intro forum?

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Welcome to the forum Don & Jocelyn.

My wife (Gale) & I (Tim) were sitting right behind you at Harrisburg. cool

Don&Jocelyn wrote:
cathysiler wrote:

Well, the license plate came in today, and I really like it.  This was made across the street from where we had dinner before the Harrisburg show, at a little shop called Sneaker Villa.  The man who does airbrush art there is so talented.  I can't believe he got this much detail with a spraygun!  If you want to see it, here's the link.  This is based on the Hot August Blues Fest stage design plus a picture taken by a pro (I believe) named Sam Friedman.  I saw his photo of Joe on Flickr and just thought it was incredible.  (I gave credit to him 'cuz I asked for this sillhouette based on his pic.  There's a link to his work in case anyone is interested.) 

License to thrill (tee hee!):  http://www.flickr.com/photos/49741985@N … 002064988/

moemoephoto wrote:

I got the photos posted!

Enjoy: http://www.moemoephoto.com/?p=783

Oh, those are awesome photos.  I love numbers 24, 47, and 54.  Incredible!  Well, um... obviously your seat was better than mine, LOL (and your camera).  You rock!   cool

Thanks for sharing!

Jane H. wrote:

awesome photos moemoe and cool tag Chris.

still looking for a vid of So It's Like That from this show. checked out a couple youtubes of recent shows (many thanks to all the tapers) like Iowa and WV and neither had the same super smokin part i remember from Harrisburg. WV came close but i really wish i had the evidence

I feel the exact same way about Sloe Gin.  I saw the one posted from DC 2 nights before, and it's close... but not quite the same powerful way I heard it in Harrisburg.  Sure wish I could find it!  I think we had an AWESOME show!  Woohoo!

ChrisM wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

awesome photos moemoe and cool tag Chris.

still looking for a vid of So It's Like That from this show. checked out a couple youtubes of recent shows (many thanks to all the tapers) like Iowa and WV and neither had the same super smokin part i remember from Harrisburg. WV came close but i really wish i had the evidence

I feel the exact same way about Sloe Gin.  I saw the one posted from DC 2 nights before, and it's close... but not quite the same powerful way I heard it in Harrisburg.  Sure wish I could find it!  I think we had an AWESOME show!  Woohoo!

ChrisM, I took a video of Sloe Gin from the Harrisburg show. It was a very powerful performance, and even though I shake sometimes and have only a little 5 MP camera, I think it was pretty good. Problem is, I have no idea how to share my videos. I wanted to download it and other videos to my iPod Touch, but nothing ever works. I think it records it in a file format nobody else uses. If anyone else has a Panasonic Lumix and knows the trick, I'd be happy to hear it!

Don&Jocelyn wrote:

ChrisM, I took a video of Sloe Gin from the Harrisburg show. It was a very powerful performance, and even though I shake sometimes and have only a little 5 MP camera, I think it was pretty good. Problem is, I have no idea how to share my videos. I wanted to download it and other videos to my iPod Touch, but nothing ever works. I think it records it in a file format nobody else uses. If anyone else has a Panasonic Lumix and knows the trick, I'd be happy to hear it!

Don&Jocelyn,

I'm not familiar with this problem, as photos & videos import in one swift step from my camera.  I did a quick Google search to see if others have found an answer to your problem.  Not sure which model of the Lumix you're using, but hopefully you can find some help here:  http://club.myce.com/f147/pansonic-lumi … r-306675/.

I'm no techie, so when I need a fix for my PC or MP3 player,  I go looking for the fixes other people have been smart enough to find!  When in doubt, I Google.  (I LOVE Google!)       big_smile

Chris