1 (edited by Lui 2006-05-19 05:24:38)

Topic: stagefright

Good day everybody!
Maybe you can give me some advice how to calm down: When I play something I learned in front of someone who can do it better I get totally messed up and don't play it half as good as I could... sad  I thought maybe some of you've got some kind of cure for that? smile

Peace and Love!

Re: stagefright

I don't know how old you are, but experience on stage will help you to fight off the jitters. Hopefully you'll never get over the anxieties of hitting the stage... sometimes that's a real good thing to help inspire you to play better.

Thanks! I#m sixteen, and yet haven't had any gigs, but as I know how nervous I am playing in front of others ... yea, I'll have to practise, I guess!
smile

Peace and Love!

My son's orchestra teacher tells the kids to eat a banana about 30 or 45 minutes before a competition...........something in it will help calm your nerves. Arthur says it really does work.
Cion

Lui,

Try to enjoy when your playing , don't think about doiing it wrong or right you have to let your emotions in.
I am classical trained and did my first concert with an ochestra when i was 10 years old. Always got the shakes afterwards......A bit of nerves is good it can lift you up and always think good about yourself be convident....!!

Hey, I'm 13 years old. I play gigs around my town almost every weekend. I've pretty much gotten rid of my stage fright, but I still get a little nervous before the show. once I get to playing, I forget about the people and just get into the music. Once im loosened up, I dont feel nervous anymore.  I think im going to be nervous once im on the stage, but it just goes away. You have a great feeling when your up there. That's how it works for me anyway... hope that helps smile

peace

"The World misses his music, but I miss my brother."
-Jimmie Vaughan

Thanks to all of you!!

Peace and Love!