Re: Epiphone JB Les Paul

I'm interested in hearing the spec of this guitar. Will it have the burstbuckers, nylon saddles on G, B & E strings. Will it have the 12 inch radius? If it is just going to be a gold top with black hardware I would seriuosly consider looking somewhere else. Go with tokai or similar. The guitar needs to have some of the above mentioned features to make it attractive to me.

Fuzzblues wrote:

I'm interested in hearing the spec of this guitar. Will it have the burstbuckers, nylon saddles on G, B & E strings. Will it have the 12 inch radius? If it is just going to be a gold top with black hardware I would seriuosly consider looking somewhere else. Go with tokai or similar. The guitar needs to have some of the above mentioned features to make it attractive to me.

There is a post from Joe in this thread where he says it has burstbuckers. I wonder if they are Gibsons or an Epiphone equivalent (if they make them)?

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13751

Sounds good - might have to speak to the local Gibson dealer to see if they can get one to Oz!

I read somewhere on here (I think on the thread about the Vintage copy) that it will have burstbuckers.

Joe if you read this, thank you so much for licensing this Epi model, - this will so motivate my son and help him connect with one of his guitar idols (sorry that you are not the only one) and drive him on, - I will never forget the look of amazement on his face as you ripped through your set at Guilfest last year, and not a single word of complaint from him at standing in the rain for so long so as to get to be front row!

Look forward to seeing you at Hammie Odeon, - perhaps one of the numbers could be on the Epiphone??

smile

guitarbob, - my son also has an SG400, - was his first (more) serious guitar, a lovely piece of mahogany, - and in homage to a couple of his other heroes; Angus Young and Kelly Jones of the Stereophonics.

Ian

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

I'm definately in for an Epiphone JB Les Paul.  If it has Burstbuckers it should come in near the Slash signature models, pricewise.  What's the E.T.A. on these Joe?  Would've loved to get a Gibson, but I bought a traditional standard with all my sock drawer/stash money before I heard about them...   My sock drawer is refilling nicely enough to get an Epi, I believe! smile

23 (edited by RICjunkie 2010-04-28 20:06:43)

Epiphone has a history of using Gibson electronics on their high end guitars (the now discontinued "Elitist" series). The Elitists retailed for the better part of $1000 but they were closer to a Gibson than an Indonesian made Epi. I thought I read somewhere that the Elitists were made in Japan. I'm not familiar with any of the other artist series Epis (like the Slash model) but one of those may clue you in to what the JB Epi may be like.

Major Tom to ground control...

I will be buying one for my son. Not that he can play yet but he loves music. I think it would be pretty cool for us to have matching guitars.

Gibson Collectors Choice #6
Joe Bonamassa Custom Shop Goldtop Unaged 1st run
Alvarez Acoustic '95
Gibson Skylark GA5-T '65, Marshall JTM45 Reissue, Fender Princton Reverb '72, Modded Bugera V5, Fender Bandmaster '68, Marshall Silver Jubilee 2558

Does anyone know what the neck profile is going to like on the new Ephiphone Joe B signature LP?  I'm thinking since it's aimed at a wider (younger) market, it may have the slimmer 60's-style profile found on most of the newer Gibsons and Epis?  I tried out some of the Slash Epis at Sam Ash the other day - supposedly the neck is an asymetrical blend of the 50's and 60's profiles - but I found the thickness seemed to vary from guitar to guitar.  The Slash goldtop actually had the thickest feeling neck.  Is Joe's guitar going to include the nylon saddles found on his Gibson model?

Any news on that issue? I read somewhere It will be out in this summer... I definetly do want one as for the moment I can't afford the real thing...

These are about ready to hit the streets now, aren't they??  Any word on the pickups? Burstbuckers for sure? tongue

Still looking for this to debut.  The anticipation is wearing me out.  I'm hoping someone here will have a sighting soon. . .

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

dknight16 wrote:

Still looking for this to debut.  The anticipation is wearing me out.  I'm hoping someone here will have a sighting soon. . .

Agreed!  cool Definitely looking forward to getting one soon.

Please, call me Austin.
My Gear List

Haven't seen these yet.  Any official word?

First sighting for me....

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/epiphone-j … aul--78113

... a bit rich for me at the moment though sad

What The Fuzz ?!

Bye bye tokai. Hello epi. The neck spec looks awesome as does everything.

33 (edited by StewartW 2010-10-09 06:53:30)

Fuzzblues wrote:

Bye bye tokai. Hello epi. The neck spec looks awesome as does everything.

Price released from DV247.com for the Epiphone Joe Banamassa Gold top - £499.99 UK Price.

They have them coming into stock in 4-5 weeks time, I have pre-ordered mine today!! cool  cool  cool

Looks the biz, and for less that the cost of a standard Les Paul Epi, should look cool with my Vintage JBM and the Epi Joe Bonamassa model next to each other in the office, might even take them both out to gig with!

Have Fun and laugh like it's your first time! You never know you might get to like it! big_smile

That price is a misprint, no?   Good that they officially have Burstbuckers!  Only 1000?  Better hurry!  Any USA sightings yet??

Just pre ordered one too. Can't wait to get my hands on that neck.

Kinda Strange I thought when I called the GC in my area they never heard of Joe's LP made by Epiphone....
Matter a fact all those GC people and MF and that 123 place knew nothing??? Guess they are really all one company..
Felt it was strange knowing JOE B......does a lot of stuff with them....
Well anyway....I pre-ordered mine through AMS..
I don't have a clue when it will be shipped but either do they.....
I usually go see JB when he's around a 600 mile radius of my city...
When he did Artpark in Lewiston NY the peoples faces where like WOWWWWWWWWW
I'm and old man and have been watching him since he was like 12...Truthfully he's the best thing to happen to old closet blues players like mysef !!!!!!