Topic: Gary Moore @ Charlotte Street Blues 6th April 2010

Yes, I couldn't believe it either when I received the e-mail. Gary is playing the tiny CSB next Tuesday and I expect the £15 tickets to sell out like the proverbial hot cakes. They went on sale at midnight UK time and I've bought 6. I expect I may be very popular very soon.  lol

http://www.charlottestblues.com/categor … in-london/

Oh, and if you go, take your ear plugs.  wink  A common complaint at CSB is that the artist can't be heard over the chatting of the dtinkers. I doubt there'll be any competition when Gary's playing.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Re: Gary Moore @ Charlotte Street Blues 6th April 2010

Wooders wrote:

Yes, I couldn't believe it either when I received the e-mail. Gary is playing the tiny CSB next Tuesday and I expect the £15 tickets to sell out like the proverbial hot cakes. They went on sale at midnight UK time and I've bought 6. I expect I may be very popular very soon.  lol

http://www.charlottestblues.com/categor … in-london/

Oh, and if you go, take your ear plugs.  wink  A common complaint at CSB is that the artist can't be heard over the chatting of the dtinkers. I doubt there'll be any competition when Gary's playing.

Phil

...your a wise man Old Buddy!.... i`ll start the bidding!... a free cab home!...where the hell do you live?...lol!

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Bearing in mind there may be a rail strike in the UK next week, you may regret making that offer, Pete.  big_smile  The east coast is a long way from W1.  lol

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

I saw Gary today in Denmark St in Vintage & Rare Guitars. Was gonna go over and say hi (i met him after the shepherds bush gig in october last year) but i chickened out!

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

Wooders wrote:

lol   cool

Bluesbreaker wrote:
Wooders wrote:

lol   cool

Yeah, the talkers are a pain in the arse. Gary will drown them out that's for sure. Pity I can't be in London next week though.

Kenny

And if they don't shut up he won't have any qualms about telling them to do so, surly old cur big_smile  big_smile  cool

You Can Do Anything You Want To Do

8 (edited by Tripod 2010-03-30 19:59:57)

Anyone who is watching gary should shut up, listen and learn.  smile

Somebody tell Gary to cross the pond . We're havin' major withdrawls since all he seems to play is the UK and Europe. Is it true or folklore that Gary hates to fly? We'll pay for a cruise for he and the band to get here. I have started a campain for the next and final G3 Tour. I say final because there would be no reason after this mold breaking line up...Terry Robb, Joe Bonamassa and mister blister..Gary Moore. That would be a HOT ticket...Period!

Wooders wrote:

Bearing in mind there may be a rail strike in the UK next week, you may regret making that offer, Pete.  big_smile  The east coast is a long way from W1.  lol

Phil

...well if the said strike happens... get your backside over to Brentwood, Essex and you`ve got a free cab ride into London!... i ordered 2 tickets too!... thanks for the link!

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

KENTtheOREGONIAC wrote:

Somebody tell Gary to cross the pond . We're havin' major withdrawls since all he seems to play is the UK and Europe. Is it true or folklore that Gary hates to fly? We'll pay for a cruise for he and the band to get here. I have started a campain for the next and final G3 Tour. I say final because there would be no reason after this mold breaking line up...Terry Robb, Joe Bonamassa and mister blister..Gary Moore. That would be a HOT ticket...Period!

I don't think bonamassa has a very good relationship with moore nowadays... i'm just speculating, but i think that.

12 (edited by Bluesbreaker 2010-03-31 15:57:14)

mikeb wrote:

And if they don't shut up he won't have any qualms about telling them to do so, surly old cur big_smile  big_smile  cool

Oh yes -- I saw him do it using a vocabulary I don't care to repeat. Quite funny.  big_smile  Trouble was he was in a rotten mood for the rest of the gig but he played the most incredible 15-minute guitar solo I've ever heard.  cool

Edit: these talkers get on my nerves, as well. I pay some good money to hear a great guitar player not some bimbos discussing trivia. While we're at it: I also hate the "whoo-hoo" shouters and the high-pitch whistlers. I wish Gary would put these in their place as well.

Bluesbreaker wrote:
mikeb wrote:

Oh yes -- I saw him do it using a vocabulary I don't care to repeat. Quite funny.  big_smile  Trouble was he was in a rotten mood for the rest of the gig but he played the most incredible 15-minute guitar solo I've ever heard.  cool

Edit: these talkers get on my nerves, as well. I pay some good money to hear a great guitar player not some bimbos discussing trivia. While we're at it: I also hate the "whoo-hoo" shouters and the high-pitch whistlers. I wish Gary would put these in their place as well.

The thing with Gary is he uses that same choice vocabulary at his long term paying fans who ask him to play anything in his back catalogue pre 1990. I think after 15 minutes of the same guitar solo most people would be telling him to play something else, yawn. Yes, a class act Gary Moore. hmm

I've never seen Gary Moore live, but have tickets and am looking forward to it - hope Pete the Cabby brings his camera - love his vids!!!!! Looking at Gary's website, maybe this is just a warm up gig for his dates in Japan, Russia etc??? - his new album looks from the song titles to be pretty bluesy, so I guess he may well be airing tracks from that???? Roll on tuesday................

Lynnl, to be fair, asking for Nuclear Attack at a GM rock blues gig deserves admonishment.... wink

You Can Do Anything You Want To Do

Lynnl wrote:
Bluesbreaker wrote:
mikeb wrote:

The thing with Gary is he uses that same choice vocabulary at his long term paying fans who ask him to play anything in his back catalogue pre 1990. I think after 15 minutes of the same guitar solo most people would be telling him to play something else, yawn. Yes, a class act Gary Moore. hmm

It is well known Gary Moore can be moody. But that 15 minute solo (I'm not exaggerating) was not the same licks all over. Far from it. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever heard on an electric guitar. Honest. Although different in style, I think only our JB can touch Gary Moore.

17 (edited by JESSICAT 2010-04-01 12:28:37)

YES YES YES The threatened Industrial Action by signal-men has been overruled by a High Court Judge big_smile That means trains will be running and I should get to the gig. I have found a babysitter for my dogs (my son is coming over coz he knows how much I want my birthday present and I did get him a trip to Burning Man for his birthday!)

I won't be doing any pictures or videos though coz I know Gary doesn't like it.

If people are talking at the gig they should be thrown out. Obviously if it's a loud bit it doesn't matter but it's so rude to do it in those special quiet magic bits. - got a feeling it will be really loud as it's a tiny venue, I probably won't be able to hear for about 3 days afterwards.

I just hope Gary doesn't throw any tantrums and piss people off.

After all we don't pay £15 for a ticket (and the train fares etc) to be insulted. If he's rude for no good reason then I shall be rude back! yikes

TO LOVE IS TO LISTEN TO LISTEN IS TO LOVE

eldo56 wrote:

his new album looks from the song titles to be pretty bluesy, so I guess he may well be airing tracks from that????

Where have you seen the tracklist? Or are you referring to Bad for you Baby?
There's supposed to be another Blues album before he goes Celtic Rock. I prefer his Blues stuff.