Topic: Stephen Colbert Shreds the Decemberists

12-20 11:30 PM comedy central
cute little clip about it http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload … ideo=79559 probably shows commercial first.
I know he's not for everyone but he cracks me up!

Re: Stephen Colbert Shreds the Decemberists

HOLY MOLEY what a killer episode, the entire episode dedicated to rock and roll.! worth staying up to see, and it should air today at a few times, including 8:30PM eastern. You have to "get" Stephen to get the most out of it and for those who don't I can only say i do feel sorry for you because things this good and in my opinion important just don't come around often. Like Joe, I am extremely thankful for Mr. Colbert, both bring me good feelings that can't be acheived elsewhere...

you had to see it but I can tell you he had Rick Neilsen's guitar (see avatar), brought out PETER FREAKING FRAMPTON and Rick Neilsen joined the jam at the end!!!!!!!!

it was a glorious show, proof that rock LIVES and Stephen rocks.

my spirit meter is PEGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to metnion this episode of course would have been better if Joe were on. One of my dreams and I am still working on it, to get Joe on that show.
Very significant for these guitar heros to appear on that show,  hope you ask Peter and Rick about it Joe as I know you are friends with them.
Priorities......you can't please all the people so maybe following their lead in this other way will bring you more than you can imagine.

**just my opinion**

4 (edited by Deezer 2006-12-21 10:27:00)

Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart make for the funniest hour on tv right now. Great line from last night's Daily Show: Bush held a press conference in the Indian Treaty Room, to which Stewart remarked, "...because you can trust any President in the Indian Treaty Room."

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Thanks for the heads up Jane, I'll be setting my Tivo to record.

I love the Colbert Report...best show on TV.  It has replaced the Daily Show for me...used to love it, but has gotten a little too pretentious for my liking. Oh well.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

Thanks for the reminder Jane. I couldn't hang late enough to watch it last night, but The Report airs at 8:30 PST nightly. I hope my high school alum Mike Bellotti will have coached his Oregon Ducks to a victory vs. BYU down in Vegas by that time. I heartily agree that Stephen Colbert is about the funniest thing on the boob tube these days. He kills me with his staunch right wing/ republican views with tongue planted firmly in cheek. Hope you're feelin' better.

J Dawg

They say we don't know what we hold in our hands,

Till we let it go and leave it behind

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

The show was the best he's ever done. Unfortunately the Ducks really stunk it up in Vegas. If they were smart they beat it over to see Joe live so the trip wasn't a total loss.

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

I caught part of the rerun last night and I am pretty sure Stephen said that Rick Neilsen wrote the Colbert Report theme song, which is what they all jammed to at the end. thats cool
remember that, I am sure it will turn up in trivial pursuit "the new millenium" in 20 years or so.