Topic: Frank Zappa cd set. Shut Up and Play Your Guitar

I have this 3 cd set I got from my Uncle that passed recently. cd. 1 Shut up and play yer guitar, cd. 2 Shut up and play yer guitar some more and cd 3 Return of The shut up and play yer guitar. I couldnt believe this set when I listened to it!! Its all of Franks guitar solos from shows he did back in the 80s. No singing at all. this is an incredible journey of guitar work. I did not know Frank could jam that good! The two cds I listened to sounded like listening to Jeff Becks Freeway Jam only continous, so if this is your cup of tea, I highly recommend this set!

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

Re: Frank Zappa cd set. Shut Up and Play Your Guitar

zosozep7 wrote:

I have this 3 cd set I got from my Uncle that passed recently. cd. 1 Shut up and play yer guitar, cd. 2 Shut up and play yer guitar some more and cd 3 Return of The shut up and play yer guitar. I couldnt believe this set when I listened to it!! Its all of Franks guitar solos from shows he did back in the 80s. No singing at all. this is an incredible journey of guitar work. I did not know Frank could jam that good! The two cds I listened to sounded like listening to Jeff Becks Freeway Jam only continous, so if this is your cup of tea, I highly recommend this set!

Rob

Thanks for the heads up.
Frank Zappa is a genius, excentric but a genius.
I saw him here in Green Bay, I won't say how long ago, but someone threw a joint on the stage and he just went balistic. He went into a rant about not doing drugs, but then stated he'd be more than happy to collect any bras that anyone wanted to donate. Then went on playing like he never missed a beat, just like nothing happened.  Cracked me up!
I just remember being amazed that we could be so lucky in our little corner of the world to have him come to play here. 15 bucks for a seated concert too. Crazy...

Julie in Green Bay

Re: Frank Zappa cd set. Shut Up and Play Your Guitar

There's one called "Frank's Final Guitar Solo" which is awesome. Psychedelic.