Re: New Kenny Wayne Sheppard cd coming in January

In reference to zosozep's post on the new CD/DVD, it is available for pre-order from Amazon for $20.99 and will be released on January 23rd.

Looks good to me. Time for a pre-order. It kind of reminds me a little of the Martin Scorsese's Blues series that was on PBS and was released on DVD also. Great stuff. Not to everyone's taste, but watching Son House play bottleneck was worth the whole series.

I checked our local PBS station to no avail for KWS's 10 Days, but I may put in a request. smile

Nothin' but the Blues

Hey Joe-You being a class act is just one of your qualities that has made me a blabbermouth about you!!!  It's also your fault that I'm addicted to this forum!!!  I can never stay away too long!!

I've been a Kenny fan since I saw him with you on the B.B King 80th Birthday tour.  I'm looking forward to checking this documentary out and it is very important for the younger guitarists to lead the way in keeping the blues alive.  I know this is a sidetrack, but I hope it's OK.  Over the weekend I watched "Amedeus" (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart) with one my children who had to watch it in order to write an English paper.  Amazingly, so many things, in a different musical genre so many years ago reminded me of the current situation in the blues...  At one point, Amadeus was commissioned to write an opera by an archbishop's monarchy and a panel of dignataries were discussing some features etc.  Up to that point, operas had only been written in Italian and to get anyone beyond that it could be done differently was an incredible challenge... as in overcoming the set way, which was the only way they knew.  It was written in German and a huge success...everyone just needed  to be exposed to it with an open mind.

I was just turning the pages of Guitar World Acoustic this morning and saw Kenny has a half page ad for Benito Guitars, saying he plays the 3,000 year old Chilean wood acoustic guitar.  The guitar in the photo is beautiful!  Even though I don't think of Kenny as an acoustic guitarist, this is the second guitar company that I know of that has featured him, Martin being the other, had a signature KWS guitar designed for him. On the opposite page is a full page photo of Raul Midon playing a Larrivee.  (He's got long fingernails on the one hand, I think he may be a spanish-style player? I'm not familiar with him)  Anyway, this had me thinking about your upcoming acoustic CD...I just have all sorts of good vibes about it!!  Best of luck with that, keep us posted; we are all really excited about it and we love when you post!!!

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I hear from Donnie ( who was there when they filmed it) that its great..  My hats off to Kenny for documenting guys like Henry Townsend, Gatemouth and my friend the King!!  I am glad its finally coming out.  Congrats to Kenny on this. Very important for the future of the blues.  ( Remember my New Years Resolution) Bring it to the Kids! Joe Bonamassa

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

21 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2007-01-11 12:56:31)

I enjoy KWS music. very entertaining. Noah Hunt is a nice person as well.

I remember hearing Shame, Shame, Shame by KWS back in 95 or 96 on my local rock station. I was a fan since. I saw him opening up for Aerosmith. Even as a 16 yr old back in 1996 - I said "if Kenny can stay away from smokin, drinkin, and drugs, he may actually live to be something big without burning out" I'm not one to talk about Stevie Ray, but that is one good lesson to get from him.  I dont buy that 'you gotta live the blues to play the blues' crap. Thats an excuse and not a reason to chemically abuse your health. But it sounds like KWS is cleaned up.

Bryan Lee is someone I could turned on to by way of KWS. I found out he grew up in Wisconsin about an hour from where I did. I sat down and talked to him for maybe 30 minutes. He is like the grandfather you can never get away from! It seems he lost a lot of stuff in the hurricane in NO...lot of vintage equipment from his basement. But a very gracious guy, just happy to be making a buck doing what he loves.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

22 (edited by Redhouse 2007-01-11 13:42:11)

NPB_EST.1979 I agree, living the Blues don't mean you to be F'ed to do it.  I'm looking forward to seeing this, I dig Kenny and all his albums.

Hey everyone including Joe, check out this Amazon site! http://www.amazon.com/Days-Out-Blues-Ba … mp;s=music

You can buy the KWS and You and Me together! Kind of cool!

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

Jane, thanks for the info on that Barnes and Noble! Two bonus tracks sounds good to me!

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

From Barnes and Noble. Thanks, Jane.

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/wbr/ken … ul_700.wvx

ITS FINALLY OUT!

I was wondering if it would beat GnR's Chinese Democracy...........!

Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Beautifully done!

"There is nothing to it.  You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself."---Johann Sebastian Bach

I bought it yesterday for $25 from Barnes & Noble...came with a Bonus CD!
sweeet.