Topic: What would you like to hear live from you and me

I know, all :-) but this will never happen

I hope Joe will include

so many roads
highwater ( it was included into the first uk gigs last time, but now its gone :-( )

cheers Ralf

Re: What would you like to hear live from you and me

Django would be good and an extended version of Palm Trees.

So Many Roads!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great song for a live performance!

David wrote:

Django would be good and an extended version of Palm Trees.

I'll 2nd that!!!  Plus "So Many Roads" & "Tea For One" & "Asking Around For You".

L8r... John

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

Don't know yet. Don't own it. Waiting until the 6th. It's like pulling teeth, but I'm a poor college kid, and I want my money to go to Joe's sales here in the US, so I'm playing the waiting game. I'll just say Bridge To Better Days since that's the only one I know.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

So Many Roads- hands down first choice

Asking Around For You- awesome song

Your Funeral My Trial (I'm a dreamer!)

I LOVE "You and Me"-I honestly can't believe how great it is, can't stop playing it!!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

I'd like to hear the entire album live. I can't just pick ONE or TWO songs off it - it's ALL excellent!

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

Well I love "Bridge" in the set, it floored me when I first heard it at the IMAC. And "Asking" kinda' made my eyes a little misty with how purely emotive and beautiful it was. So I hope those two stay in the set, and are joined by some of the uppity "blues party" numbers like, "I Don't Believe" and "Your Funeral & My Trial". And even though "Blues Deluxe" is my favorite Joe slow blues, I will gladly take a helping of "So Many Roads" also!

The best of the blues new-breed you simply MUST hear: Joe Bonamassa, Lance Lopez, Eric Sardinas, Wes Jeans, Mark Cook, Mato Nanji (Indigenous), KWS (when he wants to), Eric Gales, Tommy Castro........more to come.

Come one,

we have 108 registrated users and only 7 answered the question. 101 are missing!
I will count and post the result 4 points for the first 3,2,1 points for the followings.

ralf

Your Funeral My Trial - in Vegas with LD sitting in

Normal set I'd like to see(hear) So Many Roads

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Have heard 'Bridge....' and 'Asking Around.....' a couple of times now and they are a good fit but would love to hear/see 'Tea For One' live. Not sure who should be on vocals though.

Come on I want Joe to read this thread 8 results that looks like you and me is not soooo good .......

now we have ( 4 points for the first 3,2,1 for the next )

So many roads 19 points
Asking around for you 10 points
Bridge to better days 8 points
Django 8 points
Your funeral and my trial 7 points
Palm trees ... 6 points
Tea for one 4 points
Highwater 3 points
I dont believe 2 points

ralf

13 (edited by jubbins 2006-04-23 20:06:01)

OK...
I would like to see/hear them all live at some point or other, and I know ralf... you already burst that little bubble, but I guess if I HAVE to choose...
Right now I would say my choices from first to last ( Asking and Bridge lower in preference only because I've already seen them done live and would like to get a chance to see others):

1-Tamp Em Up Solid (simple but beautifully done, can't beat a simple Joe and his guitar)
2-Torn Down
3-Your Funeral and My Trial  (WITH the harmonica)
4-Palm Trees (LONGER Please-???)
5-High Water Everywhere
6-So Many Roads
7-I Don't Believe
8-Django
9-Asking Around For You
10-Bridge to Better Days
11-Tea for One

Tomorrow could be different... I've only listened to the cd twice so far, my cd player in the car is messed up sad
Think I'm in an acoustic mood.
Great string!
Thanks for starting it
Julie in Green Bay

14 (edited by svendsenp 2006-04-23 21:02:17)

I wouldn't mind hearing Tamp Em Up Solid. I'm not to fond of any of the other songs. Might be nice to hear Joe sing Tea For One, though.

Would be nice to hear Reconsider Baby or Pain & Sorrow sneak back in the setlists.

svendsenp wrote:

I wouldn't mind hearing Tamp Em Up Solid. I'm not to fond of any of the other songs.

Funny how different people can have such different tastes.  Out of all the songs "Tamp..." is the only one that DOESN'T thrill me.  ALL the others are amazing though!!!

L8r... John

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

I Don't Believe

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

Since Bridge and Asking Around are already in the rotation, I'd say Palm Trees, Tea For One, and/or So Many Roads would be at the top of my list.  And Django of course, but I wonder since it's so produced how and if Joe could get something approaching the cool tones and effects live or if it'd lose something in the translation?

What about "Tamp Em Up Solid"????