Re: Marshall Silver Jubilee 2x12

It is a great deal.  A good friend just got a head unit for 1800.  I got a chance to play it and it is the most stellar amp i have ever played.  Of course if you want to save money I just came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pwlMPChb94

there is one on ebay now (no relation).

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars:62 LP SG , 02 FB VII, JB FB I, 76 Electra Omega, 64 Firebird V, 73 LPC, 61 Custom Tele, 59 and 60 Melody Maker
Effects: Mythos Chupacabra, Strymon Deco/Flint

1200... is a good deal.   the 2x 12 have never been my favorite but its a Jubilee.  They all have a unique sound to them.  I would buy it considering at the last guitar show I found one for 2500 with the tag that said as used by Slash, Black Crows and Yours truly.  When I asked him if that was the best price he said that " Joe Bonamassa was gonna buy it if I didnt"  Eishhhh!!!!!!  So buy it and enjoy in it my opinion. 
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

1200... is a good deal.   the 2x 12 have never been my favorite but its a Jubilee.  They all have a unique sound to them.  I would buy it considering at the last guitar show I found one for 2500 with the tag that said as used by Slash, Black Crows and Yours truly.  When I asked him if that was the best price he said that " Joe Bonamassa was gonna buy it if I didnt"  Eishhhh!!!!!!  So buy it and enjoy in it my opinion. 
Joe B

I'll bet Joe B. was really glad that you didn't buy that amp out from under him! Great seeing you on the Lopez show last night. Looks like the audience got the best deal, since you kept going through the breaks.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

When I asked him if that was the best price he said that " Joe Bonamassa was gonna buy it if I didnt"  Eishhhh!!!!!! Joe B

lol  lol  lol  lol
A million $ for the sellers face....

Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Interestingly enough the couple on ebay last I checked had the same darn "As used by Slash, The Black Crows and Joe Bonamassa".  Probably the same guy; otherwise it is time for Joe to trademark that ummm... slogan?

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars:62 LP SG , 02 FB VII, JB FB I, 76 Electra Omega, 64 Firebird V, 73 LPC, 61 Custom Tele, 59 and 60 Melody Maker
Effects: Mythos Chupacabra, Strymon Deco/Flint

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Joe, you're killing me....LOL  Love the story....ok I will not jump to a definite finallity on not buying it just yet....ugh!!!  LOL

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

I owned one a few years ago...

A few things:

I didn't feel these 50w was very loud...I ended up cranking it (which is good) in band practise, but I wanted more if I needed it.
The 25w step-down was a waste of time - sapped the thickness and bass and gave me no more in anything, even push.
One handle for that amp?! ONE?! It weighed a ton and though it had castors, I dreaded taking it up flights of stairs.
I didn't like the 2x12 design (mine happened to come with one G12-75 and one V30 as I remember) - it seriously lacked bass (bass always on 9 anyway)...and outputting it to my THD 2x12 made it sound otherworldly (reason being why I still keep that cab).

It looked very nice.
Thank god it had castors.
I bought mine for £600 back in 2005 (sorry Joe, but anything you touch now does turn to gold).
The voicing was superb and any OD seemed to perfectly add to the sound. You could just get to "there" very easily.

After all this, the only reason why I sold it was I needed a ticket to a very special concert in 2007 (I ended up selling it for £800 - could have got nearly £1000 now it seems - crazy prices - I cannot find a 100w head to save my life).

So in the end....BUY.

My 50 Watt 2553 Jub isn't that loud either, even with the 4x12 my Brother in Laws JCM 800 50w was much louder and so is my 68 Bassman. But it does sound awsome!

Joe can't wait to see you in Phoenix I have 12 row seats I am beyond excited!

Too late.  While all this bantering was going on I bought it.  Sorry. smile

A 2555 SJ in great shape just sold on ebay for $1850.  There is currently a 2553 and a 2555 up for sale that appear to be in good condition, starting at $900 apiece. If you're in the market for one check em out.

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe