Re: jb's delay settings

mickieblue wrote:

It's a bit odd that Joe uses the 'better' modded DD-3 just for the theremin and normal stock one for his guitar.  I thought it would have been the other way round.  It's still great that he uses some equipment that everyone can afford.  Still not sure whether to go for the Keeley version or not. Decisions, decisions.:D

If you can afford the Keeley version and are only having one DD-3 I'd go for the expensive version. The added switch lets you have the stock pedal or the keeley mods.

Re the Theramin v Guitar. The last I heard Joe uses the DD-3 in the Jubilee.  The Jubilee is always complimented by one other amp so I guess it gets slightly hidden by the other amp (The DD-3). The Theramin is very bright and high, to my ear the Keeley mod stops the highs getting too bright by loosing a bit of the high end on each repeat so the mod is probably more noticeable in this situation. Just my thought.

Which Keeley mod?  Or both?  Just got a DD3 to run through my Jub just for leads (use tap tempo dd6 for rythym),  debating the loop and analog or just the analog.  Loop allows you to effect (affect? hate that) just the repeat (useful?) and I am sure the analog would be just a whole lot warmer.

Where the hell does one get a black-backed gold top anyway?

I have the DD7 and when I have everything at 12 o'clock I just don't get the kind of delay that Joe has. How many ms does the DD3 have when set at 12 o'clock: 50ms, 200ms, 800ms, or 3200ms?

I have a couple of Keeley DD-3's.  One has the loop feature and the other doesn't.  I never use the loop feature.  I would recommend just the analog mod.  The DD-3 has a max of 800ms delay.

Partial2Marshall wrote:

Which Keeley mod?  Or both?.

Sorry the UK supply only seems to have both mods, hadn't realised you could just have the "analog" switch without the loop. Mine has both but I've never even tried the loop - didn't get a cable with it. For me once I tried the analog position against the stock position it's never left the analog setting  - takes out some of the high end brightness on the repeats and seems so much smoother but it's not a massive difference and would be more audible on a Strat through a clean F...er amp than a Les Paul through a TS into a Marshall. Hence my comment that it's probably why Joe uses one on the Theremin but doesn't bother on the Jubilee

I got a good ebay deal for a mint pedal and didn't pay much more than a new stock DD-3 would cost, so I was happy!!

Pete

put it thru the loop....For leads, I think I am in love.  Thanks for the answers, not sure if I am gonna keelyize it yet or not.

Where the hell does one get a black-backed gold top anyway?