Topic: Supergroup

Hey Everybody,
           I just wanted to mention that the Supergroup show was just advertised to premier on Sunday and not Thursday the 18th.  We were told that it was the 18th but I just saw a commercial for the show that said it would be Sunday..  Sorry for the confusion.  So to some up,  it maybe Thursday but most likely Sunday now.  Enjoying the time off til next week. First show with my mentor and friend BB King.  I cant wait..
Joe Bonamassa

Re: Supergroup

I'm checking both nights just in case, Joe. Congratulations on the show!

Hey Joe.  Looking forward to the VH1 show!  Have fun Hanging With The King.

I was listening to "Riding With The King" yesterday w/ B.B King and Eric Clapton and I got to thinking, Eric should slide on over in that big black cadillac and let you take the wheel, making it 3 generations of bluesmen and record "Riding with The King II"!!! The question is, what guitar would you throw in the car??? I think the Gigliotti, they already brought the Fender and the Gibson.

Can someone help me with the directions to get the "Riding With The King" CD cover picture inserted to the left (aviatar)? I hate to beg one of my kids to do it for me, should have asked on Mother's Day!  Now if I could borrow one of Phil's smileys, I'd put it here!!!
Thanks.

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

yikes

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

SuperGroup is definitely premiering on Sunday the 21st.  I saw a 10 minute or so trailer for it the other night, plus I'm seeing the commercials for it all the time the last couple of days (I watch way too much VH1!)

The show is on 10 pm eastern/ 9pm central.  Can't wait to see it, Joe!!

Fire up the Tivo's!

This is going to be cool. I got to thinking, a lot of fans that would be right up Joe's alley will tune in. Ted Nugent. Scott Ian of Anthrax. Yeah, a lot of fans that would lilke Joe will be tuning in. Righteous!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Thanks for the update Joe, will be looking forward to it for sure.  Need to make sure I get the TIVO programmed for it.

Music is good for the Soul...

Can't wait Joe!

GW

***   "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..."   ***             Ozzy Osbourne

Can't wait...  Hope it leads to a "Bridge To Better Days" !!

10 (edited by Rocket 2006-05-20 08:30:46)

Angela wrote:

Hey Joe.  Looking forward to the VH1 show!  Have fun Hanging With The King.

I was listening to "Riding With The King" yesterday w/ B.B King and Eric Clapton and I got to thinking, Eric should slide on over in that big black cadillac and let you take the wheel, making it 3 generations of bluesmen and record "Riding with The King II"!!! The question is, what guitar would you throw in the car??? I think the Gigliotti, they already brought the Fender and the Gibson.

Can someone help me with the directions to get the "Riding With The King" CD cover picture inserted to the left (aviatar)? I hate to beg one of my kids to do it for me, should have asked on Mother's Day!  Now if I could borrow one of Phil's smileys, I'd put it here!!!
Thanks.

My vision would be to have a ghostly apparition of Elvis at the wheel, John Hiatt riding shotgun, Eric, Joe (in the middle), and BB (right behind Elvis) in the back seat, tailgated by a car driven by Elvis'1956 Gibson SJ-200N, John's Gibson 1947 LG-2 riding shotgun, and Blackie, Goldie, & Lucille in the back seat!!! The insert could be Elvis as an angel on a (blue sky) cloud in blue jeans and leather jacket with those senior citizen starstruck sunglasses and a harp (not a harmonica harp) while the living kings are in prison stripes by an Adopt-A-Highway sign (European & others friend-an anti-litter campaign in America whereby groups make a comittment to remove litter from a designated section of highway) saying "Adopted by The Prisoners of Love & Other Lost Songs" with hundreds of perfectly good guitars "littering" the roadside being picked up by them....

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Hi Rocket,
I think your version is a little more psychedelic with a Frank Zappa undertone, or something...LOL.  This is a picture from Amazon of the album cover.

4th picture down- "Riding With The King"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=br_ … &Go=Go

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Angela wrote:

Hi Rocket,
I think your version is a little more psychedelic with a Frank Zappa undertone, or something...LOL.  This is a picture from Amazon of the album cover.

4th picture down- "Riding With The King"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=br_ … &Go=Go

Yeah I'm familiar with the cover...

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Wait?  Joe is on the Super Group show with Ted Nugent?  How did this happen?  I thought it was just those 5 guys

Jane H. wrote:

as far as we know for now Joe recently had a private jam session with Ted Nugent. It happened in vegas where this show was filmed. Joe may be on part of this Supergroup show but we don't know exactly or which episode. last night was the first and I am pretty sure #2 airs next Thursday? The jam session with Ted may also be aired on one of Ted's own shows we hope. anyone with corrections or more info please let us know

That's about it. As evidenced by Joe's own post to this forum and the lead story on his official website, both Joe and his Management were under the impression that Joe would be appearing on the premier episode of this mini-series. I must have spent 2-plus hours this morning answering emails (some not so pleasant) asking why Joe wasn't on the show, and complaining about being made to sit through an otherwise unpleasant program.

I think everyone understands that Joe is not one of the main characters in the mini-series and/or "The Supergroup" per se. It is my understanding that the footage of Joe jamming with Ted at the Sandollar Blues Club in Las Vegas was to be, or will be, written into the storyline of one of the episodes of this series. When I checked in with Faye this morning she advised that they were waiting to hear back from VH1, and would let us know as soon as she knew anything.

When I learn anything new I'll pass it along!

Thanks, Stu

Maybe Nugent might have some pull to get him on the show. Ted you out there? smile Here's the storyline: Ted's driving his Hummer and he's got Joe playing on the stereo. Bonham is with him: "Hey, who's that guy?!" Ted: "That's a fantastic guitar player some lady turned me onto at one of my shows." His name's Joe Bonamassa. Even if he got his name out there, that would be something.

Stu Craig wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

as far as we know for now Joe recently had a private jam session with Ted Nugent. It happened in vegas where this show was filmed. Joe may be on part of this Supergroup show but we don't know exactly or which episode. last night was the first and I am pretty sure #2 airs next Thursday? The jam session with Ted may also be aired on one of Ted's own shows we hope. anyone with corrections or more info please let us know

That's about it. As evidenced by Joe's own post to this forum and the lead story on his official website, both Joe and his Management were under the impression that Joe would be appearing on the premier episode of this mini-series. I must have spent 2-plus hours this morning answering emails (some not so pleasant) asking why Joe wasn't on the show, and complaining about being made to sit through an otherwise unpleasant program.

I think everyone understands that Joe is not one of the main characters in the mini-series and/or "The Supergroup" per se. It is my understanding that the footage of Joe jamming with Ted at the Sandollar Blues Club in Las Vegas was to be, or will be, written into the storyline of one of the episodes of this series. When I checked in with Faye this morning she advised that they were waiting to hear back from VH1, and would let us know as soon as she knew anything.

When I learn anything new I'll pass it along!

Thanks, Stu

Just a quick update, no new news on the missing Joe footage...I guess Premier is still waiting for a response from VH1...

Stu

I programmed my DVR to record ALL NEW editions. It shows that the original program will air 18 more times between now and May 30th. It did not show another new version in that same time frame, so dodge the reruns.