Topic: Guitarist Magazine-UK Fans

I was wondering if any of the UK fans could give us any details about the current issue where Joe is featured on the CD.  I know he was invited into the studio back in February after Guitarist discovered Joe through the Rockpalast DVD.  One of my UK friends sent me a short e-mail with limited detail. 

"Guitarist magazine which says..."this is your new guitar hero". The DVD that comes with the mag has a 'masterclass with Joe and some footage of the Rockpalast DVD. Very impressive too, I'll be buying it this week. Any idea what the guitar is that he's using? It's a translucent sunburst Telecaster-ish shape. the finish looks like mother-of-pearl but it can't be. Also, could you find out how he gets such a fat sound from the single-coil pick-ups on that guitar? Sorry about the questions but I thought that if anyone could find out it'd be you. Also, my new band are going to cover Joes 'Current Stuation', hope he won't mind."

Anyone have any feedback on the fat sound?  I told him about the Signature DVD and that Tonequest article...

OK, is it just me or is anyone else having FUN watching a rising star?????? Please, don't let me feel like I'm taking my "Tea For One" again!!! I know I'm a little dramatic sometimes, but is this exciting...OK, I'm hanging my cheerleading outfit back up in the closet! Later!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Re: Guitarist Magazine-UK Fans

Hi Angela!
My lack of funds at the moment prevent me from making any purchases - even a paltry magazine couldn't be justified. Shame, as I would like to hear it for myself.
Trouble is, I'm trying to save money to see Roger Waters live at the Arrow Rock Festival in Holland next month & I need every penny for that.
If I find anyone who's bought a copy, I'll be sure to beg, borrow or steal it for you.  wink

"The blues is just a good man feelin' bad"

Re: Guitarist Magazine-UK Fans

Hi Stef,
When we get our copy, we'll send a copy to you, if you don't come up with anything. There is a delay time between it coming out in the UK and the US. E-mail me your address and I can send you some of the upcoming articles in the guitar magazines here. Thanks Stef and I hope you get to see Roger Waters.  Do you own Obscured By Clouds?  I know so many Pink Floyd fans that are missing that album in their collection.

It seems like some of the UK fans are discovering Joe for the first time through the Rockpalast DVD and this current article. Also, all seem very curious about the Gigliotti guitar Joe plays. The consensus on the Gigliotti amongst employees at one music store in London was "unique"  "awesome" and "stunning".  I have to agree, the finish is really special. I'm just thinking, I should see if they have a DVD player to have the Rockpalast concert playing in the store.

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/