Re: Joe's Black Strat from ANDY DVD for sale

The Crossroad charity is a Fantastic Idea

Almost thought of auctioning it off where some proceeds go to your Blues Foundation.

Not sure if you want to do something official, sponsored auction.
I'm not stuck on the price ..... whatever

And those frets have seen some action :-)
I am not a vintage fret guy, I was wondering how you played them.
Or if those were your typical fret size. Eric Clapton apparently specs them ????

if only i had a few grand spare, would snap it up in an instant hmm

Gear;
Guitars - Fender lite Ash Strat w/Seymore Duncan single coils, Gretsch Electromatic, Ibanez Electro-Acoustic, Westfeild Explorer.
Amp- Peavy Rage 158
Pedals - Behringher Overdrive, Chorus & Delay

Joe,

I want to add something about the discussion that is going on around guitar you owned or signed and that people sell to make money then (I AM NOT talking about you Rick, your price is OK)...

Because I live in Spain now (though i'm french) and i've become naturally fan of Joe recently; unfortunately i didn't know about him before he played in Madrid.

I am a huge gibson fan also so the signature model is one i would dream playing and owning but as you all knows it is not easy at all find one because it was limited at 300 pieces if i'm not wrong.

Well looking in Europe i found 2 gibson bonamassa signature:

1) First one:

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/msg/1465408049.html

THe price is obviously very low for the guitar but still i wrote and it is a scam asking me to pay the guitar while it is in the mail ...

2) sencond one on ebay in spain:
http://cgi.ebay.es/GIBSON-LES-PAUL-JOE- … 2ea93aedaa

The guitar has been signed by you Joe after the concert and it's selling for 4599 euros ($6835) which is insame in my opinion ... and nothing will go to any association i guess, it's just business around someone getting famous

Well I am quite anoyed because i was really interested in getting this model but i guess i'll have to wait a possible reissue or something.

My dream would be the same with a 60 neck because i have small hands.

Anyway just my contribution to the thread and discussion, i hope it doesn't offence anyone here, i just wanted to share my desilusion with joe signature model sad

Well, if you decide to sell one of yours Joe, just let me know, we could surely come to a deal, with some money for charity ... jajajajja

Thanks Joe for sharing your time with us here when you get a chance.

Mica.

JBLP #214 very proud owner smile

Do you think the favour EC did was play at the Royal Albert with Joe??

I definitely want to have a 90's Lace era Clapton strat in my collection one day, and what a cool version to have...if only I had $$ to spend on all these guitars.

mickieblue wrote:

Do you think the favour EC did was play at the Royal Albert with Joe??

Yes.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

i love strats....great guitars and i have owned several over the years and currently own an eric johnson signature model.

with that said and with all due respect to those who disagree with me.......there is no way in hell i would pay 4 grand for any strat.

that guitar could have been dipped in eric clapton' blood......used by jimmy page in the toilet to write a few zeppelin songs......played a couple of times by david gilmour on the last pink floyd tour and then handed to joe after eddie van halen spent a day with it..........and at the end of the day it is still a strat.....a great guitar but a strat.  i would have a real hard time ever spending more than $1500 on ANY strat.

my gag point on about any guitar is about $3000 and find that to be ridiculous in all honesty but i have done a couple of times.

i understand that in essence you are paying a prememium because of who owned and played it but i would still have a hard time pulling the trigger on a 4k plus strat of any kind.

Alrighty Then

I guess you won't be shopping here

http://wildwestguitars.com/fhome.htm

or here

http://wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/fe … s/59strat/

Rick wrote:

Alrighty Then

I guess you won't be shopping here

http://wildwestguitars.com/fhome.htm

or here

http://wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/fe … s/59strat/

nope....past my gag point......very beautiful guitars and i love fender stuff but not at that price.:D

Rick wrote:

I've decided to sell it .... then change my mind
decided to sell it .... changed my mind
at least a bazillion times

Every time I watch the youtube's, or DVD ... I change my mind

This time I listed it with my eyes closed cool

Rick you kept your word and gave me first refusal. For that I Thank You. I wish I had the money as I would have grabbed it up in a heartbeat, unfortunately as I told you I had family issues this month that drained my savings. I have promoted your auction as much as I know how. Hopefully you'll get your price. Don't let it go for peanuts. Keep it.

Stay Safe
Spider

Spider wrote:

Rick you kept your word and gave me first refusal. For that I Thank You. I wish I had the money as I would have grabbed it up in a heartbeat, unfortunately as I told you I had family issues this month that drained my savings. I have promoted your auction as much as I know how. Hopefully you'll get your price. Don't let it go for peanuts. Keep it.

Stay Safe
Spider

Thanks for your help Spider

I'm not going to give it away for peanuts .....

Or if I do, 3 boxes of Planters, and it's yours  smile

pit_s_xroad wrote:

... though in the very early years all ECs had beenn made by the custom shop, but I do not know for a 94/95 one...

You may be right about early Claptons being "Custom Shop" type guitars but it didn't show in the one I just sold... SE8..... serial number (1988) would have been an early model and it had the worst neck pocket fit I've ever come across.  Guess it took some skill to get the neck in the right position though. You could store thin picks in the gap between the neck and the body.

The neck was a couple of mill narrower at the body than the contemporary American Strats. '57 Neck width in a '88 neck pocket would describe the situation. Custom Shop or Pick N Mix??

My guess is that once Fender realised it was a winner they made it more of a full production guitar and sorted things out.

So, in my opinion the mid 90's versions were probably better made than the very early ones made for retail customers.

Pete

31 (edited by pit_s_xroad 2009-11-26 13:31:27)

Pete59 wrote:
pit_s_xroad wrote:

... though in the very early years all ECs had beenn made by the custom shop, but I do not know for a 94/95 one...

You may be right about early Claptons being "Custom Shop" type guitars but it didn't show in the one I just sold... SE8..... serial number (1988) would have been an early model and it had the worst neck pocket fit I've ever come across.  Guess it took some skill to get the neck in the right position though. You could store thin picks in the gap between the neck and the body.

The neck was a couple of mill narrower at the body than the contemporary American Strats. '57 Neck width in a '88 neck pocket would describe the situation. Custom Shop or Pick N Mix??

My guess is that once Fender realised it was a winner they made it more of a full production guitar and sorted things out.

So, in my opinion the mid 90's versions were probably better made than the very early ones made for retail customers.

Pete

Hi Pete,

sorry to hear this sad  ...I have an 89 guitar and it's made very well... can't complain... the neck even has some sweet mellow flames...

maybe they really had to sort things out... your 88 guitar must have been one of the very first batches, since this model was realesed that year...

Greetings
PIT... smile

Looks like it sold, I wonder what it went for?

The guitar was also listed on the Gear Page

I did indeed sell outside of ebay, for a confidential amount (sorry)

It is in the hands of another Great Fan

It's nice to pass it on, it's a really cool piece to own.

Cheers

Rick wrote:

The guitar was also listed on the Gear Page

I did indeed sell outside of ebay, for a confidential amount (sorry)

It is in the hands of another Great Fan

It's nice to pass it on, it's a really cool piece to own.

Cheers

Good to hear that it is in good hands.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

It is my old one indeed.  I traded it for a custom shop guitar way back when.. I had used it pretty much through my early days. Is it work 4k.. who knows. Its a stock EC strat that came in on trade at my dad's old shop in Clinton New York.  The case has been rittled with stickers that are not mine though.. Again its changed hands a few times.. 
PLAY GIBSON or MUSICMAN.. LOL
Joe

Joe, do you remember the year of your old Clapton Strat? I revisted the ANDY DVD this week and your tone was sick!! As always of course

Thanks, Josh

36 (edited by DougH 2022-01-18 18:27:31)

josh m wrote:

Joe, do you remember the year of your old Clapton Strat? I revisted the ANDY DVD this week and your tone was sick!! As always of course

Sadly Josh, you'll never get an answer.
Joe stopped visiting this forum (yes his own forum) way back in 2012.
Hasn't been here to answer questions all this time

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)