Topic: Joe's Black Strat from ANDY DVD for sale

Piece of JB History up for grabs, Guess that will interest a whole load of Bonapeeps/guitar afficianados
if i had the Moolah thats the one fender i'd like

......................... Michael

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Stratocaster … 439b82d23e

That's a nice Christmas Prezzie

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Re: Joe's Black Strat from ANDY DVD for sale

Nice!!! big_smile

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

ahlala ... if i was a strat guy, i would jump on this one ...

let's dream of the day someone sells the Gibson JB signature Joe was playing at the RAH, i would pay 4000$ to get it jajajajaj

And you, how much would you pay?

JBLP #214 very proud owner smile

I guess the guy decided to sell it didn't he?

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Is THAT what that topic was about a couple months ago?

"how much would you pay for JB's black strat from the dvd?"

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

If I only had the money.....Maybe I'll get lucky and Joe will let his Esquire go and I can get that one day. roll or Goldie? cool

Is it an Artist model or a custom shop??

Just saw another video and realised it is a Artist model.  Sounds amazing in Joes hands.  I've got the 'better' Custom shop version and can't get it sounding anywhere near as good as that in my opinion.

My honest opinion is that it is still just an EC Sig, although JB played it. Don't get me wrong,  but this guitar has not written relevant musical history, such as Jimi's or Eric's Strats. Let us wait another 10 years to see how JB developps and what guitar he will play then. Currently his Gibson Sig is more of a guitar that can write "history" :-)

10 (edited by Deezer 2009-11-20 18:12:35)

Jimi75 wrote:

My honest opinion is that it is still just an EC Sig, although JB played it. Don't get me wrong,  but this guitar has not written relevant musical history, such as Jimi's or Eric's Strats. Let us wait another 10 years to see how JB developps and what guitar he will play then. Currently his Gibson Sig is more of a guitar that can write "history" :-)

Yeah, but in terms of Joe fans, this guitar is very important. It was his main guitar, so to speak, during that period, proven by the fact that it is all over ANDY Live. That guitar means a lot to me. The first I heard of Joe was through that guitar when he played A New Day Yesterday on that dvd. What a tone he got out of it.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

It is my old one indeed.  I traded it for a custom shop guitar way back when.. I had used it pretty much through my early days. Is it work 4k.. who knows. Its a stock EC strat that came in on trade at my dad's old shop in Clinton New York.  The case has been rittled with stickers that are not mine though.. Again its changed hands a few times.. 
PLAY GIBSON or MUSICMAN.. LOL
Joe

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

Is THAT what that topic was about a couple months ago?

"how much would you pay for JB's black strat from the dvd?"

Yeah exactly. He said he wasn't gonna sell it.

Jimi75 wrote:

My honest opinion is that it is still just an EC Sig, although JB played it.

Ever see Pawn Stars? People always come in with stuff that belonged to certain people, or ones that were "in the presence" of famous people, and it doesn't make the item any more valuable when the customer thinks it does.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

That's me that's selling it.

It is Joe's

It is a Signature model, and sounds fantastic
Better than the Custom Shop version I have, mainly due to the pickups
It does rock

It's hard to put a price on Artist Guitars
I felt that if I asked any less it would be dissin Joe

It is huge to me also, as ANDY DVD was the first I saw of Joe
I can't justify owning as many guitars as I have right now, some have to go

I don't think the price is out of line At ALL

I've sold quite a few Star Guitars
One of Richie Sambora's sold for over $10,000 with multiple offers
I used to own this one, It was a Todd Kraus Master Built which helps

http://rick-connelly.com/rs1/rs3.html

This is one of Joe's early guitars.

What do you think Jeff Becks Oxblood Les Paul would sell for ?
Clapton's Fool SG ...
Santana's SG

It's actually worth more to me
There's just a time to pass them on
Enjoy the history of it

mickieblue wrote:

Is it an Artist model or a custom shop??

wow, cool...  smile

in 1995 only one version was available... there was no custom shop version (has been released in 2004)... with today's view it would be an Artist series, though in the very early years all ECs had beenn made by the custom shop, but I do not know for a 94/95 one...

However for me it's a voodoo guitar big_smile because it is the guitar with which I got to know Joe in this old video... and I have been blown away instantly... how could one sell such a gem... hmm

Hope it finds a well deserving respectfull  home...

Greetings
PIT...  smile

I've decided to sell it .... then change my mind
decided to sell it .... changed my mind
at least a bazillion times

Every time I watch the youtube's, or DVD ... I change my mind

This time I listed it with my eyes closed cool

17 (edited by pit_s_xroad 2009-11-21 00:17:14)

ah you're the one... you're on-board here...
well so you're going through hell and back now... tongue;)
...what will you feel when have to let it go REALLY... big_smile

anyway good luck... cool

Greetings
PIT... smile

Rick..
      Its a guitar that makes a thud..  I was mine at one point.. Its no big deal.  Dont beat yourself up.  If you brought it to me I would sign it.  All I ask is a small proceed go to the Crossroad charity.  EC did me the uber solid favor of a lifetime this year.  So I encourage everybody who can donate to his foundation.  I hope the guitar brings the money you ask.  Its a good one.  I still have the silver matching back up with better frets somewhere...  I wore those ones down a bit. It was my main E flat guitar. I couldnt sing as high in those days.   That guitar represents  alot of miles in the van.  That guitar brings back the best memories and the worst really.. Those tours were as brutal as they were exciting.   Remember at that time..  I had to work exceptionally hard to struggle.. 
Best to Blackie!!!
Joe B