Re: Joe's Les Paul action

yeah that could be it also, maybe joe could drop in and tell us what he's going for at the moment,

package with wound g string or individual strings and wich one would be nice :-)

yes you can buy ernie ball strings individually and make your own sets.

I have 9's on one strat, and 11's on the other.
10's on all Gibsons with topwrapping.

"variety is a spice of life - I like wide selection!" - Banky (Chasing Amy)

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Been tempted to try the "build your own" string set thing. Can't stand anything but an 11 on the bottom anymore. Just seems...plinky. Sorry Joe, gotta blame you for that one-the joeB LP came with them and now I use them on everything. 52 is a chunky bottom though. Had to throw those on a baker that had neck relief issues, that combined with baking the neck..long story.

Anyway, they had that set on the shelf-not sure what brand it was-since we decided to try it over the phone, but it is out there in some brand. I like the gibson reissue or DR blue strings-pure nickel just seems warmer to me. Top wrapping is another standard I got saddled with from the les paul forum a few years back.

Speaking of saddles, I really like those plastic ones. I've tried the graphite ones, and those are okay, but the plastic takes a little more bite or harshness out of the string. Tried the JoeB ABR-1 on my 339 for grins-loved the tone, need to find more of those saddles.