Re: JB Custom Les Paul Candy Apple Blue, is this for real?

The Chicago Blue ones are brighter. I think they have some flame to them as well. Candy apple blue is much darker since the blue is the candy coat, meaning its transparent or translucent basically and sprayed over a darker color. I was never a fan of blue guitars in general, particularly the brighter blues. But I always liked the pelham blue SGs... go figure!

38 (edited by Adrian J 2012-07-12 01:52:54)

Re: JB Custom Les Paul Candy Apple Blue, is this for real?

helrazr84 wrote:

The Chicago Blue ones are brighter. I think they have some flame to them as well. Candy apple blue is much darker since the blue is the candy coat, meaning its transparent or translucent basically and sprayed over a darker color. I was never a fan of blue guitars in general, particularly the brighter blues. But I always liked the pelham blue SGs... go figure!

Indeed they are a deeper/richer blue and, on the Traditional at least, do have some flame. I'm thinking that one of those with the plastic parts swapped from cream to black would look awesome...though I understand not everyone liking blue guitars!!

Ultimately though I'll try all the Traditionals I can get my hands on and pick the one that feels and sounds the best - regardless of the finish...

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet