Re: JB Custom Les Paul Candy Apple Blue, is this for real?

I seriously want that guitar, price is high, put in an offer, but so have 2 others. oh well

Smellybum5150 wrote:
RusScagell wrote:

There's one at Guitar Village (.co.uk), but its 'Ex-Repair', so it was damaged. But MAN I want one, lol.

Rus

The one in guitar village is showing as sold - shame I would have had that, the US one will betoo expensive by the time it arrived at my place with customs etc.

If heartaches were nickels, I'd have 35 cents!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =383604393

Hi there,
I'm the lucky owner of the Blue VOS you saw on eBay big_smile:D:D
It's a killer all the way ! Curiously, its serial # is over 270 !
This Candy Apple Blue is in reality clearer than shown in the auction. It's more a Candy Apple "turquoise".
Anyway, a beautiful guitar.
Joe, did you get any of these four units ?
Any aged CAB's to come ? wink
All the best from Madrid !

ypersonne wrote:

Hi there,
I'm the lucky owner of the Blue VOS you saw on eBay big_smile:D:D
It's a killer all the way ! Curiously, its serial # is over 270 !
This Candy Apple Blue is in reality clearer than shown in the auction. It's more a Candy Apple "turquoise".
Anyway, a beautiful guitar.
Joe, did you get any of these four units ?
Any aged CAB's to come ? wink
All the best from Madrid !

Congrats!  Would love to see picts here or on mylespaul.com smile

Hi guys, I'm new to this board but would appreciate any help!. I came across a dealer that has a NEW JB BLUE candy Apple for sale - $3900.00. He says there was only 25 issued. I saw the paperwork but could not find any certificate of #. Any ideas? . . . is this a good price?

TIA!

SJA :-)

SJAZ wrote:

Hi guys, I'm new to this board but would appreciate any help!. I came across a dealer that has a NEW JB BLUE candy Apple for sale - $3900.00. He says there was only 25 issued. I saw the paperwork but could not find any certificate of #. Any ideas? . . . is this a good price?

TIA!

Where? Got a link?

Sorry Spider, not on a website. I just need to decide if it's worth buying or not at that price. If I don't, I'll be glad to post the dealer's # for others that may be interested in it.

SJA:-)

SJAZ wrote:

Sorry Spider, not on a website. I just need to decide if it's worth buying or not at that price. If I don't, I'll be glad to post the dealer's # for others that may be interested in it.

SJA:-)

Do you remember its serial number ? This could help a lot. Did you see this kind of COA too ? Here are some pics of #280 :
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/y … 1_4975.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/y … 1_4944.jpg

26 (edited by SJAZ 2010-11-24 16:28:46)

I think he said it was a Custom Shop JB . Had black top-hats, no pick gaurd, and did not have Joe's name on it anywhere I saw. On the head was the # 7    XXXX

SJA

SJAZ wrote:

I think he said it was a Custom Shop JB . Had black top-hats, no pick gaurd, and did not have Joe's name on it anywhere I saw. On the head was the # 7    XXXX

SJA

Ok... you're talking about the CAB RI 57 Limited Edition. 25 units worldwide, it's right. BUT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE 5 GENUINE CANDY APPLE BLUE JOE BONAMASSA SIGNATURE ! I posted a pic of one 100% original, incl. COA and back of headstock to make the difference. You'd better avoid this seller...  wink

28 (edited by SJAZ 2010-11-24 16:56:35)

So this isn't a good buy?

SJAZ wrote:

So this isn't a good buy?

Music Zoo is currently selling one of the 25 RI 57 in CAB finish for USD4.299. I saw one months ago on eBay for less but Steve Stevens purchased it. You can get one for less, so USD3.900 for a RI 57 in CAB finish, it would be apparently a good deal.

But I wouldn't buy anything from a seller that just doesn't tell the truth. That's my opinion... and I share it !  wink

I'm not going to say anything bad about this dealer. I've been doing business with him for 20 years now and have NEVER got a bad deal or been mislead by him. Me, not being familiar with any Gibson equipment at all (dedicated Fender guy all my life), I am probably to blame for misunderstanding what he was telling me about the guitar. Hell, I didn't know who JB was until last month! . . . boy, have I missed out on his talent!!! . . . So now I want to try a Gibson and frankly didn't know where to start. Money is not so much the issue, but quality is important to me. That's why I've posted for others input on the matter.

YP, can you post a link to Music Zoo with that listing page? I've searched and could not find anything on CAB RI 57 Limited Edition.

TKS :-)

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/1029 … ion-Candy/

Thanks Spider, it looks like I'd be getting a fair deal then.

SJAZ wrote:

TIA!

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Isn´t that the one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_ewIpDubRg

Great Song and Vid btw;-)

Well now I want a blue LP....hey they do the Traditional in Chicago Blue....hmmm maybe.

Very nice JBLP you got yourself!!

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet