Re: The NFL - National Football League

ohiodawg13 wrote:
Bill S wrote:

I say the Packers can beat the Seahawks. I'm not saying they WILL, but they have a pretty good team and are certainly capable of it.

Sorry Bill, but I see Seattle steamrolling their way to a boring Superb Owl(a Colbertism) win. I hope the food is good at the party!

Time For Some Baseball!!!

J Dawg

Hey, I'm from Chicago. My two favorite teams are the Bears and whoever is playing the Packers.
I'm also a realist. Both teams are 12-4, which means the Seahawks have been beaten 4 times already. There are no sure things in the NFL, especially at this point in the season.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Packers had the game if it wasn't for the inept play calling. McCarthys prevent offense really paid off. You can't run up the middle twice then try a 3 yard pass when you need to burn time off the clock. Oh well it was a pretty good season.

I will first off give the Hawks kudos!!......but that choke job by the Packers will go down in history, I never thought I could react so favorably for one team (GB)......the Pats brushed the Colts aside like crums on the table.

Is it baseball time yet??

sniff wrote:

Packers had the game if it wasn't for the inept play calling. McCarthys prevent offense really paid off. You can't run up the middle twice then try a 3 yard pass when you need to burn time off the clock. Oh well it was a pretty good season.

I am no fan of Mike McCarthy. That set of play calls was inexcusable!  His time management skills have always been lacking.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Shredit wrote:

I will first off give the Hawks kudos!!......but that choke job by the Packers will go down in history, I never thought I could react so favorably for one team (GB)......the Pats brushed the Colts aside like crums on the table.

Is it baseball time yet??

I hear ya Shred, PLAY BALL!!!! BTW, Albert Cummings at the Powerhouse this Sunday @ 3PM $10 hope to see you there!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

BarbieD wrote:
sniff wrote:

I am no fan of Mike McCarthy. That set of play calls was inexcusable!  His time management skills have always been lacking.

That looked like a Charger prevent-win defense. Major league choke!

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

BarbieD wrote:
sniff wrote:

Sorry, but blaming the coach is BS. They were up by 12 points with 5 minutes left AND THEY HAD THE BALL. How about one of the players makes a play on that wounded duck 2 point conversion OR...how about somebody actually catches the onside kick. Maybe the bonehead that fumbled the ball should have stuck to his assignment and BLOCKED!
Ask 100 coaches if they'd be happy to be up 12 points with 5 minutes left AND THE BALL....you get 100 "hell yeahs". If you don't want McCarthy in GB, we'll be happy to take him in Chicago.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

I think the biggest blunder was the last INT and falling on the ground with 5:04 left on the clock. I've seen replays and Russell Wilson might have been the only guy with a shot to stop a pick 6.

OH! The Humanity!!!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Patriots 28
Seahawks 24

MVP Tom Brady

Shredit wrote:

Patriots 28
Seahawks 24

MVP Tom Brady

If that's true, then we're in for a predictable yawner. Personally I could care less for these 2 teams, I'm in it for the food and my numbers comin' up on the pool.

Win, Lose, or Tie
                                                                            Ohio Fan Till I Die!!!

J Dawg

1,649 (edited by sally12333 2015-02-01 22:25:55)

Shredit wrote:

Patriots 28
Seahawks 24

MVP Tom Brady

WOW.  You're good, Shred!

How are you with the stock market??

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

1,650 (edited by Shredit 2015-02-01 22:39:43)

Coach "Peter" Carroll made the bone head call, cant stand the man! 49er fan till I die, so I went with Brady (the 49ers were his team as a kid) and the Pats.
Stock Market?....fuggetaboutit ...LOL!

1,651 (edited by ohiodawg13 2015-02-01 22:58:19)

Shredit wrote:

Coach "Peter" Carroll made the bone head call, cant stand the man! 49er fan till I die, so I went with Brady (the 49ers were his team as a kid) and the Pats.
Stock Market?....fuggetaboutit ...LOL!

Seriously doubt that Pete the Cheat had anything to do with that play call, most likely their O.C. or Wilson decided that one, but the dumbest thing I've ever witnessed in a game of that magnitude. I doubt anybody in Green Bay felt sorry for the Seahawks.

Play Ball!!!
                                                                                   Baseball that is!!!

J Dawg

Rusty wrote:

Just for the record, the Patriots will be the Superbowl Champs this season.

Wow, that's a smart guy right there!

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

I remember when Pete Carroll was the coach in New England. A local analyst used to call him Poodle Pete since he wouldn't call a game very aggressively and always wafted back and fourth in tough situations. Back when I thought Drew Bledsoe was destined to be the best QB of all time.

How things change.

Bledsoe ended up being quite mediocre as a QB. Brady on the other hand was not highly regarded, a sixth round draft pick who seized the opportunity when Bledsoe got injured. In his first year starting as QB he led his team to the championship.

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Rusty wrote:

Bledsoe ended up being quite mediocre as a QB. Brady on the other hand was not highly regarded, a sixth round draft pick who seized the opportunity when Bledsoe got injured. In his first year starting as QB he led his team to the championship.

Oh I remember. Been a Pats fan all my life.

I think Bledsoe was too much trying to do the same thing that Dan Marino did, but the Pats had a suspect O-line for a while that didn't suit him. For as much as he gets made fun of for being slow, Brady has always been more mobile and athletic than Bledsoe.

jackfossett wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Oh I remember. Been a Pats fan all my life.

I think Bledsoe was too much trying to do the same thing that Dan Marino did, but the Pats had a suspect O-line for a while that didn't suit him. For as much as he gets made fun of for being slow, Brady has always been more mobile and athletic than Bledsoe.

And Bradys post season numbers are about as good as it gets, where Bledsoe seemed to choke.

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP