Re: The NFL - National Football League

murfdog wrote:

I just could talk football all day, but I would just like to get right to the point and tell everyone how much I just can't stand the Cowboys...I really am not much of a hater, especially when it comes to other sports and college sports, but I just absolutely am repelled by "America's Team"...Where did they get that moniker? I think not !! Anyway...I dislike them so much, I actually like to watch them lose more than I like to see my favorite teams win...Seriously. I'm sorry...I feel really bad...no, actually not...please...who is my favorite team? The last one who beat the Cowboys...whoever that might be...Hey..look at it this way...I'm pulling for like.... what... 31 other teams...Oh, and one last thing...Please lose, Cowboys...please

I know a whole lotta people that feel the same way!!!

Go Browns!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

1,622 (edited by Angela 2014-11-12 23:33:19)

LOVE your post murfdog! big_smile They are definitely one of the best teams in our division, I am an Eagles fan. I hope we can make you happy on Thanksgiving.

I recently read something about how the hardcore Cowboy fans have been outpriced and can no longer afford to go to games in their new fancy stadium. Kinda' sad if you ask me. Not sure where that "America's Team" came from either.

murfdog wrote:

I just could talk football all day, but I would just like to get right to the point and tell everyone how much I just can't stand the Cowboys...I really am not much of a hater, especially when it comes to other sports and college sports, but I just absolutely am repelled by "America's Team"...Where did they get that moniker? I think not !! Anyway...I dislike them so much, I actually like to watch them lose more than I like to see my favorite teams win...Seriously. I'm sorry...I feel really bad...no, actually not...please...who is my favorite team? The last one who beat the Cowboys...whoever that might be...Hey..look at it this way...I'm pulling for like.... what... 31 other teams...Oh, and one last thing...Please lose, Cowboys...please

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

murfdog wrote:

My disdain for the Cowboys dates back to the 70's, when they had some pretty good teams, somehow became dubbed "America's team", and oozed arrogance.
They have been irrelevant for awhile, enough so that I can barely raise a mild dislike.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Well I justed watched a yawner in the desert and it looks like the NFC road to the Super Bowl will run through Seattle if the Seahawks beat the Rams next week. My Browns showed more signs of life than the past few seasons, but we were eliminated last night thanks to the choke job the 49ers put on against the mediocre Chargers. Making it to week 15 before elimination for the Browns is a milestone, but the QB situation is a major topic once again. Johnny football has shown nothing to warrant his moniker to this point, and so it goes!

Woof! Woof!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Well I justed watched a yawner in the desert and it looks like the NFC road to the Super Bowl will run through Seattle if the Seahawks beat the Rams next week. My Browns showed more signs of life than the past few seasons, but we were eliminated last night thanks to the choke job the 49ers put on against the mediocre Chargers. Making it to week 15 before elimination for the Browns is a milestone, but the QB situation is a major topic once again. Johnny football has shown nothing to warrant his moniker to this point, and so it goes!

Woof! Woof!

J Dawg

It could be worse J Dawg...you could be a Bears fan, lol.
I thought they were going places after last year. One of the best offenses in the league and they appeared to have shored up their D. Then Guys started dropping, but that happens to every NFL team. Cutler deserves his share of the blame, but it seems like fans and writers are laying all of it at his feet, which ain't right.
I have never seen a team in such disarray. I think the entire coaching staff needs to go.

Bolts thank the Niners for the gift but this 3rd string won't cut the mustard even if they beat the Chiefs. Somehow they keep dodging bullets after I'd written them off mid season.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Bill S wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Woof! Woof!

J Dawg

It could be worse J Dawg...you could be a Bears fan, lol.
I thought they were going places after last year. One of the best offenses in the league and they appeared to have shored up their D. Then Guys started dropping, but that happens to every NFL team. Cutler deserves his share of the blame, but it seems like fans and writers are laying all of it at his feet, which ain't right.
I have never seen a team in such disarray. I think the entire coaching staff needs to go.

I feel your pain Bill!

Bill S wrote:

opping, but that happens to every NFL team. Cutler deserves his share of the blame, but it seems like fans and writers are laying all of it at his feet, which ain't right.

I'm a Packers fan, but I would agree.  Cutler does make mistakes, but he also has some upside and wasn't really the reason for most of the Bears' problems.  The team really took a nose dive this year.

Trestman and Emery fired today.
Now the Bears can spend the next few years digging out from their ineptitude.

Trestman seems like a nice man, so I feel sorry for him to some extent...but I think even he would agree it was the right decision.

Chargers did what was to be expected. No O line made for a long bruising day for Rivers.
Rick

Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Paybacks are a biotch huh Dallas! Anybody think the Seahawks can be stopped?

Emerald City Dominance!

J Dawg

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Paybacks are a biotch huh Dallas! Anybody think the Seahawks can be stopped?

Emerald City Dominance!

J Dawg

No, the Seahawks cannot be stopped. I'll be rooting for my Packers but I'm a realist and know that they will not make it out of Seattle with a win. The most I can hope for is that they don't embarrass themselves. Note to defense - PLEASE SHOW UP FOR THE GAME, that is, the WHOLE game! I'd prefer they lose now rather than blow the big one anyway.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

I live in the England and this is my first season of watching NFL on UK TV. The Packers have impressed me the most and I would like to see them go all the way.

The team I've chosen to "follow" is the Vikings because my wife's father was born in Minnesota so I'm looking forward to a better 2015/16 season. Teddy Bridgewater looks like he could be a good Quarterback.

I say the Packers can beat the Seahawks. I'm not saying they WILL, but they have a pretty good team and are certainly capable of it.

I'm looking forward to a good game. I think it's a tossup. Whichever team shows up to play hardest can win.
Rick

Bill S wrote:

I say the Packers can beat the Seahawks. I'm not saying they WILL, but they have a pretty good team and are certainly capable of it.

Sorry Bill, but I see Seattle steamrolling their way to a boring Superb Owl(a Colbertism) win. I hope the food is good at the party!

Time For Some Baseball!!!

J Dawg

Just for the record, the Patriots will be the Superbowl Champs this season.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

GO PACK GO !!