Re: Blues Alley shows 11-4-06

pmroy wrote:

Check out my full review of Joe's incredible November 4th, Blues Alley show at
concertdvdreviews.com

Very nice written review, congrats!

Hey Jane,

I've wondered this too...

Maybe Melissa or Carl has a recording on the Hendrix set?

Jane H. wrote:
bmwwilson wrote:

Haven't seen anyone chime in about Friday's shows so I guess I'll add this here. Saw the late show Friday, definitely a one of a kind. Love Blues Alley, it is a great place to see Joe. The main set (if I recall correctly) :

Takin' the Hit
Walk in My Shadows
Blues Deluxe
Bridge to Better Days
Mountain Time
Just Got Paid
Woke Up Dreamin' (solo Acoustic)

Then Joe said they were looking for a way to change things up since they were playing 2 shows in the same place 4 nights in a row. So "for the first time" they played his "twenty-six and a half minute version" of Are You Experienced? The set included :

Are You Experienced
Foxey Lady
Manic Depression
The Wind Cries Mary
I Don't Live Today
Fire
...and one more for some reason I think I'm blanking on....

It was really unique, a great way to finish us off. A cool change of pace and a really awesome re-arranging of the album. I know there are some great tapers on this site and Jane has hooked me up in the past (very generous).....if anyone comes across a recording of this great night, let me know.

I wonder if there is a recording of this somewhere......it would be 11-3-06 set 2 Blues Alley Washington, DC or Georgetown

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

21 (edited by airportdon 2012-08-16 09:24:37)

Angela wrote:

Hey Jane,

I've wondered this too...

Maybe Melissa or Carl has a recording on the Hendrix set?

Jane H. wrote:
bmwwilson wrote:

Haven't seen anyone chime in about Friday's shows so I guess I'll add this here. Saw the late show Friday, definitely a one of a kind. Love Blues Alley, it is a great place to see Joe. The main set (if I recall correctly) :

Takin' the Hit
Walk in My Shadows
Blues Deluxe
Bridge to Better Days
Mountain Time
Just Got Paid
Woke Up Dreamin' (solo Acoustic)

Then Joe said they were looking for a way to change things up since they were playing 2 shows in the same place 4 nights in a row. So "for the first time" they played his "twenty-six and a half minute version" of Are You Experienced? The set included :

Are You Experienced
Foxey Lady
Manic Depression
The Wind Cries Mary
I Don't Live Today
Fire
...and one more for some reason I think I'm blanking on....

It was really unique, a great way to finish us off. A cool change of pace and a really awesome re-arranging of the album. I know there are some great tapers on this site and Jane has hooked me up in the past (very generous).....if anyone comes across a recording of this great night, let me know.

I wonder if there is a recording of this somewhere......it would be 11-3-06 set 2 Blues Alley Washington, DC or Georgetown

Cool Joe played Hendrix....that would be a great recording.....:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........