Re: Joe B takes delivery of the dreaded F word guitar..

Wow Rocket you're on a roll this morning!

I'd like to think that when Joe steps out on stage in Cork holding that Strat, Rory will be watching from the great beyond and grinning from ear to ear!

Is there a date set for this show as of now? It's not listed yet on the tour page. If it's next year I might be able to make it.

Major Tom to ground control...

38 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2009-06-09 17:24:59)

richp wrote:

I can't picture "Little Wing", "Bridge Of Sighs", or even "Pain And Sorrow" being done on anything else but a Stratocaster!

I played Voodoo Chile on my les paul once when I first started gigging out, and I can admit it did feel weird. It's much easier to channel Jimi with a strat, so that's what I've been doing. But I'm coming around to the point where I think it'd be cool to do on a LesPaul again to show that I can put my own stamp/tone on any song and show that it doesn't bother me that much that I'm not using the same rig as the original musician.

There's only so far you can go until you have to draw the line. A Rory Gallagher VOS sounds like the closest you can get. That said, I'm not about to buy lefty pickups to have the poles upside down to mimic a lefty guitar strung upside down (Hendrix style). Buying a Monterey strat is a different story. The Fender Kool-Koil spiral guitar cables seem cool enough to try out. I digress. big_smile

I AM REALLY GLAD that Gibson had the recognition to grant Joe Bonamassa a signature model... The club of signature LesPauls is a bit more exclusive than those of the strat sig models.  I'd love to hear the story about how the Gibson proposal began and developed!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

39 (edited by Spider 2009-06-09 19:20:29)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey Everybody,
          I feel I need to come clean and announce that I have taken delivery of my very beautifully done Rory Gallagher Stratocaster made in March of last year.. It is fantastic and a beautiful tribute to a wonderful guitarist.. I bought it because I am playing the Cork Opera House this year in Cork Ireland.  Dave and I have some special plans for this guitar..It will not be stock in a months time... But Fender did a wonderful job with this one.. Gotta give credit were credit is due.. Its a great strat.. highly recommended for fans of Rory.. 
Something they can learn from I guess.. LOL
Joe B.

Does this mean you'll be bringing "Goldie" back from exile and into the line-up? I sure hope so. Maybe we'll at least see you with a Strat at the HAB show?!!!

Stay Safe

Spider wrote:

Does this mean you'll be bringing "Goldie" back from exile and into the line-up? I sure hope so.
Stay Safe

I seem to remember...the gold strat was donated to a hardrockcafe or rockandroll hall of fame or something comparable to one of those places.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

"The club of signature LesPauls is a bit more exclusive than those of the strat sig models."

True. The ONLY thing that makes it so exclusive is the COST of being a member!! The price of Gibson signature models has gottem waaay out of control. Beyond the means of your average weekend warrior musician !

"One of Chuck's children out there playin' his licks"

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Spider wrote:

Does this mean you'll be bringing "Goldie" back from exile and into the line-up? I sure hope so.
Stay Safe

I seem to remember...the gold strat was donated to a hardrockcafe or rockandroll hall of fame or something comparable to one of those places.

Goldie is at the R&R Hall of Fame. Donated or On Loan? One is very different from the other. I guess Joe will need to answer which it truly is.

I tried a RORY STRAT and really liked it but could not justify the £2500 price tag. but look forward to hear ing Joe play a Strat even for one show.

I dont think I have heard Joes current rig with a Strat which amps do you think he will use ??

"Everybody's entitled to my opinion. wink

Well Joe, you burnt down the bridge to Fender so by all means, you can rebuild it if you want to...

Meaning you can do whatever the heck you want to smile

Spider wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Spider wrote:

Stay Safe

Goldie is at the R&R Hall of Fame. Donated or On Loan? One is very different from the other. I guess Joe will need to answer which it truly is.

I thought I read somewhere that it was on loan.

Major Tom to ground control...

BluesMan wrote:

You can see Joe playing "Goldie" on his Live at Rockpalst DVD. Great stuff!! smile

Or, you can see it here. This one is dedicated to Patty (pattyluvsjoe). wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T8xOoPJyZk

Roy

P.S. I hope to see that one displayed at the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame someday. Maybe they'll even let me touch it! smile

Thanks Roy, I really needed that. You must be psychic....it's on my bucket list..... luv ya p.l.j.

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

47 (edited by Geko 2009-06-10 23:06:32)

i hope Joe Use the Strat on Happier times cool