Re: Joe B takes delivery of the dreaded F word guitar..

Glad you came clean and out the Gibson closet cool

Have fun with your new toy and hope to see it live providing some sweet sounds

Well You Took It As An Omen ..... "As The Crow Flies Baby"

........................ Michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

BluesMan wrote:

You can see Joe playing "Goldie" on his Live at Rockpalst DVD. Great stuff!! smile

Sweet, I ordered that DVD last week!

I really love my strat.    This guy that plays locally and teaches "borrowed" it for a few gigs.     He'd tried it out a couple of times and always said "how did you get such a good one?"    Its 20 years of abuse away from looking like Rory Gallagher's.

cool

"I learned to like carrots" - JB

"Schiffer broke a bottle on Morgan's head"

22 (edited by Deezer 2009-06-08 23:39:12)

There is nothing wrong with Fender, there is no shame in playing them. When you can count Clapton, Jeff Beck, Robert Cray, SRV, Jimmie Vaughan, Buddy Guy, and Sonny Landreth in your stable, you're doing something right. That being said, Gibson is amazing as well, but I just can't afford a Les Paul. Quite frankly, it's getting a little tiring hearing all of this Fender backlash. If you enjoy them, great. If you don't, that's fine too.

And it doesn't matter if it's a First Act guitar from Wal-Mart, Joe would make it sound amazing. smile

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

23 (edited by BluesMan 2009-06-08 23:44:44)

How weird! I just realized that I'm wearing a Fender guitar shirt today. Can you say "Cowinkydink"? wink

By the way, very well said Deezer! smile Hey, there's always the Epiphone Les Pauls. Try one at your local guitar shop, you just may like it. big_smile

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I bought it because I am playing the Cork Opera House this year in Cork Ireland.  Dave and I have some special plans for this guitar..

Can the lucky chaps in Cork also expect a couple of cranked AC30s?

Deezer wrote:

Gibson is amazing as well, but I just can't afford a Les Paul.

Actually sice Fender rose their prices they cost about the same as a Les Paul.  Most of the Fender Sig's, Vintage Hot Rod's, etc are all over $2K, the same price range as a Traditional.

26 (edited by dr. dave 2009-06-09 02:19:26)

I was actually listening to Rory's Box of Frogs when I saw this thread. Quite a coincidence! The Gallagher Strat and the Jeff Beck strat are my favorite fender signature strats.  Have fun with it, you can make a cigar box with rubber bands sound great, it's the hands not the guitar, but boy they sure are fun.  Fender, Gibson, it's all good!

Voodoo Blues wrote:
Deezer wrote:

Actually sice Fender rose their prices they cost about the same as a Les Paul.  Most of the Fender Sig's, Vintage Hot Rod's, etc are all over $2K, the same price range as a Traditional.

If heartaches were nickels, I'd have 35 cents!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =383604393

Voodoo Blues wrote:
Deezer wrote:

Not whenever i bought all my Fender stuff, so I'm good. wink

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Joe, congrats on a great guitar. Rory was the reason I picked up the guitar... way back in 1974 at the tender age of 13. He has been a hero of mine ever since.

The folks in Ireland will love you for the respectful gesture. One of the reasons that you have so many diehard fans ( besides your great music), such as all of us on your forums, is because of the way you carry yourself and your outstanding chararcter. This move just proves our point.

I must confess, I was playing a Strat tonight myself.

#275 JB LP

Welcome back Strats!  I'm a closet Fender guitar lover tongue and have no real beef with the guys.  They make great guitars if you are willing to pay for them.  That Rory Strat looks incredible and I'm sure sounds just as good!  Can't wait to hear a live version of "As the Crow Flies" on that thing!  Good luck in Ireland Joe, can't wait til you come to town here!  Bring the Rory Strat with you....PLEASE.

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

30 (edited by wahwah666 2009-06-09 14:07:12)

I love Fenders and Gibsons but Musicman's are my weapon of choice. However, I have a beat up 1985 Squier that roars like any vintage strat I've tried and also a Levinson Blade Texas Deluxe that also sings. Give Joe a banjo and I'll still be mesmerised. It's in his hands regardless of what guitar he uses.

"Tone is in the fingers"
Peavey Wolfgang Goldtop, Peavey Wolfgang Custom 5150 finish,  1994 Musicman EVH, Musicman Steve Morse Y2D, Levinson Blade Texas Deluxe, Squier MIJ 85 strat, Ibanez AEL40 acoustic, Yamaha G255-S Classical guitar
Peavey Classic 30, Line6 Spider 3, Line6 Spider 1 XL, Marshall 30w, Line6 PODxt, lots of toys!

Stevie Boy wrote:

Don’t worry your secret is safe with us wink

Rory G; What a player.Always wonder what more he would have done if he was still with us

Stevie boy

PS Just noticed i'm a Silver Member Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!   big_smile

BonaBah!

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

32 (edited by Rocket 2009-08-11 12:49:43)

RICjunkie wrote:
Voodoo Blues wrote:

I'm afraid to ask what happened to cause all of these Fender taboo replies.

A couple of things.

First off I'm convinced Joe stopped playing strats because every numbskull music critic that came along began their review by calling him the next SRV clone and I think Joe just got sick of that comparison.

Second, if you look at some videos from 4 or 5 years ago you'll see Joe playing his (back then) #1 axe, a gold sparkle strat.
Fender went and made a special run of custom strats nearly identical to it and gave Joe absolutely no credit for the inspiration. This is when Fender was cranking out a new artist inspired axe every other month. That left a bitter taste in his mouth. There are a couple of threads in the archives if you search for them.

Anyhow, I'm glad to see Joe picked up the Rory strat. Joe is just too nice not to carry a grudge forever and just maybe that will give him the inspiration to cover a few of Rory's songs. Remember "Cradle Rock"? smile

Now, if the critics will compare him to Rory rather than SRV he just might keep playing it! big_smile

Cradle Rock!
The very first song I ever heard Joe Bonamassa play right before my eyes in the last millenium.... I'd say it's high time to crank that one once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Can you imagine it with the tightness of this combo....I think I am fainting, no! Melting......Rock Rory ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Congratulations Joe! YOU can be my best friend again lol  Well, after you break out that "Bonnie" Gigliotti  again, that is
cool
p.s. Don't ever stop playing Gibsons roll
p.p.s. I am a critic and although I will compare Joe to just about anybody great, I don't compare anyone TO ( I didn't say with) Joe Bonamassa.  A League of His Own, Mr. Commissioner, Joe Bonamassa, Presiding
Hot Rod that baby up, Dave

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

33 (edited by Rocket 2009-06-09 14:38:56)

BluesMan wrote:

You can see Joe playing "Goldie" on his Live at Rockpalst DVD. Great stuff!! smile

Or, you can see it here. This one is dedicated to Patty (pattyluvsjoe). wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T8xOoPJyZk

Roy

P.S. I hope to see that one displayed at the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame someday. Maybe they'll even let me touch it! smile

Don't you dare touch my only daughter Roy! yikes

34 (edited by Rocket 2009-06-09 14:48:12)

Deezer wrote:

There is nothing wrong with Fender, there is no shame in playing them. When you can count Clapton, Jeff Beck, Robert Cray, SRV, Jimmie Vaughan, Buddy Guy, and Sonny Landreth in your stable, you're doing something right. That being said, Gibson is amazing as well, but I just can't afford a Les Paul. Quite frankly, it's getting a little tiring hearing all of this Fender backlash. If you enjoy them, great. If you don't, that's fine too.

And it doesn't matter if it's a First Act guitar from Wal-Mart, Joe would make it sound amazing. smile

Don't forget that kiddy Mickey Mouse Gee-Tar, right Bill S.?! He could make one of those sound great with a Lego block slide...
(or a cigar box with rubber bands Dr. Dave wink )
Somebody help me by getting get this topic back on track now please!
Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

I'll think of something special for whomever gets me a picture of Joe playing this guitar first!

ROCK ON the Rory Gallagher Fender Strat & Preserve the Faith,
Rocket

Hello Joe........it HAD to happen sooner or later!
I know/understand/justify your beef with FENDER the COMPANY.
But, you, as a musician, cannot dismiss the Stratocaster's unquantifiable mark on rock and blues music!
I LOVE Les Pauls....but there are certain things one plays that just don't sound   "right" on them.
I can't picture "Little Wing", "Bridge Of Sighs", or even "Pain And Sorrow" being done on anything else but a Stratocaster!

I fully understand that the ignorant folks over at FENDER dissed you big time......but hey....you in turn gave THEM the collective finger when you partnered with GIBSON and they had the brains to give you a signature model !

Fueds aside......many of us out here would love to hear you rip a Strat to sheds again!!

"One of Chuck's children out there playin' his licks"