19 (edited by Voodoo Blues 2009-05-23 15:41:01)

Re: guitar straps

InspiredbyJB wrote:

Oh yeah......not sure $200 for a strap is really worth it!

I wouldn't say that, I use an El Dorado strap that runs about $100 and it is an excellent strap.  The tone is amazing!!!! I'm just kidding, it does feel really good though.  I do look at it more like an accessory and if my wife can spend $200 on a purse or a pair of shoes to keep in her closet I'm certainly going to treat my guitar to a good strap.

I think I'm going to go with the guys at Brookwood for my next strap. http://www.brookwoodleather.com

Voodoo Blues wrote:

I do look at it more like an accessory and if my wife can spend $200 on a purse or a pair of shoes to keep in her closet I'm certainly going to treat my guitar to a good strap.

There's another good reason why I'm never getting married!    I could buy a $200 Moody instead of it being wasted on shoes.

tongue

"I learned to like carrots" - JB

"Schiffer broke a bottle on Morgan's head"

I bought a 4" Moody for my JB LP on Saturday, I must say I REALLY like it...

Didn't pay anywhere closee to the retail price but it was still a tough decision, I'm glad I did it but way way too much to pay for a strap... I figured a once-in-a-lifetime guitar deserved a once-in-a-lifetime strap...

isn't that funny... so Joe swapped with EC...  big_smile   .....Eric Clapton used to use these black Ernie's for over 20 years and just recently changed to some leather-strap... and Joe is now using them ending his leather-period...

These Moody straps look really cool...

I personally love the Ernie's and I have them in 6 or 7 colors and 3 black ones... I use them with my Stratocasters... however for my Gibbys I do like wide black Levy's best... big_smile

Greetings
PIT... smile

Here's something reall cool. Especially for the Acoustic Guys who have Guitars they don't want to drill holes in for Strap Buttons, etc

Ideal for Vintage Guitars, because of this. Plus, they are very comfortable:

http://www.flyingpossum.com/images/Flyi … ather.html

Early 80's 1957 U.S. Vintage Reissue Stratocaster (Surf Green)-Warmouth Soloist  Pearly Gates Neck, Pearly Gates Bridge- Larrivee D-03 (Mahogany/ Spruce)
Carmen Ghia Head- Marshall 112 Cab W/G12H 30  or  Custom 4 X 6v6 Head  or  Budda Twinmaster Plus Head-Traynor 212 Cab w/Eminence Texas Heats. 
Mo'D-Eternity-Blues Pro- Timmy-BYOC Chorus/Vibrato- TC SCF- Korg DT 10 Pedal Tuner

24 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2009-07-12 00:12:44)

that loop I'm not sure I'd trust on my acoustic... neutral
Martin has button loops that go through a guitar neck so you dont have to tie it... But I'm one for just putting a strap button one the heel of the neck. I wanna play my guitar. If it takes away value, then... oops! maybe I shouldn't even sell it!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I use the 3' Levi leather ones. A lil pricey at $65 but the clubs round hear want 1 to 1 1/5 hour sets and the nylon ones start to dig in. Not fun w/ an eight pound Paul or Firebird on your back,lol.