Re: Full length amp rig Demo

Derek the speakers used in the Fender cab...you're not going to believe it.......Celstion G12 T-75's!  They have a very tight bass response, a focused/aggressive midrange, and smooth top.  Pretty decent speaker IMO.  I do not run any treble or presence on my Marshall though.  That's perhaps why there is no fizz

WOW
          that really threw me I could not wait to get rid of the g12 -75 t s  but I have heard a lot of Marshall owners that swear by them,
and I am sure Jim Marshall wouldnt have put them in his cabs if they were not good for the job. but for me they did not match the jubilee sound I think due to the clipping diodes which produces a fizzy sound that encapsulates the el34 bark the G12 75Ts brought the worst out in the amp IMO V30S sound much better or greenbacks .
I take it you have experimented Justin and this suits your sound?

"Everybody's entitled to my opinion. wink

Haha not really I just saw this beat up old 4x12 cab at GC for like $300 used and checked it out.  It was really tight, clear, and sounded great cranked.  So I took it home.  Then I later discovered what the speakers were.  I'm no speaker expert for sure but I just go with what sounds right for me.  Go figure! tongue

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

SOFTMC wrote:

I think due to the clipping diodes which produces a fizzy sound that encapsulates the el34 bark the G12 75Ts brought the worst out in the amp IMO V30S sound much better or greenbacks .

Don't get fooled by this clipping diode thing.
My amp tech told me that the Jub has this diods only in the clean channel in the clipping mode.
Otherwise there is pure tube sound. But don't nail me on that. I just quote him.
But he had my Jub recently for maintenance and mentioned this.

Justin, I thought there G12T75s in. You said it in the first video I think.
I also had a GT75 in my cab for a while when I blew the G12H30 up. You can hear it with the Budda
in my second video. They sound ok to me. Anyway, you have a great sound with both of your amps.
Hopefully on friday I'll make it to shoot a quick clip. Not the full length thing but a preview.. cool

Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

Speakers are a tricky thing because it's hard to hear a cab loaded with A-brand speakers vs another cab loaded with B-brand speakers back to back through the same amp.  I like how most companies take a lot of the guesswork out of it by giving EQ ratings and actual frequencies so you can make an educated guess on what will sound right for your amp.  I just learned how much the cab makes a difference today.  I was fooling around with the Dailey/HRM combination and realized how eerily similar they sound.  When the Dailey is with the matching cab, it's a different beast all together.  I am very curious to see whats inside that amp, it's beginning to sound less and less like a Marshall to me...  Me thinks if I want to pair something with the Dailey for a lower watt rig I would need something that lands squarley in the Marshall camp.  I'd like a Metro JTM45 like my dad's, what a killer amp!  Anyways, can't wait to hear some new clips guys when you get your rigs together.  Peace!

-Justin

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

JUSTIN
          What speakers are in your other amps Dialey cab, Dr z ect I think it is worh trying different combinations. asI said before I tried my Fender HRD with  different cab defore I sold it and it sounded 100% better! then again if you are happy with sound then why bother! but it is the single most mod that can be done to an amp to change the sound IMO most "boutiqueamps" come with vintage 30  so there must be a reason as there are better speakers.

By the way got my OVERTONE HRM kit yesterday and stayed up late to start building it very theraputic
I will keep you guys posted hmm   Derek

"Everybody's entitled to my opinion. wink

SOFTMC wrote:

JUSTIN
          What speakers are in your other amps Dialey cab, Dr z ect I think it is worh trying different combinations. asI said before I tried my Fender HRD with  different cab defore I sold it and it sounded 100% better! then again if you are happy with sound then why bother! but it is the single most mod that can be done to an amp to change the sound IMO most "boutiqueamps" come with vintage 30  so there must be a reason as there are better speakers.

By the way got my OVERTONE HRM kit yesterday and stayed up late to start building it very theraputic
I will keep you guys posted hmm   Derek

The Dailey...I can't really tell.  I have opened it up and cannot tell what they are!  I'm guessing they are at least 50 watts combined..They sound good so I don't really sweat it too much.  The Dr. Z has a Celestion Anniversary G12H30 made in England, really nice sounding speaker IMO.  The Hiwatt has a 100 watt speaker in it...I think that's it.  I'm not a big speaker guy but I know they are important.  IMO the wattages are more important than perhaps the material (alnico vs. ceramic) and brand.  There are some really nice speakers out there for sure, but I'd probably rather have some cheapy Eminence low wattage speaker in my Dr. Z than a $300 EV rated at 200 watts!  I just try and not overkill things but have a little extra handling capability just in case.  Just enough "push" to make the speakers work without causing damage lol.

-Justin