Topic: Royal Albert Hall Programme.....Wanted!!

I unfortunately missed out on getting a programme at this momentous occasion. I didn't even know there was one until I saw one in the hands of one of my posse outside the hall!! It has a lovely passage written by Joe in it, as well as the rest of the band...and it's something to keep...which leads me to my request.

I know I'm probably asking a very silly question...but here goes anyway. Does anybody have a spare programme that they would be willing to part with?? Or...is it going to be available in the Merch store at some point??

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman."
                                                                                                   Ludwig Van Beethoven

Re: Royal Albert Hall Programme.....Wanted!!

I'll take that as a no then!! Figured I was shooting against the breeze anyway.....just thought I'd ask. I would still like to know if the item will be available to buy at a later date through the merch store as a collectors item, if someone could answer that for me, I'd be most grateful. It didn't seem like it was a readily available item to me at the concert??

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman."
                                                                                                   Ludwig Van Beethoven

I would try calling the RAH box office and see if they have any left overs on hand. I only stumbled upon one of the vendors myself as I was searching for a WC. Thank god for those Guinness stouts! lol They were selling for 10 quid.

Major Tom to ground control...

RICjunkie wrote:

I would try calling the RAH box office and see if they have any left overs on hand. I only stumbled upon one of the vendors myself as I was searching for a WC. Thank god for those Guinness stouts! lol They were selling for 10 quid.

A little pricey don't you think Tom - even by British standards (Ten pages and two of them blank - Kevin should have bought his new camera a little earlier perhaps)

However............ mine now bears a certain signature, so it's no longer worth Ten quid - it's Priceless!

(and no Paul - you ain't havin it lol )

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

Hi Ian - someone nearby (who regularly attends RAH) told me that 10 quid was a good price. Another bit of Joe paraphanalia to add to my swelling collection! cool

Major Tom to ground control...

6 (edited by Rocket 2009-05-18 14:24:02)

Mine unfortunately disappeared at the Cocoon party.  I'm sure it was just an honest mistake, but I'm pretty damn bummed just the same.  sad  I had a plan for that program and it had nothing to do with Ebay... hmm

Rock On & Keep the Faith & the Program (but if anyone comes across one... a little help!)
Rocket

P.S.-Paul, don't expect 15 minutes to get you a definitive / immediate answer to a question on the Joe Bonamassa forum!  Some of us read back on things and respond slowly..... Which suddenly reminds me big_smile Angela, I DID find that King Crimson LP cover (for her son's dorm room, see prog rock thread  ), in good shape at a local vinyl store...They wanted far too much for it...but that was back at the start of the FALL semester...see Paul, and at least one guy is VERY slow :LOL:

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I didn't get one home either. I am sure they have additional copies hopefully they will show up in the store.

I thought the two pages were left blank to collect autographs.  I have one page filled (Thanks Joe!) and the other is blank (missed not seeing Bogie, Rick, Carmine, Dave, Colin, Aaron, and Kevin).  I wished at the time I had extra funds to buy more than one, because I knew there would be fans wanting one.  I hope some turn up for those in wanting.  Great item for Joe memorabilia!    Patty

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Rocket wrote:

Mine unfortunately disappeared at the Cocoon party.  I'm sure it was just an honest mistake, but I'm pretty damn bummed just the same.  sad  I had a plan for that program and it had nothing to do with Ebay... hmm

Rock On & Keep the Faith & the Program (but if anyone comes across one... a little help!)
Rocket

P.S.-Paul, don't expect 15 minutes to get you a definitive / immediate answer to a question on the Joe Bonamassa forum!  Some of us read back on things and respond slowly..... Which suddenly reminds me big_smile Angela, I DID find that King Crimson LP cover (for her son's dorm room, see prog rock thread  ), in good shape at a local vinyl store...They wanted far too much for it...but that was back at the start of the FALL semester...see Paul, and at least one guy is VERY slow :LOL:

It was four days and fifteen minutes Rocket!!! big_smile

Having contacted both the RAH box office, and Paul Crockford Management who I was told by the RAH managed the event, I'm still none the wiser......was just wishful thinking I guess. On a positive note, my girlfriend just got me one of Joe's picks that he threw into the crowd.....every cloud and all that!! Peace...out.

Ludwig Van Beethoven

I didn't get a program either which bums me out a little. However, I will always have the memories......

Something I must say concerning e-Bay; I can't even imagine getting something signed by Joe or any other artist and putting it up for sale on e-Bay. Honestly, everything that Joe has been gracious enough to sign for me, is now a proud possession of mine and someday when I'm gone, my children will have them. Sell them? NEVER!!

Roy smile

Joe is the Best!

11 (edited by Rocket 2009-05-20 00:16:54)

PaulB74 wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Rocket

It was four days and fifteen minutes Rocket!!! big_smile

Having contacted both the RAH box office, and Paul Crockford Management who I was told by the RAH managed the event, I'm still none the wiser......was just wishful thinking I guess. On a positive note, my girlfriend just got me one of Joe's picks that he threw into the crowd.....every cloud and all that!! Peace...out.

I know Paul, I was using the minutes part of the clock not the date big_smile ...But 4 days is better than 9 months tongue .  I'm sure we have a couple that have waited a year or 2. Or...
Roy, Jim, did you not visit the merchandise table? I did and apparently the back release vinyl issues were on hand.  Although I truly scoured the walls and under the table from all angles, I didn't see any.  Caveat: I wasn't really looking for any vinyl due to not expecting to see vinyl excepting Live From Nowhere In Particular, which I already have anyway... Oh well! But, 'tis better to have purchased a souvenir program & lost it, than to never have bought one....unless you saved £10 and inherited mine!  Dah! No worries, memories are free!

Rock On & Keep Scouring Faithfully,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

12 (edited by Angela 2009-05-20 04:23:52)

Last week I received the most SPECTACULAR Joe Bonamassa RAH brochure in a plastic sleeve in the mail from a very nice Clapton fan named Heidi who lives in Switzerland.  It was such a nice surprise and the kindest gesture. She also sent me some two-sided flyers of Joe advertising the RAH show. Heidi is currently back at the RAH seeing Clapton and attends more concerts in a year than anyone I know!!

Paul, I will ask Heidi if she has any extra programs. smile

Here is Heidi's review of the show posted on the Clapton site, her screen name is Alberta.

"Home
Joe Bonamassa 4th May 2009: The Road To The Royal Albert Hall
Submitted by Alberta on Wed, 05/06/2009 - 15:11
When:

On Sunday 3rd May Aynsley Lister played at Dingwalls in Camden Town. Aynsley put on quite a rocking show which I liked better than the ones I had seen in past years. He really enjoyed performing for an enthusiastic audience which mainly consisted of devoted Bonamassa fans. He’s still touring the Uk in May so I’d recommend to go and see him if you get a chance.

On Monday 4th May it was great meeting with JDS, kduffin and his wife prior to the Bonamassa show. The Royal Albert Hall is such a special venue, even walking up to it gives me the shivers every time since my first concert there in 1974 (Leonard Cohen). Shortly after I took my seat in 4th row centre (bought from Seetickets) a friend told me Eric was in the house. Two minutes later I spotted Lee Dickson and I now knew Eric would be playing as well. My excitement started to build! It was my 5th time seeing Joe Bonamassa (so at least I wasn’t a bonavirgin!) and it was crystal clear that this show was to be THE milestone in his life as a musician. And he’s definitely worked very hard for it to get there.

Scott McKeon was the support band and Joe was to play from 08.20pm until 10.50pm and what a great performance he put on, it was amazing. I did hear parts of the soundcheck in the Box Office foyer (I probably just missed the rehearsal of FOUTR) and it was very loud (and so was the actual concert but fortunately it didn’t bother me). There were in fact two drummers and for some of the songs also a horn section. Before Eric took the stage (early in the set for the 7th song) Joe mentioned that 20 years ago he started playing the guitar and it was his dream to once play the Albert Hall and now here he was. He then made a reference to Further On Up The Road (first song he learnt to play) and introduced Eric. Eric appeared with his daphne blue strat and everybody in the audience jumped to their feet and cheered but then politely sat down again to listen to 5 minutes of great soloing of both the young guitar hero (he is 32 tomorrow, 8th May 2009!) and the legend that inspired his playing. Well, it rather seemed like only a minute to me! Joe commented afterwards: That’s the coolest thing I have ever done! Eric shook Joe’s hand and bowed to a standing ovation and then left the stage. I just couldn’t believe what I just saw and heard, it was stunning! Later on Paul Jones who I had seen popping in and out of the RAH Box Office foyer appeared on Your Funeral My Trial.

Hopefully you can all watch this brilliant concert soon as it was filmed for a DVD release. In Just Got Paid Joe played a Flying-V but first took off his shades and threw them into the audience. They landed in the lap of a guy sitting close to me. I nearly caught Joe‘s guitar pick that he used for the last song but it fell off my fingertips and disappeared into nowhere. The audience roared its approval when the show finished and you could see that Joe was completely over the moon!

The Bonamassa forum organized an aftershow party and although I am only a passive member there I did write to the organizers and I was put on the guestlist. So we all met at the Cocoon Club at Piccadilly Circus and many nice people gathered there from all over the world, including British guitarist Oli Brown. The icing of the cake was when shortly after 1.00am Joe Bonamassa joined us with his family (parents etc) and stayed for more than an hour. He has my utmost respect for that. After this spectacular night (you might have read that his closing words at the show were „Thank you, London, for making this the greatest night of my life!“ I wouldn’t be surprised if he still hasn’t calmed down properly yet! "

P.S. Rocket, I left you a message over at the prog thread! smile

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Thank you Angela, very kind of you to do that. smile

Ludwig Van Beethoven

I had mine in my coat at the Cocoon, left my coat somewhere on a couch.
Back in my hotel I missed it.
Must have fallen out or in  the Cocoon or in the taxi. Just back luck.
Someone else must be happy now!

I paid 10 pounds for it, you mean that one Paul?

Andre Wittebroek

I too am in search of a program from this show. Wish I knew ahead of time it was available I would have gotten a few to pass around too. Oh well...hoping they turn up sometime !!!!! Good luck searching all,  Larry G

Hope you got my email Larry. I have contacted the RAh and the printers. They have none.

LarryG wrote:

I too am in search of a program from this show. Wish I knew ahead of time it was available I would have gotten a few to pass around too. Oh well...hoping they turn up sometime !!!!! Good luck searching all,  Larry G

I can't remember who it was that asked me if we had programs just as we left the RAH after the show - it may have been Tom - anyway, I ran back in - first usher didn't have any left, the second one did, so Cathy and I each have one!

Joe kindly signed his page for us at Cocoon and I'm taking mine with me to Schoeppingen where I hope I can arrange for the other lads to sign their respective pages.

I'm sorry for those of you have missed out and no, I don't have any spares. I'd just like to thank whoever it was that made me go and get one as I'm sure they will become collector's items!

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

I found out from Warren today that there still are RAH programs available and being sold by the merchandising stand! I'll be seeing Joe next Saturday and will see how many I can get (or afford!).

Hands up who wants to be considered.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith