Re: Updated Picture of My Joe Bonamassa Tattoo Tribute

well not sure how big the guitar itself is gonna be but if its big enough i was thinking the signature could go on the back of the guitar itself but if not then maybe down at the bottom of the tattoo itself.

Altough not ask the tattoist yet if hes will to tattoo a signature lol suppose i really should ask before i get joe to sign it lol smile

If your tattooist won't tattoo the signature, just keep going over it in permanent marker  tongue
Maybe you could have the guitar below the image instead of on the guy's back and then you can make it bigger for a signature to fit?

BornInHell82 wrote:

well not sure how big the guitar itself is gonna be but if its big enough i was thinking the signature could go on the back of the guitar itself but if not then maybe down at the bottom of the tattoo itself.

Altough not ask the tattoist yet if hes will to tattoo a signature lol suppose i really should ask before i get joe to sign it lol smile

Live Your Life Like A Rock N Roll Rebel

Have you thought about black/grey water shading for background? Then perhaps have the guitar in sunburst? and the figure solid black?  I think it would make it stand out more. Most of my tattoos are water shaded, it's a very effective and an eye pleasing way to get texture, shading and detail into the piece.

Just a thought smile

*Seek that which within lies waiting to begin the fight of your life that is everyday*
...The flute is a heavy, metal instrument...
Would you like some cheese with that whine?

fairy_fiona wrote:

If your tattooist won't tattoo the signature, just keep going over it in permanent marker  tongue
Maybe you could have the guitar below the image instead of on the guy's back and then you can make it bigger for a signature to fit?

BornInHell82 wrote:

lol yeh i will need to buy a few packs of them to keep it looking good. Sent him a txt but not heard back...not sure if hes tattooing or he doesnt wanna do it lol

If you do get Joe to sign it make sure you get him to sign it with a surgical skin markerpen, not a permanent marker. You can get them online for a few quid. Permanent marker will be difficult to tattoo over and the ink might not take. Also, the ink in the surgical pen is non-toxic, and I know what I would rather have going into my skin wink

*Seek that which within lies waiting to begin the fight of your life that is everyday*

Becky_S wrote:

Have you thought about black/grey water shading for background? Then perhaps have the guitar in sunburst? and the figure solid black?  I think it would make it stand out more. Most of my tattoos are water shaded, it's a very effective and an eye pleasing way to get texture, shading and detail into the piece.

Just a thought smile

Hi becky, yeh thats what my original idea was. The tattoist said he wanted to get get some colour and some vibrance into the tattoo to make it stand out.

And yeh if was thinking about a surgical pen but would have to wait and see it my friend will tattoo it or if joe will even sign it.

I just hope he likes it! big_smile big_smile

Go for what you want and what you envisage as the end product. Water shading stands out a hell of a lot, a good tattooist can work wonders with the shading to make it striking.

Perhaps I have an unhealthy fetish for watershading but I think it looks hot big_smile

I'm sure Joe would sign it for you, I reckon he has signed some right weird and wonderful things in his time wink and I bet he will be flattered that you are getting a tattoo to commemorate his work.

Now... you've got me thinking about my next ink, just got to find some space roll

Hey Brack...

Starting from the top

Nape of neck - japanese (kanji) - strenghth and determination... I got it checked from a reliable source first smile

Collar bone - "no more sad refrains" - from Sandy Denny's song No more sad refrains

Left arm (upper) - Runrig's Big Wheel Symbol

Left and Right Forearms - tibetan script saying "true" (left forearm), "love" (right forearm)

Left Leg - A memorial tattoo for my bestfriend who was in Iraq and is no longer with us... it has quotes from Neil Pearts Ghost Rider book "Infinate Possibilities" and "Exhausting Reality". It covers the whole lower left leg

Right Leg - looks like Kanji but it's actually people doing a variety of erm...positions yikes It's my light hearted tattoo

Back piece - Traditional  black/grey Japanese dragon breaking through clouds, with traditional water splashes (coloured) and torn water lillies and cherry blossoms (flowers are in colour also). This covers the whole of my back, dragons tail extends onto my right butt cheek. It's done in the style of the great Horiyoshi III.

Right arm - work in progress....it's a cover up job... going to be half a sleeve encorporating a Samurai and some more traditional Bushido elements!

Yeah, always the same artist...  I'm comfortable with him, he's comfortable with me, we are on the same wave length ideas wise. I think its a loyalty thing now too. Apart from that, he's an excellent artist, on and off skin.

Those Rush tattoos your friend has sound cool cool I was thinking of having the starman but i've seen so many now roll

I want to see this tatoo!!!  Also I guess I need to turn my video camera in as I got the RAH show and it turned outpretty good.  Sorry Joe

Jane H. wrote:

Borninhell, i am unsure about this new one. its just the placement of the guitar i guess. i liked the first one but can't compare now because its gone from the link. i mean this one is good but...i dunno for something so permanent i'd like to see the next draft before giving my OK wink

Yeh im thinking of asking for it without the guitar and maybe get it just done in shading.

I could get the guitar head done seperatly on the other side of my leg.

Respect folks! I would never dare to make such a passionate move. Those are the real fans! i mean I love JB and his music a lot, especially Coulour & Shape has special meaning to me, but you folks....you got something special going on, believe me!