1 (edited by cindyron 2016-09-14 07:46:43)

Topic: The Story of the Headless Horseman ( Joe's 052)

Hi all
(photo links at end)
Well this guitar is very special. This guitar is the infamous Joe B 052. Joe had this signature LP worked on by Kim at Historic Makeovers prior to the first BCC tour. He had the full RDS treatment. This is the guitar that British Airways snapped the neck when Joe shipped it to the UK for the BCC tour back in 2011. Joe had it repaired in the UK and used it during the BCC tour.
Three years ago I acquired Joes Korona Explorer and during a visit Joe asked if I would be willing to sell the Explorer. Well if I did it would only be to him so we agreed I would take a trade. At the time we did not know what so I gave the explorer to him last May at a Hampton NH show. Funny by the time I got home from his gig he sent me a vid of the black les Paul during a BCC concert and said "what about this for a trade". Well after I picked myself up from the floor I said oh my yes. So he sent it to me the box was not even touched but to my surprise this is how it came (see photo).
Needless to say I was totally bummed. So I sent it back and we would find something else. So a few months went by so I asked if he had it fixed and he did so I said shall we try it again??? Well we did and here it is sitting on my mixing chair. So this guitar is amazing. I plugged it in and the notes bloomed, they cried like no other with tons of sustain just plugged into a tweed with no pedals. Now one of my top three. So this thing has had its neck broke twice so I named it " The Headless Horseman". I love this guitar and its story.
Timeline:
1)Joe sends one of his signature Joe B LP to Kim to do his stuff on 052 (see photos)
2) Kim from Historic Makeovers delivers to Joe
3) Joe ships the new look 052 to UK for the BCC tour.
4) 052 arrives with a broken neck thanks to British Airways even with it in a $1200 flight case
5) Joe has it fixed in UK
6) Joe uses 052 on the remainder of BCC tour 2011
7) 2016 Joe trades me 052 for a 1983 Korona Explorer that I had that use to be Joes.
8) Joe ships the guitar to me and even with the box not even damaged I received it with yet another broken neck
9) Sent it back to Joe he had it fixed
10) sent it back to me now happy in new home
Sorry so long winded

Cheers Ron
http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/cindy … i.jpg.html

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

2 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-09-14 08:32:43)

Re: The Story of the Headless Horseman ( Joe's 052)

smile ... Congrats Ron!! 

Thank u for ur post today and sharing that great story!!  I have been looking forward to this post ever since u teased us a bit a few months ago!!  She has her history and mojo now ... and the good fortune of being in another great pair of hands.

Congrats ... may she sing loud at Cinsound!

(She's a Black over Bonaburst, correct?)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

smile ... Congrats Ron!! 

Thank u for ur post today and sharing that great story!!  I have been looking forward to this post ever since u teased us a bit a few months ago!!  She has her history and mojo now ... and the good fortune of being in another great pair of hands.

correct you can see the last pictures from Historic the finish before

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Jane H. wrote:

cool, thanks for posting Ron!
Thats like the Holy Grail for me  - I do believe thats the one he played Sista Jane  Live Over Europe - and I guess maybe the BCC show in DC I went to.

smile !!!!!!!

yes that is the one in the video

Very nice story on #052...congrats & enjoy her

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

smile ... Congrats Ron!! 

Yes and thanks

Mojo to the max with that one.
Awesome Ron.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:

Awesome Ron.
Rick

Thanks Rick
I hope all is well with you and yours
cheers Ron

Well that was kind of nice of Joe to take back the broken guitar, fix it and resend it back to you.

Most people that sell used gear make it the buyers problem.

But I guess it proves that the first fix wasn't that great.

Hope the second time fix is better.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Hey Ron, thanks for posting this story. Its not at all surprising to me that Joe "made it right" in regards to the damage, that's just how he is. I don't think it proves that the first repair wasn't done correctly, it only proves that it was mishandled by the carrier. In any case, congratulations on yet another awesome addition to your collection.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Awesome story! Congrats! I think the name is great too!

Hope you enjoy it :-)

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

cindyron wrote:
RickB wrote:

Awesome Ron.
Rick

Thanks Rick
I hope all is well with you and yours
cheers Ron

Thanks Ron. All as well as can be. Started the long grind of bachelor life for most of the next year. It could be better, but we love FaceTime.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Great story and beautiful guitar... enjoy it and try to share some videoclip some day wink

What a fantastic story and what a slice of history that guitar is. A truly special instrument for sure!

jimsty wrote:

What a fantastic story and what a slice of history that guitar is. A truly special instrument for sure!

Thanks

micamused wrote:

Great story and beautiful guitar... enjoy it and try to share some videoclip some day wink

Thanks

Mehararslan spam reported

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)