Topic: Live At The Greek Theatre

A quick bit of nitpicking, and apologies in advance if this has been noted elsewhere, and I just missed it.  I did a quick forum search but that's not a guarantee of finding the needle in the haystack, here.

The news that appears in various locations around the site for pre-orders states that Joe plays a Flying V owned by Freddie King.  But "Lucy" was clearly Albert's.  See quote below for the obvious error.

"Showcasing “magnificent guitar playing” (The Morning Call), Bonamassa introduced a steady rotation of vintage guitars, including four Gibson ES models, a Gibson Les Paul, a Gibson Flying V, two new Gibson Custom Shop models, two Fender Strats, and a 1972 Dan Erlewine custom Flying V named “Lucy,” originally owned and played by Freddie King and currently in the collection of actor Steven Seagal."

That's from this site page, but it's not the only place the info is incorrect.

http://shop.jbonamassa.com/products/joe … eased-2016

In any case, what a great show that must have been to see live!

Keep 'em coming, Joe--as if you need to be told....

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

Re: Live At The Greek Theatre

All I'll say is that I'm sad that this hasn't been corrected, yet, anywhere, or responded to.

Won't change my love for Joe, but adds to reasons I don't hang out here.

Is that wrong?

Bonamegametal, whatever.....JBWM, pardon me for calling you out in public.

Sign me out, as one of the original posters here to try to get the lyrics right, for "Dislocated Boy"....

I still appreciate all who spend more time than I have time to.

Lurking, if not posting, on the site, and the forums.

Carry on, however wayward promotional info may be....

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

3 (edited by nmagcorn 2016-09-21 19:43:30)

JBFan4Life wrote:

A quick bit of nitpicking, and apologies in advance if this has been noted elsewhere, and I just missed it.  I did a quick forum search but that's not a guarantee of finding the needle in the haystack, here.

The news that appears in various locations around the site for pre-orders states that Joe plays a Flying V owned by Freddie King.  But "Lucy" was clearly Albert's.  See quote below for the obvious error.

"Showcasing “magnificent guitar playing” (The Morning Call), Bonamassa introduced a steady rotation of vintage guitars, including four Gibson ES models, a Gibson Les Paul, a Gibson Flying V, two new Gibson Custom Shop models, two Fender Strats, and a 1972 Dan Erlewine custom Flying V named “Lucy,” originally owned and played by Freddie King and currently in the collection of actor Steven Seagal."

That's from this site page, but it's not the only place the info is incorrect.

http://shop.jbonamassa.com/products/joe … eased-2016

In any case, what a great show that must have been to see live!

Keep 'em coming, Joe--as if you need to be told....

You're right, they have the info wrong. "Lucy" belonged to Albert King, it even has his name written right on the neck. Kind of crazy that the info included with this release wasn't proofread. Here is a photo of Joe playing it at one of the 3 Kings shows.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/anitrasda … 071474086/

4 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-09-21 21:23:24)

JBFan4Life wrote:

All I'll say is that I'm sad that this hasn't been corrected, yet, anywhere, or responded to.

Won't change my love for Joe, but adds to reasons I don't hang out here.

Is that wrong?

Bonamegametal, whatever.....JBWM, pardon me for calling you out in public.

Sign me out, as one of the original posters here to try to get the lyrics right, for "Dislocated Boy"....

I still appreciate all who spend more time than I have time to.

Lurking, if not posting, on the site, and the forums.

Carry on, however wayward promotional info may be....

Thank you JBF4L for your OP! ... good pick up indeed!! ... along with bigjeffjones's Charlie Patton in a recent Sunday's Cup ... it is frustrating for those here as to the home office's lack of replies on these 2 ... especially with an issue on the forefront given the Greek release.

Lurk like we all do ... but please hit the Login every now and again smile  Thanks for this Thread!!

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

I could not help out on this one.
I do know that sometimes I have made a post and if no one replies to it,it is a bummer
I don't like to see posts with no other follow ups so  I try to responded much as possible.These days it's less traffic than in the forums"hey days" so to speak.
So my thought is that sometimes the post topic just might not strike a chord(no pun intended)( ok maybe a little!)with enough people initially to get a response.Sometimes one comment jump starts a whole thread.
But I hope the forum keeps on keepin on.
I would say best not to dwell on a post if it does not go  anywhere.
Sometimes you can pile your own comment on to the original of it slips down to give it some defibulator  action.
Seems like that's is what happened here !

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

6 (edited by Rocket 2016-09-22 00:37:43)

Proof read? Edit?  ...and Everywhere propaganda these daze...

Geez, allya got ta do is know Albert's music and how he was as affectionate for Lucy as if she was his real woman.  No disrespect to The King and his pet...

Lurics?  Hmm, still trying to fill in "blue blood in the wine"?! hmm

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

7 (edited by JBFan4Life 2016-09-22 01:27:29)

Appreciate responses, but sorry I had to give you some "noogies' to get some.  It was seeing most of you be so serious about Joe that coaxed me into the forum, once upon a time.  I had been a fan and show attendee long before then.

I've got no reason to leave, but rarely a reason to post.  I'm too busy loving everything Joe puts out there, to get too sweaty about something like this.  But when you've seen Albert play "Lucy" live, more than once...can you say "Biddy Mulligan's"?  (No, not, anymore...but I watched Albert smoke his pipe, and play that exact V.....)

I would love to see this fixed.  And I don't care what's going on around the Freddie thang, legally.

And just to be a pain in the butt, can this be any clearer?  It's Joe's official channel, and vintage Albert, for crying out loud.  Yeah?? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoX0Olfqziw

Joe, send me a free ticket for being the first to notice this bonamegametal miss to the next show in my area.... j/k, of course.

And I will live up to my forum name, or I wouldn't have registered it.

EDIT, FWIW, I've seen other posts about Kirk Fletcher tearing up his solo, on this.  So, yes I lurk, and appreciate, more than many mega "whatsits" do.  That's not a slam, just an observation.  If you want Joe's music and the blues to stay alive, don't neglect all the artists that got us to this point, please!

I don't tweet, or plant my face on facebook.  But if I did, perhaps this would be noticed.  If you plan to bombard me with social media, please don't put the wrong info in my face.  It's sad to see such regular forum posters ask me to stick around, though I appreciate it.

8 (edited by DougH 2016-09-22 07:55:12)

your shorts are in a knot over this??

and a 1972 Dan Erlewine custom Flying V named “Lucy,” originally owned and played by Freddie King and currently in the collection of actor Steven Seagal

good gravy....

Think there is better 'fish to fry' than this..
although interesting that you took the time to read the full description of the Disk..
No JR management or PR team come here.

at least they got 99% of it.. yes made by Dan Erlewine, owned by Steven Seagal.. and they got the "King" part right

but really ,, you're in a knot about a copy print ad error (that probably will never get fixed).
and you're mad at us the fan base that we're not yelling "grab your pitchforks and burn the ogre" ?

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Sorry to tell you Sis'ta Jane.
there are web pages they didn't fix

http://shop.jbonamassa.com/collections/ … eased-2016

---------------

I guess my OCD nature just makes me a stickler when it comes to details, but it appears there is even incorrect info in the official releases. I just received the CD for "Live at The Greek" and in the gear section at the back of the little booklet it lists the guitars Joe played and it says: 1958 Gibson Flying V "Amos". Joe didn't even buy Amos until after the 3 Kings Tour and that guitar didn't have it's live debut until 3 months later in November at Wilmington, Delaware. It's no wonder the general population refers to any V Joe plays as "Amos" since the official merchandise doesn't even get it right.

Natasha is right on!http://www.guitarplayer.com/gear/1012/joe-bonamassas-guitar-safaris-the-ballad-of-amos-arthur/55945

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I had to send my Greek Theatre back to the Amazon reseller
(hope they accept it.. it was open which they claim on Amazon they don't take back)

on 3 Blu-Ray drives in my computers wouldn't play the Greek Theatre at all.

my main Blu-ray player hooked up to my big screen would play it.. but that doesn't make it very convenient
hope the new copy works on my computer.

---------------

13 (edited by JBFan4Life 2016-10-07 23:16:24)

FWIW, DougH, shorts in a knot?  And raising your own complaint, stomping on my topic?  LOL, no wonder I rarely show up.

And to those that appreciated me bringing this up, and those that fixed it, thanks.