Re: My Next Concert (s)

BansheeUK wrote:
Kenny wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

Sari Schorr @ Darlington Forum (Blues Club's 500th show) Friday 9th.

I will be there too Mike - shall I wear a Tom Petty t-shirt?

I'll look out for you then - watch out for a short, yellow guy with long fingernails and mutton-chop whiskers, failing that probably an Ian Parker t-shirt (khaki green...) & denim jacket.

As a great Ian Parker fan I love reading that you are wearing one of his t- shirts. Such a great guitar player, singer and performer! Wished he would tour Germany again f.e. our Muddy's Blues Club in Weinheim...

annaforjoe wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:
Kenny wrote:

I will be there too Mike - shall I wear a Tom Petty t-shirt?

I'll look out for you then - watch out for a short, yellow guy with long fingernails and mutton-chop whiskers, failing that probably an Ian Parker t-shirt (khaki green...) & denim jacket.

As a great Ian Parker fan I love reading that you are wearing one of his t- shirts. Such a great guitar player, singer and performer! Wished he would tour Germany again f.e. our Muddy's Blues Club in Weinheim...

Always glad to try and keep "Ippy" in the spotlight.  I'm sorely tempted later this month to drop down to Ripley Blues Club where Ian is doing a rare, solo/acoustic gig. He has a handful of shows listed for Autumn, but mostly round his home area.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

BansheeUK wrote:

Sari Schorr @ Darlington Forum (Blues Club's 500th show) Friday 9th.

Just noticed that Sari is playing London (Nell's) tonight before Darlington tomorrow. Over the last couple of months there's been problems with road works, causing 2 or 3 hour extra travelling time for bands heading north - think its called Yorkshire - just a heads up in any tour managers are looking in.

The Producers' Hary Skinner summed it up best - "lick of paint, trim the bushes, cut the grass - that's all it takes to make a Smart motorway, no need to get carried away."

INDIGENOUS.... @ MOONDOG'S TONIGHT....:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Tedeschi Trucks Band tomorrow night at The Orpheum!!! (L.A.) smile smile smile

Show had been sold out, but a bunch of tix recently became available:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/tedeschi-tr … norcatid=1

(Not the best seats, but they’re not too pricey either, and it’s TTB!!!)

So much music, so little time!

David Gilmour @ RAH on Sunday.

Kenny wrote:

David Gilmour @ RAH on Sunday.

Saw him in Toronto in April, you're going to love it!  But I probably didn't need to tell you that.  Annoyingly, when I found out I will be in London during one of his shows the tickets were long gone.

However...my next concert...Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Sunday Oct. 2.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Sept. 24th @ The Uptown Theater in Napa, Big Head Blues Club. Featuring Big Head Todd & The Monsters with Mud Morganfield, Billy Branch, & Ronnie Baker Brooks, presents the songs of Willie Dixon. This gig outta rock Napa almost as hard as the quake 2 years ago last week.

Gimme Some Big Head!

J Dawg

Well this was beyond my expectations. One rockin' blues show last night. Big Head Todd put together a very tight tribute to the music of Willie Dixon. Vocals by Mud Morganfield were so smooth. Billy Branch's harp playing was outstanding and Ronnie Baker Brooks was on fire! Todd let those 3 shine all night, but he picked his spots to turn his guitar chops loose and sounded great too. Some of the highlights were, The Seventh Son, You Need Love, Bring It On Home, Let Me Love You Baby, My Love Will Never Die, Good Advice, I Want To Be Loved, & Little Red Rooster and others. If this tour comes through yer area by all means check it out! Pat, I got so wrapped up in the music I forgot to look for you, Jeez my bad, sorry!

Way Down Inside,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Sept. 24th @ The Uptown Theater in Napa, Big Head Blues Club. Featuring Big Head Todd & The Monsters with Mud Morganfield, Billy Branch, & Ronnie Baker Brooks, presents the songs of Willie Dixon. This gig outta rock Napa almost as hard as the quake 2 years ago last week.

Gimme Some Big Head!

J Dawg

Well this was beyond my expectations. One rockin' blues show last night. Big Head Todd put together a very tight tribute to the music of Willie Dixon. Vocals by Mud Morganfield were so smooth. Billy Branch's harp playing was outstanding and Ronnie Baker Brooks was on fire! Todd let those 3 shine all night, but he picked his spots to turn his guitar chops loose and sounded great too. Some of the highlights were, The Seventh Son, You Need Love, Bring It On Home, Let Me Love You Baby, My Love Will Never Die, Good Advice, I Want To Be Loved, & Little Red Rooster and others. If this tour comes through yer area by all means check it out! Pat, I got so wrapped up in the music I forgot to look for you, Jeez my bad, sorry!

Way Down Inside,

J Dawg

Hey Dawg...I was pleasantly surprised a bit also...great, entertaining show...don't miss this if it comes close to your location...had a great time....no problem about forgetting me, I actually did look for you after the show but just didn't connect...maybe next time...I think my next is Josh Smith at Biscuits and Blues in late October, maybe then....

1,828 (edited by pat6put6man 2016-09-28 22:21:13)

Whoops...I forgot I was going to see Ray Goren at Biscuits and Blues on Oct. 14th....Anyone see this kid yet?? From what I saw on youtube, decided I better see him live...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mamkdUbZYN4 Machine Gun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekRZ-8kHD4w Purple Rain

Erja Lyytinen @ Darlington Forum - Oct 7th.

Ryan McGarvey in Aberdeen on Friday,

Wille & The Bandits @ Newcastle; Cluny2  14th Oct.

Europe 11.11.
Glenn Hughes 01.12.
Alter Bridge 05.12.
Metallica 03.02.

April, 20th 2017: Joe Bonamassa at RAH III, London

May, 08th 2017: Joe Bonamassa at Festspielhaus, Baden Baden
                              (40th birthday party).

Gary Hoey in Dec.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Ticking one off the list.
Alan Parsons Project Live.
Nov. 5 in a very cool small theater just a 15 minute drive from home. Scored great front row balcony seats.
Stoked!
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:

Ticking one off the list.
Alan Parsons Project Live.
Nov. 5 in a very cool small theater just a 15 minute drive from home. Scored great front row balcony seats.
Stoked!
Rick

Brilliant!! You will not be disappointed Rick - they put on an amazing show.